acne.org regimen the regimen moderate acne hormonal acne

123 replies to this topic

#121 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:35 AM

Lilly, how's the regimen going for you.  Have you seen anymore consistent improvement?  I'm breaking out as well so i may have to increase the dose as i am down to 1 pump in am and 1 in pm.

Please keep us posted

#122 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

Hey Sasch smile.png I think I noticed in a post of yours somewhere recently that you thought the regimen may have done all it could for you acne-wise? I know the feeling!

Not good to hear you're breaking out sad.png Hopefully you see some improvement with it (through BP or other treatments) soon! 

Here's a bit of an update for anyone who wants to know:

My relationship with the regimen can be summed up as a roller coaster ride tongue.png The whole way through it's been up and down even now. I have good days and bad days skin-wise ang good weeks and bad weeks. 

I still use the regimen - 2 pumps of BP at night. For the most part, that helps keep my acne controlled but I do still have acne and still have active breakouts and scaring / PIH. It's not perfect but it's definitely better than what it was before I started the regimen. I probably would be clear completely with it if I had the time to spare in the mornings to do the regimen then but I just don't have the time with my uni schedule / early starts at uni (unless I was up at maybe 4.30am each morning and I am not a morning person so that's not going to happen tongue.png)

I don't have any issue with dryness or flakiness anymore - unless I try to start using a small amount of BP in the mornings 

So I guess I haven't seen anymore consistent improvement really. I used to have photos in my gallery (which I recently chose to delete)  which I think I linked in my last post in this thread of where my skin was at then - and it did look pretty clear with just a few small spots. It's not that good now unfortunately - probably mild to moderate instead of moderately severe like I think it was at the start. 

Hormones still like to mess up my skin for me so I can't avoid that lovely breakout either. 

I keep saying too that I should focus on my diet a bit more too to see how that will help. My diet isn't bad (well this week I've had my fair share of chocolate for a while) but I could still take a more 'acne focused' approach. I briefly tried the gluten free thing but I don't think that had much impact for me (though it was a very brief trial so it could be worth trying again). I think I'll start trying a low glucose load approach as the theory makes sense to me. Once I've got my head around it and have some potential meal plans worked out (and things that are quick and that I can take to uni easily - I know - sounds picky) I'll get into it and try it for a while. 

I had also been drinking nettle tea to see if that helps but I haven't been consistent with it to know if it effects anything for me. I plan to start this again and be more consistent with it to really test it out

I also need to start running more often because I miss it! And I find it helps me stress a bit less. I think it may help my skin a little too though not drastically. My uni timetable and workload is just so crazy I find it hard to make the time to do it. I have time off this week though so I'm getting back into it and hopefully will then continue it a bit more easily once classes start again.

Products I'm using:

AM -

- either the Acne.org Cleanser OR the Johnson's Top-to-Toe Baby Wash

- recently started using the Cetaphil moisturiser with SPF 30 (not sure what it's actually called - literally only used it these past 3 days - but it seems good so far and seems to be helping my skin not get so oily/shiny)

PM -

- either the Acne.org Cleanser OR the Johnson's Top-to-Toe Baby Wash

- Acne.org BP

- jojoba oil (either Acne.org or a brand I got in a health food type shop here - Desert Essence is possibly the brand... but with jojoba oil I don't think it matters too much)

-Cetaphil moisturiser (the normal one without SPF)

I don't use the acne.org AHA on my face as I think it does more harm than good for my skin. I do use it on body breakouts when they decide to happen and I find it works well for that for me. 

I might try and find a gentler AHA or another method of fading PIH as it would be great if that could fade a bit more / faster!

Anyway...

I'm still glad to have tried the regimen but I do think I'm at the point where it's not going to give me any more improvements as I just can't make my lifestyle fit with how it should be applied / followed. 

I still plan to continue with it as I don't want to go through the withdrawal break out from quitting or a breakout from starting something new right now with uni being how it is. 

I have heard retin-a is a great topical and I'm also interested in sebaceous gland ablation so they're things I do keep thinking about trying some time. 

I think that covers it.

If anyone has questions about anything to do with my 'regimen experience' or just the regimen in general - just ask smile.png Always up for a chat too smile.png

Hope you're all doing well smile.png

#123 oshiawase

oshiawase

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

So I guess I haven't seen anymore consistent improvement really. I used to have photos in my gallery (which I recently chose to delete)  which I think I linked in my last post in this thread of where my skin was at then - and it did look pretty clear with just a few small spots. It's not that good now unfortunately - probably mild to moderate instead of moderately severe like I think it was at the start. 

Hormones still like to mess up my skin for me so I can't avoid that lovely breakout either. 

so you still have moderate acne? Now I feel so discouraged. i am on my first week and new backheads popped up. How do I know if the Regimen works for me? How long do I have to wait to figure it out and decide it's time to quit? And why didn't you quit the regimen entirely?

I do pray for your further improvement

#124 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

so you still have moderate acne? Now I feel so discouraged. i am on my first week and new backheads popped up. How do I know if the Regimen works for me? How long do I have to wait to figure it out and decide it's time to quit? And why didn't you quit the regimen entirely?

I do pray for your further improvement

Don't be discouraged! Stick with the regimen for 3 or 4 months and follow it exactly before deciding if its working for you or not. 1 week is so early on, not everyone would see improvements that quickly. The first month of the regimen is more about taking it slow and getting your skin used to BP rather than seeing results. So hang in there and stick with it. Patience and following it exactly as described are key! :)

My acne is on the mild side mostly. I'm sure that I would be clear though if I used it twice a day (but I don't have the time to). So if you can follow it exactly as described and work up to applying it twice a day, I'm sure your results will be great 

I didn't quit the regimen because it has definitely helped my skin / acne. It does work and has been more effective than other treatments I've tried. Of course, I'd like to be completely clear, but again, unfortunately I don't have the time to spare in the mornings to apply the whole regimen to make it 2 applications a day. Instead I only apply it (with BP) at night which still helps my skin a lot. 

Thanks :) Hope it works really well for you and you start seeing results soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users