swollen face swelling acne.org face help

5 replies to this topic

#1 jordanmac

jordanmac

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

So 2 days ago i started using the regimen. The first night i used it i only put the BP on my T-zone and chin because those are the only areas i had acne, but i put the lotion everywhere on my face. The next morning i woke up with a swollen face (i think it was from the lotion), i cancelled my plans and stayed home all day trying to make the swelling go down. It was so bad, under my eyes, both my cheeks, and on my jawline. I iced it all day, took medicine, used aloe gel, jojoba oil, put tea bags on my eyes, and gently massaged my face. The swelling when down a little bit, but i still looked like a chipmunk. Then in the middle of the night last night my face started itching so bad i couldn't sleep! I but anti-itch cream on it and took more medicine and it made it stop itching long enough for me to fall asleep. Then this morning i woke up and my face is twice as swollen as it was yesterday! I'm so sick of trying to make the swelling go down if its just going to get worse tomorrow! I'm going on vacation in 1 day and i don't want to be like this! Its so embarrassing and impossible to cover up. I stopped using all of the new products i just spent 60 dollars on. I need something to make this go away fast! Please help!

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Unfortunately, it may be that you are allergic to BP.  Give your face a few days to calm down and maybe try again with a pea sizedamount for the first week, once a day.

Keep us posted either way and try to enjoy your vacation

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#3 jordanmac

jordanmac

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

I don't think it is the BP because i didn't put any of it on the area's that are swollen! I think it might be the lotion...  

#4 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

Well stop using everything for a few days and then try reintroducing BP and regular moisturizer and see how it goes.  A little swolleness is normal, a lot , is not

Good Luck

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#5 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

It's def an allergic reaction to something. Stop everything until the swelling is completely gone and of you think it's the lotion, then introduce a tiny bit of Bp but using a different cleanser and moisturizer. You must be really careful that the allergic reaction isn't twice as bad the second time. Apply it in the morning so you can monitor your body's response. Good luck!

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#6 hopefullyclearer

hopefullyclearer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

Hi I have used this product for 6 days since I started. On the 5th day I woke up with swollen cheeks and they were red and today the same thing happened but the redness has reduced has reduced noticeably. The only thing I did in those 4 days in comparison to the 5 and 6 day were I woke up 6 hrs earlier and washed my face. Now do you think the swelling is due to the amount of time I've had it on my face? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users