- Took much of dead skin layer off on Nov 30. Huge amounts from scalp.
- That night, skin was raw immediately after, red and irritated, one area that is always a problem spot (very sensitive with an enlarged sebaceous gland underneath), felt like a pimple was forming or even possible cystic, kind of scary. Another healing cystic pimple from weeks prior, now exposed as the dead skin layer above taken off, very red, basically new skin that is exposed and now will need some more time to heal over, no traces of old pimple activity though.
- Next day, itchy and red over much of face, sensitive, no flakes or dead skin apparent.
- Next day, starting to see skin heal over, less redness, more pink,, not as much itching.
- Yesterday, skin was getting a layer of thin and light oil as day progressed, no dead skin or flaking apparent, pink in color - good color for me.
- Today, off from work, cold this morning in Los Angeles, skin lighter, some dead skin film starting to form, in particular over areas where I didn't get all of the layer from Sat night off. Skin is nice light pink color. The area that I feared might get a cystic pimple never came out. I can still feel a slight pain under skin, but very small amt and only if I touch it, good sign for me that if anything, it should be a tiny one worst case scenario.
- I have been rinsing with distilled water on face night and morning since Saturday night. This morning, nothing. No oil present anywhere. Some in part to possible new dead skin layer forming, but not itching at all, no redness, nice light pink color, face not inflammed at the slightest. Some of this is in part due to the cold dry temp this morning, but no flaking and no oil are good signs.
- Old healing cystic acne continues to lighten and healing. General overall feel and appearance is good and I feel is progressing in a positive way.
- Right now, it feels like this is just the next cycle in the healing process. If things go as planned, the dead skin layer will be less than the first phase before coming off and skin acid mantle will continue to get better. My goal though is NOT to take off any dead skin, to allow it to come off on its own.
Right now, I'm happy. Saturday night and the next couple days, I was scared, but not completely unexpected. Thanks to past posters about their experiences after taking their first dead skin mask off, the raw exposed skin under would take a few days to heal up, and there might be some rough patches.
Edited by paul051966, 04 December 2013 - 11:48 AM.