Aha Purging - What To Expect

3 replies to this topic

#1 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hi, so i finally got the courage to start AHA and my schedule for the first week is to use it every 3 days and then the following week, every 2 days and so on and so forth.  i use a drop or 2 mixed in with my moisturizer and rub it all over my face.  The thing is that i believe i am purging from this as i have pimples coming in in areas that were previously all clear.  I'm not detered yet but what can i expect from the purging process?

How long can it last?

Will my acne get a whole lot worse?

Should i use more BP in these areas?

is my schedule of AHA use appropriate?

Keep in mind that in some areas, like my chin, i am still consistently breaking out.  Will this help clear up my stubborn acne. 

While i do have red marks, my main purpose of trying AHA is to help this God forsaken dryness

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

You are starting really slowly so that's good.  I'm not convinced that using such a small amount would cause you to start breaking out...it could be a coincidence, but who knows.  My experience with starting using AHA is that I had a small breakout again, mostly on my forehead but once that cleared up after a week or 2, I noticed that all the small under-skin bumps had gone, so it was getting the last bit of acne up to the surface.  I started with a lot more AHA than what you are doing though, but in hindsight i think slow is always good.

Good luck! :)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#3 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

Thanks Aye Aye - praying for the best.  It burned so bad last night which was weird cause the first night i tried  it, no problem.  Will keep at it though and let you guys know how it works out.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#4 carebear06

carebear06

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thanks Aye Aye - praying for the best.  It burned so bad last night which was weird cause the first night i tried  it, no problem.  Will keep at it though and let you guys know how it works out.

I've been using the aha mixed with moisturizer every 2-3 nights. I do have a little breakout from it. Its driving me crazy cuz I was soo clear up to a week back. But I noticed its calm down and I'm not so freaked out anymore lol.
I haven't started using it by itself as yet. Don't think my face is ready for it cuz I noticed those brown patches of dry skin is back.

How's it working for u?
Before the regimen - http://www.acne.org/...re-the-regimen/

AM
- CLEANSER: Acne.org
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 1/2 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Olay complete with SPF 15 + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

PM
- CLEANSER: Acne.org
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE : 1 1/2 pump of The Acne.org 2.5%
- MOISTURIZER: Acne.org moisturizer + Acne.org AHA + 5-6 drops of Acne.org Jojoba Oil

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for EXTRAordinary destiny" -C.S Lewis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users