4 replies to this topic

#1 bin2213

bin2213

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hi,

i have been afflicted by body and chest acne for around 2-3 years now, though the condition is not that serious (moderate), i have been unable to fully clear out the acne. Just thinking is it ok if i were to use the 10% BP instead of the 2.5% normally used? What are the side effects on using a higher conc since its the body rather than the face? Cheers~

#2 Torquemonster

Torquemonster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Motorcycling
    Golf
    Guitar Playing
    Walking/Hiking
    Bicycling

Achievements

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

10% BP will probably dry the heck out of your skin for starters. You might have a fungal condition, not a bacterial one, and that could be why the BP doesn't clear it. Consider trying an antifungal topical like ketoconazole to see if it eliminates the problem or have a derm do a biopsy to establish with certainty if the problem is bacterial or fungal.

#3 lolaholic

lolaholic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

Are you talking about 10% cream or wash? the 10% cream that you keep on will definitely be too strong that it'll just dry your skin out. However, 10% benzoyl peroxide washes or bars should be fine because you wash it off after a few minutes. You could always try those.

#4 Manticore

Manticore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I recently started using Quinoderm 10% on my chest instead of my usual acne.org 2.5% BP without noticing any overdrying effects. I wouldn't use it on my face though.

The only way to know if it is too drying for you is to give it a go. You could always try 5% first & see how that goes.

#5 3lilpigs

3lilpigs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Making this world a beautiful place, starting with ME!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

10% will exacerbate the problem of acne by drying out your skin, irritating and causing inflammation. The existing acne may dry out and go away, but the problem will return with a vengeance-in all the surrounding areas as well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users