Photo

Change Your Life!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#41 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

My aloe spray came in the mail today. Sprayed it all over my face and within seconds my face was red (to the point it was almost purple), tight and stinging. It went down after a couple hours. I took a prednisone pill (which I was just prescribed for poison ivy) shortly after the redness happened, so it may have been what saved me. Do you think I'm allergic to the stuff or could this be normal? I've never applied aloe before but I've used hand soaps and sanitizers with aloe in it with no reaction. Part of me thinks it was just attacking the bacteria in my face. It dried it right out and a lot of zits flaked off.

#42 mogthemighty

mogthemighty

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

My aloe spray came in the mail today. Sprayed it all over my face and within seconds my face was red (to the point it was almost purple), tight and stinging. It went down after a couple hours. I took a prednisone pill (which I was just prescribed for poison ivy) shortly after the redness happened, so it may have been what saved me. Do you think I'm allergic to the stuff or could this be normal? I've never applied aloe before but I've used hand soaps and sanitizers with aloe in it with no reaction. Part of me thinks it was just attacking the bacteria in my face. It dried it right out and a lot of zits flaked off.

I use Aloe religiously and have never reacted like that to it; but once I offered it to my boyfriend and it made his face purply-red too and it eventually went all crusty like a chemical burn! So I'd be careful if you're sensitive to it

#43 plebs

plebs

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

Do you think I'm allergic to the stuff or could this be normal?

Hey Exister, this sounds like a definite auto-immune reaction (allergic). I reccomend you don't use it again as with most allergic reactions, they will be worse for each time you react; by the way the aloe vera doesn't kill bacteria it's merely a moisturizer.

On topic of this thread I would like to say that the OP makes some interesting assumptions and correlations. On the subject of diary products there are in fact studies that link the consumption of diary products to acne (link1link2, and link3 for reference.) Also note that there are four main known causes of acne, namely:

1.  Genetics (link for reference)

2. Psychological (AKA. stress: link1, and link2 for reference)

3. Infectious Acne (a contagious bacteria) (https://en.wikipedia...bacterium_acnes)

4. Diet (although there is least evidence of this cause) (link1, link2, and link3 for reference)

Now, knowing this we can then safely assume that OP's theory about tea being able to help everyone is obviously just not true unless it's some miracle tea proven in a proper case study. I appreciate tips and tricks just as much as the next guy, I'l give OP credit for taking time to do a little research before coming up with this, but he obviously didn't think of the bigger picture (that being that acne is not just caused by a bad diet). I encourage anyone thinking that diet is affecting their acne to try this out, otherwise try and find out what is causing your acne and treat it accordingly by doing some proper research.

Edited by plebs, 18 July 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#44 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Do you think I'm allergic to the stuff or could this be normal?

Hey Exister, this sounds like a definite auto-immune reaction (allergic). I reccomend you don't use it again as with most allergic reactions, they will be worse for each time you react; by the way the aloe vera doesn't kill bacteria it's merely a moisturizer.

On topic of this thread I would like to say that the OP makes some interesting assumptions and correlations. On the subject of diary products there are in fact studies that link the consumption of diary products to acne (link1link2, and link3 for reference.) Also note that there are four main known causes of acne, namely:

1.  Genetics (link for reference)

2. Psychological (AKA. stress: link1, and link2 for reference)

3. Infectious Acne (a contagious bacteria) (https://en.wikipedia...bacterium_acnes)

4. Diet (although there is least evidence of this cause) (link1, link2, and link3 for reference)

Now, knowing this we can then safely assume that OP's theory about tea being able to help everyone is obviously just not true unless it's some miracle tea proven in a proper case study. I appreciate tips and tricks just as much as the next guy, I'l give OP credit for taking time to do a little research before coming up with this, but he obviously didn't think of the bigger picture (that being that acne is not just caused by a bad diet). I encourage anyone thinking that diet is affecting their acne to try this out, otherwise try and find out what is causing your acne and treat it accordingly by doing some proper research.

Sigh... There are no special types of acne. It all comes from genetics and that is it. Diet and stress are only aggravators and the bacteria associated with acne P.Acnes is in everyones skin. The real issue with acne is how the skin unproperly sheds which is almost certainly genetic.

#45 baldonius

baldonius

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

I definitely agree with taking cod liver oil, and not just for the purposes of acne prevention.

#46 Rheks

Rheks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

i didn;t read it all if I am honest, but I caught your drift instantly. I am probably do exactly what you're saying, I don't use any of these bad chemical things, I have cut dairy and sugar of my diet, obviosly some sugar is needed however. And I still have acne. 

I take supplements as well, vit c and zinc, primrose oil and probiotics for my bad digestion. Still acne. 

It's all bullshit, it's your hormonal change, and you just have to wait till it goes away, with the help of a good skin routine. 

#47 Mauricen

Mauricen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:28 AM

Zeffersons approach might or might not work, but one things for sure. A medical approach will get you nowhere.

A doctors approach to acne, is treating the symptoms not the cause ie. chemicals and antibiotics.

I was on antibiotics for about 4 years and i definitely paid the price. My acne got under control, but my body suffered. I am now off medications and my digestive system is fucked. I have bad acid reflux, and i am unable to gain weight.

I agree that hormones are a big factor when it comes to acne, but people who say that diet have no effect on acne have no clue and are probably just repeating what their doctor told them.

I am a living proof that diet is a major factor when it comes to acne. I only got my acne under control when i cut out dairy, gluten, and excessive sugar. Basically the Paleo Diet.

When people say they've tried EVERYTHING, i'll bet my money that most of them haven't even tried cutting out dairy, or giving up coffee.

And regarding the natural/unatural discussion about cows milk.

Yes humans need "human" milk when we are babies, but in no way is it natural for a fully grown human to drink the milk of a forced impregnated cow.

That's so irrational. Cutting out dairy was the one thing that helped me the most.

Ps. "Acne is hormonal and you just have to wait until it goes away" is just not correct.

There are people well into their 30's still struggling with acne. Try telling them that they just have to wait. Give it some time.

Also, a good skin care routine is great for some, but the thing i've learned from personal experience is the more i wash my face, the more acne i get.

Edited by Mauricen, 02 August 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#48 kefirfan

kefirfan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

hey Zefferson, I wanna give this a try rolleyes.gif

I'm gonna buy Fenugreek seeds tomorrow

Can you please give me advice how to make Fenugreek tea out of Fenugreek seeds?

#49 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Hey Zefferson, you replied to my "Aloe Vera" topic awhile ago and I have been using the Aloe Vera since then. My face has been more under control but still not doing so great. Still frustrated, I am looking for more I can do for my face and your topic here talking about how it's all about the blood is very convincing. I am going to purchase cod liver pills, fenugreek pills, aloe vera pills, and an aloe vera spray because my face gets very greasy through the day.

I am going to buy all these off of the walgreens website and am just very unsure about all the ingredients in them. I am never sure if they are as organic as I need them to be so I was hoping you could verify all these ingredients for me, I will supply the webpage to the product too. I will sincerely appreciate this if you can help me.

Cod Liver Pills:

http://www.walgreens...6145767-product

Nutrition Facts Serving Size : 1 Softgel Amount Per Serving % Daily value* Total Fat 0.5 g 1%   Cholesterol <0.5 g 1%   Cod Liver Oil 800 mg     DHA Omega 3 (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 52 mg     EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 52 mg     Vitamin A 2500 IU 50%   Vitamin D 270 IU 68%   Calories 10 Calories     Calories From Fat 5 Calories    

Fenugreek Pills:

http://www.walgreens...6037615-product

Nutrition Facts Serving Size : 2 Capsules
Serving per Container : 90 Amount Per Serving % Daily value* Total Carbohydrate 1 g <1%   Fenugreek 1.22 g    

Aloe Vera Pills:

http://www.walgreens...6096620-product

Nutrition Facts Serving Size : 1 Capsule Amount Per Serving % Daily value* Cape Aloe Leaves Latex Powder 500 mg    

Aloe Vera Spray:

http://www.walgreens...riptionNamedTab

Ingredients: Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel , Polysorbate 20 , Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) , Phenoxyethanol , Ethylparaben , Butylparaben , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Carbomer , Tetrasodium EDTA , Triethanolamine

Thank you very much for anyones' help.

#50 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hey Zefferson, you replied to my "Aloe Vera" topic awhile ago and I have been using the Aloe Vera since then. My face has been more under control but still not doing so great. Still frustrated, I am looking for more I can do for my face and your topic here talking about how it's all about the blood is very convincing. I am going to purchase cod liver pills, fenugreek pills, aloe vera pills, and an aloe vera spray because my face gets very greasy through the day.

I am going to buy all these off of the walgreens website and am just very unsure about all the ingredients in them. I am never sure if they are as organic as I need them to be so I was hoping you could verify all these ingredients for me, I will supply the webpage to the product too. I will sincerely appreciate this if you can help me.

Cod Liver Pills:

http://www.walgreens...6145767-product

Nutrition Facts Serving Size : 1 Softgel Amount Per Serving % Daily value* Total Fat 0.5 g 1%   Cholesterol <0.5 g 1%   Cod Liver Oil 800 mg     DHA Omega 3 (Docosahexaenoic Acid) 52 mg     EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) 52 mg     Vitamin A 2500 IU 50%   Vitamin D 270 IU 68%   Calories 10 Calories     Calories From Fat 5 Calories    

Fenugreek Pills:

http://www.walgreens...6037615-product

Nutrition Facts Serving Size : 2 Capsules
Serving per Container : 90 Amount Per Serving % Daily value* Total Carbohydrate 1 g <1%   Fenugreek 1.22 g    

Aloe Vera Pills:

http://www.walgreens...6096620-product

Nutrition Facts Serving Size : 1 Capsule Amount Per Serving % Daily value* Cape Aloe Leaves Latex Powder 500 mg    

Aloe Vera Spray:

http://www.walgreens...riptionNamedTab

Ingredients: Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Gel , Polysorbate 20 , Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) , Phenoxyethanol , Ethylparaben , Butylparaben , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Carbomer , Tetrasodium EDTA , Triethanolamine

Thank you very much for anyones' help.

I wouldn't take aloe vera pills or buy that spray with a bunch of ingredients in it... plain and simple (and less pricy) just use 100% pure aloe vera juice. You can find it on Amazon and I'm sure other places. Or heck, you could grow your own plant! Drink some of the juice (small amount) mixed with water in the morning and at night on an empty stomach and apply it topically whenever needed.

I have tried aloe topically and internally for my acid reflux and it didn't seem amazingly useful for either. I think it makes me break out.

Again, just another example of how something that works well for others may not work for you.

Some of you guys are so catty on here. It's extremely rude to treat anyone like that, let alone someone merely trying to help.

#51 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

I wouldn't take aloe vera pills or buy that spray with a bunch of ingredients in it... plain and simple (and less pricy) just use 100% pure aloe vera juice. You can find it on Amazon and I'm sure other places. Or heck, you could grow your own plant! Drink some of the juice (small amount) mixed with water in the morning and at night on an empty stomach and apply it topically whenever needed.

I have tried aloe topically and internally for my acid reflux and it didn't seem amazingly useful for either. I think it makes me break out.

Again, just another example of how something that works well for others may not work for you.

Good point about the Aloe Vera spray and pills, would you say the Cod Liver and Fenugreek pills are good then?

And as for the Aloe Vera plant, I have 3 small ones. Would you just squeeze the stuff out of all the thick leaves into a blender? Then into a spray bottle mixed with water?

#52 stephzoars

stephzoars

O.G.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Good point about the Aloe Vera spray and pills, would you say the Cod Liver and Fenugreek pills are good then?

And as for the Aloe Vera plant, I have 3 small ones. Would you just squeeze the stuff out of all the thick leaves into a blender? Then into a spray bottle mixed with water?

You DO have a plant? Very nice. Umm, as far as I know you just squeeze out the juice or apply it directly to the skin, no spray bottle needed then and I don't think blending is part of the process. I would research it and see what you get online.

I've personally never taken cod liver or fenugreek but it can't hurt. The OP was talking about tea, maybe try fenugreek tea instead of pills? Let me know how everything goes! Maybe I'll try it out.

#53 Slim Nelson

Slim Nelson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

You DO have a plant? Very nice. Umm, as far as I know you just squeeze out the juice or apply it directly to the skin, no spray bottle needed then and I don't think blending is part of the process. I would research it and see what you get online.

I've personally never taken cod liver or fenugreek but it can't hurt. The OP was talking about tea, maybe try fenugreek tea instead of pills? Let me know how everything goes! Maybe I'll try it out.

Yeah, I apply it to my face every night, but I wanna do the spray bottle thing though because my face gets really oily throughout the day. I feel a couple sprays of that when my face is looking shiny will suck up all that oil. I'll google how to make it, I still might buy a bottle though, idk.

And yeah, I understand. I just figured pills would be good along with using the tea also.