Photo

Pillows And Blankets Break Me Out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 kevindreed

kevindreed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

I learned that if I sleep on my back I don't get pimples as long as I use bp. But when I sleep on my side even if I put bp I breakout.

I've tested this a million times. I think it's my pillows and blankets.

Does anyone have a suggestions for pillows and blankets that don't break you out.

#2 Stella the diver

Stella the diver

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

What kind of pillow do you use? Apparently, foam is toxic. My derm told me to switch to a feather pillow! 

Edited by Stella the diver, 07 July 2013 - 08:18 PM.

My daily routine: 

Morning : Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash, moisturize with Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer w/ spf30

Before bedtime: Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash and apply Tactuo on affected areas

Medication: 100 mg Minocycline/day

Makeup routine: 

Primer: B.Kamins Corrective Mattifier

Foundation: Mary Kay Timewise Matte-wear foundation

Set: Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher

#3 Torquemonster

Torquemonster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

I learned that if I sleep on my back I don't get pimples as long as I use bp. But when I sleep on my side even if I put bp I breakout.

Does anyone have a suggestions for pillows and blankets that don't break you out.

Many years ago I converted from sleeping on my stomach to sleeping on my back to eliminate this problem. It wasn't so easy to get used to either. Personally I concluded that the real culprit was the pillow rubbing my face. I am prone to folliculitis and rubbing can exasperate it. Doesn't help matters either if the pillow case has hair or face oil on it.

#4 aanabill

aanabill

Sad has made me value happy!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

i use the usual cotton pillow that most households here use.

although my mum changes and keeps the cover clean but just to be on the safe side,i use a clean t shirt or any cloth everyday as a cover every night.

it might sound strange but i use the back side of the cotton t shirt that i'm to wear the next day.

washed usually with soap like lux etc

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??
http://www.acne.org/...-with-pictures/

huge pores
http://www.acne.org/...dwith-pictures/

indented scar
http://www.acne.org/...iswith-picture/

oils used for cooking
http://www.acne.org/...oilgood-or-bad/

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores
http://www.acne.org/...twith-pictures/

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)
http://www.acne.org/...food-allergies/
http://www.acne.org/...incare-routine/

#5 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

How often do you wash your pillow cases / sheets? It could be that you're not washing them often enough. Personally I think once a week is fine though. It could also be the washing powder etc that you use. You could try changing brands of detergent and see if that helps.

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#6 kevindreed

kevindreed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Thank im going to give these ideas a test.

#7 Zefferson

Zefferson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

i use the usual cotton pillow that most households here use.
although my mum changes and keeps the cover clean but just to be on the safe side,i use a clean t shirt or any cloth everyday as a cover every night.
it might sound strange but i use the back side of the cotton t shirt that i'm to wear the next day.
washed usually with soap like lux etc

Love the idea!
The health of your blood is displayed and on show for everyone by your face.
Don't make half deals with 'Accutane' to thin out the dirty blood, because once the course is finished, acne will come racing back! Don't spend money and time treating it topically either.
Realize that it comes from the stuff flowing under your skin and how healthy it really is!
Get to the core of the problem, cleanse your blood and say goodbye to acne!

#8 wheatfree

wheatfree

Have you nurtured your soul today?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Many years ago I converted from sleeping on my stomach to sleeping on my back to eliminate this problem. It wasn't so easy to get used to either. Personally I concluded that the real culprit was the pillow rubbing my face. I am prone to folliculitis and rubbing can exasperate it. Doesn't help matters either if the pillow case has hair or face oil on it.

Does anyone think this can be remedied with a satin pillow case. I know people use them to help prevent wrinkles because they don't leave creases in your face as severely as your typical case. Maybe it would cause less friction, also?

Fish oil is my favorite supplement because it improves my skin AND it improves my mood!
 Motto: Love Life in spite of everything!

We are all capable of more than we give ourselves credit for. We are all capable of more than what we are doing now.

#9 Zefferson

Zefferson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

hmm.. I don't think friction has that much to do with it.. Sure you move at night, but not that much..
You could look at getting a case with a higher thread count, so it's softer, and wouldn't cause as much friction (if you have a paranoia about that)
I wouldn't say it would be remedied with a satin case, but it may help..
I honestly think the problem is remedied by a constant clean case every night or as aanabill stated, a clean cloth.
Within two nights or so, the oils from your hair and face can significantly build up and collect all sorts of things and by the third night, following any regimen isn't going to help if your sleeping on that!

Edited by Zefferson, 13 July 2013 - 08:09 PM.

The health of your blood is displayed and on show for everyone by your face.
Don't make half deals with 'Accutane' to thin out the dirty blood, because once the course is finished, acne will come racing back! Don't spend money and time treating it topically either.
Realize that it comes from the stuff flowing under your skin and how healthy it really is!
Get to the core of the problem, cleanse your blood and say goodbye to acne!

#10 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Your detergent may also be contributing to the issue. Try a detergent for sensitive skin, check the National Allergy website. They also sell hypoallergenic pillowcases, which you can find in other stores like walmart and target.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **