I will be going to my 3rd Dermatologist in 3 years... As of right now, the doctor and the rest of his team are away on vacation until the 22nd of July. My appointment is on July 24th at 10:30 am.
For the past 3 years, I've tried a few things to help maintain my acne.. but, as i continued treatment.. i had to move onto stronger medications because my acne just got worse...
Here are the things i've tried:
1. Dalacin (Dalacin-T) (Used for 3 weeks; Did nothing at all)
2. Benzoyl Peroxide (Ordered it off Acne.org; Did wonders at first, then made my acne worse; Used for 2 months)
3. Stievamycin (Used for 1 month; Did nothing)
4. Stieva-A (Used with Benzamycin; Did wonders at first, then made my acne worse; My Dad noticed that my acne got worse throughout the treatment; Used for 2 months; However I continued to use the Benzamycin alone for 10 months)
5. Benzamycin (Used with Stieva-A; Did nothing; Discontinued use after 1 year; Just made my acne worse like the Stieva-A)
6. Blu-U Light Treatment (Did this once a month for 8 months; Did nothing; Discontinued it)
7. Chemical Peels (Did this once a month for a year; Did nothing; Discontinued it)
8. Pro-Active (Used it for 2 months; Waste of money; Discontinued it)
9. Glycolic Acid/Salicylic Acid (Used it off and on for a year; Made acne worse)
10. Doxycycline (Used for 1 month; Did nothing)
11. Tetracycline (Used for 1 month; Discontinued it)
I would try other medications, however.. im allergic to the majority of the remaining medications i havent tried.
When I go to my dermatologist appointment.. should i bring up accutane, if the doctor doesnt? cause, i really wanna try accutane! i mean, i just want clear skin!! i havent had the luxury of feeling smooth skin.. in like 7 years.. I'm 19 now :/.... so you could imagine how horrible i feel at the moment...
My profile pic was taken 2 years ago... when the medications were working... at first... and now, my acne has gotten way out of control... dont worry... ill post more pics of myself.. if i start accutane... it'll just be pictures of my progression.. weekly!
Edited by Ooksman23, 05 July 2013 - 09:41 PM.