Hello, I need some advise on how i should go about telling my mum about how my acne makes me feel.
- I have mild to moderate acne
- I first started getting acne when I joined secondary school
- I've now had acne in my life for three years
- Recently I have looked in the mirror and started to cry because I feel dirty and worthless, just looking at myself now is making me depressed
- Acne is now starting to interfere with my social life. I never leave the house, only when I have to go to school and when asked by my friends if i want to do teenager type stuff (e.g going out to the park) i decline saying I'm busy when really I'm not but just saying that so that people don't see how horrendous I look.
- Most of my friends have absolutely no acne, which makes me stand out even more
- i have never been criticised by anybody about my acne in public, however i do sense people looking at it.
Overall, acne is wrecking my teenage years and i don't know what to do anymore. I have decided however to tell my mum about it but i'm unsure how to tell her and what i should say as advise as what i should do.
Im 14 years of age, come from The United Kingdom and have Aspergers Syndrome.
In conclusion, i need help, serious help and wouldn't mind some helpful advise to my topic title
Thank you and may God bless you