Photo

Im New Here

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Auroraspain

Auroraspain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

Hi everybody, 

first of all sorry if my English is not so good, I am from Spain so English is not my mother tongue. I found the products of acne.org a couple of days ago. I have been researching a lot to solve this awful problem, and I guess my story will be very typical. 

Since I was around 15 my skin started to be really ugly with a lot of spots, so my mum took me to the doctor, he gave me antibiotics that didn´t work at all. Then I went to the gynecologist and he prescribed me contraceptive pill. This solved the situation for a long time, I didn´t have acne at all like for 6 years. After such a long time I decided to stop taking it and my doctor said it was ok. So when I was 22-23 my skin was even worse than before, all the cosmetics products I used just made the situation worst, I took the pill again and this time  it didn´t solve the situation. 

So I went to the dermatologist, at first he prescribed me antibiotics and some products for using on my face. Nothing worked, not even a slight improvement.

Then I started accutane, little by little my skin improved, but even with accutane my skin has never been completely clear. My skin was ok (just ok, not completely well) for a year. Last summer the nightmare started again. I have used a lot of products, the ones that work better are la roche posay, vichy, avene...but the only thing they do is not irritating, because altough my skin is oily it´s really really sensitive and it gets read very easily....this producs don ´t help that much with the acne itself, but at least they don´t peel my skin and the redness is not so strong. 

Right now I would say my acne is not so severe, the problem is that every single pimple I get (and I promise I don´t touch them) becomes an ugly blemish and it remains there for months and months, so even if am lucky and just have 3 or 4 pimples at the same time, the scars of the previous ones are so deep that it seems my acne is still worse. Yesterday I bought the acne.org products after seeing so much people with good results. For me is te last chance because I don´t want to try again accutane, it´s really dangerous for the health and if the first time didn´t work, why should it work the second one? I will not take again contraceptive pills because they  were just a temporary solution. 

I would like to learn how to cure this awful problem, I´m almost 27 years old right now and sometimes I feel so angry, people of my age just don´t have this grrrrrrr, why me?? The thing about I am most concerned is about the sensitivity of my skin, I hope it will be compatible with this products, anyway, do you have any suggestion of other things that I could do? thanks a million if you read alll this ;)

#2 Garrettrichard

Garrettrichard

Human Optimism Machine.

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

Hello! 

First off I think your English is quite impressive! I couldn't even tell the difference that it's not your main language (:

I know some people have success with the acne.org regimen after they come off accutane, Dan the founder of the website actually had some acne return after his course of accutane, which is why he researching a way to clear that up, and thus found the regimen. I personally think you should give the regimen a try, it works for so many people, and you won't have to be concerned about all the terrible side effects like accutane has, It would be hard on the body to put it though something like that again! 

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to message me!

PS. Welcome to the community! (:

Edited by Garrettrichard, 05 July 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#3 Auroraspain

Auroraspain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

thank you  for answering Garettrichard! I hope my products will arrive soon :) if it doesn´t work at least I don´t loose anything trying it (or yes, money :) anyway I have already lost a lot ...) I will take a picture of my face before starting so it will be easier to check if it worked or not. 

#4 Garrettrichard

Garrettrichard

Human Optimism Machine.

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

That's awesome that you already ordered it!

Be sure to check out and read this entire page carefully, as it will tell you (and show you, there's videos) exactly what you should be doing, and what to expect over the course of your treatment http://www.acne.org/regimen.html 

I can't wait to see your results (:

#5 Mandarine

Mandarine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hello,

You should start the regimen, it will help you for sure.

Did you buy BP? Epiduo maybe, or Cutacnyl? Have you already use it?

#6 Auroraspain

Auroraspain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi Mandarine! yes I used once epiduo, I used it for a month meanwhile I was taking antibiotics, then I started accutane and the doctor told me not to keep using it. Anyway I didn´t see any improvement, just peeling, I guess that not using a moisturizer was a mistake, but he didn´t told me to use it, anyway my infection was very big, in that moment I had a severe acne. 

#7 wheatfree

wheatfree

Have you nurtured your soul today?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

Have you tried adjusting your diet? It sounds like you have a lot of inflammation along with your breakouts. An anti-inflammatory diet may be beneficial.

#8 Auroraspain

Auroraspain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hello wheatfree, thanks for answering, how would be that diet? I always followed the mediterranean diet, I find it balanced, I eat everyday fruit, vegetables, olive oil...don´t abuse of sugars...This week I have started taking omega 3 and 6 and zinc, let´s see if it works...

#9 wheatfree

wheatfree

Have you nurtured your soul today?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think the Mediterranean is similar in most regards. Lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats, but no dairy. Just do an Internet search.

#10 Auroraspain

Auroraspain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

in fact I am intolerant to lactose and I don´t take it since a long time, honestly I don´t think my acne is directly related with my diet, maybe for some people it´s like that, but not for everybody, otherwise all the obese people that exist on the world would suffer terrible acne

#11 cvd

cvd

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Hi --- hope your acne is doing better now.  If not, I have some ideas.  You may have a bit of rosacea along with acne which would account for the inflammation and redness.  Avoid all alcohol and spicy foods and see if that helps with the redness.  Also avoid all dairy, nuts and sugary foods.  This alone will not control acne but it helps with the inflammation so that the acne you have is less severe.  Actually a second round of accutane may really help you.  I did two rounds and the second one made my acne much less severe.  It also changed my skin so that meds that didn't work before suddenly worked much better.  I have to say the best regime I have ever been on is the one below.  The benzoil peroxide cleanser is mild and doesn't whiten clothes like topical BP does.  The topical antibiotic Cleocin-T really makes a difference and the monthly microdermabrasions help my pores to stay open.  The spironolactone blocks androgens that cause acne...it is not a hormone --- just a hormone blocker.  It is very mild to the body.

Using Dan's method will probably help you but I worry about your sensitive skin.  Topical BP at any strength causes my skin to peel like crazy and it doesn't stop even if I use it for awhile.  I too have very sensitive skin (...a bit of rosacea along with the acne) and so my derm put together the regime below to control my acne without making my skin flakey.

#12 Auroraspain

Auroraspain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

thanks for answering! I started the regimen but I will consider other options if it doesn´t work. I didn´t know if pospone it or not because the first week of August i´ll be on holidays and I´ll go to the beach, but finally I decided to start it because I couldn´t wait :) researching a bit here and in other webs I knew that zinc and omega 3 worked very well for some people, so one week before starting the regimen I started taking these two things and the redness and inflamation started to improve!! then I started the regimen, now I am in the half of the second week, the first days I had some breakouts, but right now I see my skin improves day by day, it´s very dry and sometimes itches but the moisturizer helps a lot, I basically put masive ammounts and i let it absorve itself, the scars still look bad, but I see improvements in the general tone of the skin, and I didn´t have a breakout in 4 or 5 days :) I am very happy because it has been the most effective products I used since accutane, and that´s a lot for me considering that I am just in week two, I guess that the combination with zinc and omega 3 also is helping me and it´s making me improve faster. 

About my holidays...I don´t know how my skin will feel buy the time I´ll be on holidays, so when i go to the beach I´ll use a good sunscreen and a hat, and avoid the hours of strong sun (it won´t be hard though, I always do that way)

*I meant by the time :)