Let's have a chat, shall we?
I find that people in my life don't care about skincare, at all. I care a lot. Skincare products are my addiction, I always want to try new things, and I do have very acne prone skin, so keep that in mind when I'm talking about things, this is Acne.org, so really every topic on this forum should be devoted to acne prevention.
Acne is the only thing that has driven my interest in skincare, and sparked my desire to strive for better skin, more efficiently.
I want everyone to join in on this, I think this could be fun. I have come up with 6 questions that I am going to answer, and I want everyone in the comments to answer as well. You can ask for advice, you can give advice... Recommend products to people, whatever. I think this could help a lot of people, so here are the questions:
- Your Skin Type
- What Your Concerns Are At The Moment
- 5 Products You've Tried That You Dislike
- 5 Products You Want To Try
- and 5 Products You've Tried That You Like, (if you have any)
- And Your Current Skincare Routine (optional)
Here are my answers:
- I have normal/dry/sensitive skin, I think. I'm not entirely sure, it really depends on the products I use.
- My concerns are dryness and flaking around my eyes, I'm not sure what's causing it but I think I have an idea. Also, clogged pores and blemishes.
- First is rubbing alcohol, I tried this awhile ago and I definitely DO NOT recommend it, probably the worst thing you can do for your skin, it will throw off your skin's PH levels and strip your skin's acid mantle/protective barrier like no other, it will also dry out your skin and give you zits. Second is the Clearasil Salycilic Acid Alcohol Pads, yeah, they sucked, they didn't do anything. Third goes to the not-so-lovely AcneFree line. I will say that the reason it might not have worked for me is because I wasn't really consistant with it, but hey, hey now, it didn't even make a little bit of a difference. Everything had Benzoyl Peroxide in it, it just wasn't really all that cool. Fourth is the Cerave *I know I hate to say it since i do like this brand,* foaming facial cleanser. This stuff was much like the acne.org cleanser only it was harder to lather and harder to wash off. It made my skin pretty dry, at first I really wanted to like this, that's why I wrote it a good review but no. No it wasn't good. Lastly is a random product I tried from clean & clear I forget what it was but it made my skin burn.
- 5 products I want to try: The Body Shop Soothing Aloe Day Cream, Argan Oil, Avocado Oil, Aloe Vera, and MANY other products in the whole foods skincare aisle.
- Acne.org Jojoba Oil, Acne.Org Benzoyl Peroxide, Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Facial Cleanser, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream I have enjoyed very much.
- And finally my current skincare routine: Morning - Cleanse for 20 seconds w/ 2 pumps of CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, dry face, then moisturize with a few drops of Aura Cacia Pure Jojoba Oil & Dr Bronner's Magic all-in-one coconut oil. Nighttime - Cleanse for 20 seconds w/ 2 pumps of CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, apply 2 1/2 pumps of Acne.Org Benzoyl Peroxide, wait 2-3 hours, (however much time until I actually go to bed) then apply a generous amount of Jojoba oil as a base for a small scoop of Cetaphil Moisturizng cream.