Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online Dating Profile

30 posts in this topic

just curious which dating site do you use?

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** Find the cause, find the cure **

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

i went through a bad breakup a couple of years ago that really took its course on me ...lost hair wrinkles emotionally scarred ...not that i was ever good looking but i have basically givin up on dating

I get what you are saying, I felt that way too after my last breakup. It really took its toll on me physically and emotionally, but only because I allowed it to. Ironically, my skin always looks its best when I'm in a relationship, must be all the endorphins.

Current regimen: garlic supplements [as needed], Enzymedica gluten blocker [as needed], nicadan [not sure if it works yet]. I try to simplify as much as I can. Don't take more supplements than you need....try one at a time and be patient.

The supplements that really helped me when my acne was at its worst: inositol, DIM [not as frequently now!] digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips/ low acid [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3, superoxide dismutase (SOD) enzyme supplements. NOTE: I do not recommend DIM for long term use, and I do not recommend hormonal creams without doctor supervision.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: acupuncture, regular exercise/ yoga, low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials...

Grocery list:

** If you have a question for me, please ask it publicly so that others can benefit from the discussion**

Hey WishClean!

First of all - good luck on the dating site, hope you'll meet a decent guy there!

I was a lot on the dating sites before as well and just like you, I'm photogenic and look worse in person, than on the pictures. Besides, I usually photoshop the spots away, cause I just couldn't stand the sight of it. So as you can guess my pictures on those sites were flawless and really well taken. Many guys used to write me compliments, but it didn't warm me cause I knew they're praising the illusion. And behind the screen sat a girl with severe acne on her cheek and forehead (I also have backne btw, which I never mentioned, because I focus more on my face). There came a time I really started connecting with some guys and I wanted to meet them so badly. But the thought of them seeing my real face was freaking me out. Nevertheless, I went to some dates, cooked on with heavy make up and one of the guys became my kind of boyfriend. He invited me on a cruise to which I went and I slept with make up, woke up early enough to sneak out of the cabin and fix it. But so much make up made my skin dry and small breakouts became inflamed with puss, which I squeezed out (unsanitary, without any disinfection, but what was I supposed to do, show up with disgusting white heads on my face? They're hard to cover)

While we were eating breakfast he noticed: "Umm, you're bleeding...". I went to the toilet and saw the squeezed breakouts were bleeding through the heavy load of foundation..... It was like a nightmare come true. It looked terrible... The last hours of the trip I was cold and hiding my face. I asked him to let me check out the stores alone, just because I wanted to run and hide. He didn't try to get closer to me either.

Do I need to mention that I never heard from him after the cruise?

So with this story I want to say that it's maybe best to show the real you. To have some make up on but not too much - so that the spots would be slightly visible. Just to show that your skin is not flawless. If you start going out with someone you won't be able to hide it forever so it's best that you end up with someone who doesn't mind acne, rather than someone deluded (but who actually find acne gross) and then get your heart broken.

But it's just my opinion. The experience on the cruise was really traumatising for me and I wouldn't like someone to end up in similar situation.

Diagnosed with PCOS

Occasional acne + rolling scars

Meds:

- Yasmin birth control
- Spironolactone 37,5mg going 25mg
- Inositol powder 2 times/day before meal

Skincare:

- Hemp oil

Hey WishClean!

First of all - good luck on the dating site, hope you'll meet a decent guy there!

I was a lot on the dating sites before as well and just like you, I'm photogenic and look worse in person, than on the pictures. Besides, I usually photoshop the spots away, cause I just couldn't stand the sight of it. So as you can guess my pictures on those sites were flawless and really well taken. Many guys used to write me compliments, but it didn't warm me cause I knew they're praising the illusion. And behind the screen sat a girl with severe acne on her cheek and forehead (I also have backne btw, which I never mentioned, because I focus more on my face). There came a time I really started connecting with some guys and I wanted to meet them so badly. But the thought of them seeing my real face was freaking me out. Nevertheless, I went to some dates, cooked on with heavy make up and one of the guys became my kind of boyfriend. He invited me on a cruise to which I went and I slept with make up, woke up early enough to sneak out of the cabin and fix it. But so much make up made my skin dry and small breakouts became inflamed with puss, which I squeezed out (unsanitary, without any disinfection, but what was I supposed to do, show up with disgusting white heads on my face? They're hard to cover)

While we were eating breakfast he noticed: "Umm, you're bleeding...". I went to the toilet and saw the squeezed breakouts were bleeding through the heavy load of foundation..... It was like a nightmare come true. It looked terrible... The last hours of the trip I was cold and hiding my face. I asked him to let me check out the stores alone, just because I wanted to run and hide. He didn't try to get closer to me either.

Do I need to mention that I never heard from him after the cruise?

So with this story I want to say that it's maybe best to show the real you. To have some make up on but not too much - so that the spots would be slightly visible. Just to show that your skin is not flawless. If you start going out with someone you won't be able to hide it forever so it's best that you end up with someone who doesn't mind acne, rather than someone deluded (but who actually find acne gross) and then get your heart broken.

But it's just my opinion. The experience on the cruise was really traumatising for me and I wouldn't like someone to end up in similar situation.

Grocery list: