Benzoyl Peroxide Breaking Me Out?

benzoyl peroxide

3 replies to this topic

#1 zephster

zephster

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love playing basketball and rocking out. I love movies and I love to eat.

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

I haven't had pimples on my forehead since December of last year (I usually get breakouts on my cheeks) and now I have 6. I started using BP 3 weeks ago. Is this normal? My forehead breakout began last week and got worse. They're small ones though but visible.

#2 Garrettrichard

Garrettrichard

Human Optimism Machine.

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness." - Chinese proverb

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

Some people report an "Inital breakout" of sorts with BP, it usually comes around week 2-6 of regular use.. along with the nasty irritation side effects. Keep on keepin on, and the breakouts should clear up soon enough! 

#3 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yeah this is very normal.  Many people find they start breaking out in areas that they don't usually, and even in areas they are not applying the BP.  You may find that you had small underskin bumps on your forehead that you hadn't noticed and this is them just all coming up to the surface.   Just stick with your regimen and once this new breakout heals your breakouts should become less and less until you're consistently clear.

Good luck! :)

#4 JinGeeloo

JinGeeloo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

I recently found out that  the way benzoyl peroxide helps acne, is also the way it can damage your skin. It works by destroying oil and bacteria that builds up on and underneath the skin. It cant tell the difference between good and bad bacteria, so it destroys the good bacteria as well, leaving nothing to fight off infection. I always wondered why my skin was dried out but I would still break out. I'm using Liquid Oxygen products that don't contain BP and my skin is clear AND soft. Not expensive either.  *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users