wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting clear, and staying that way

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Day 8 of regimen (start of week 2)!

Applying the full regimen system twice a day from now on. So far so good. Skin is still quite red which is annoying. You can see the difference between my face and the skin around my eyes - it's an obvious line where I stopped applying BP to avoid the eye area tongue.png But I'm getting used to the redness. The dryness hasn't been bothering me much either - apart from when I'm waiting for my face to dry after cleansing (and before BP). My skin feels so insanely dry and annoying for those 5-10 minutes but it's tolerable enough. 

All the tiny clogged pores / whiteheads that I started out with last week (on my forehead and sides of nose/going on to cheeks) have cleared up smile.png I can still feel a number of bumps under the skin (mainy chin and sides of face) - they're either coming or going or just continuing to sit there. I have quite a big spot on my forehead and some smaller ones above my right eyebrow. Those spots on my forehead are the most noticeable. So overall things aren't that bad. Still dealing with breakouts but overall my skin is feeling smoother and I'm coping with the redness/dryness. Haven't really had an issue with itchy skin like some people report.

Hoping week 2 goes well and that you're all seeing improvements in your skin!

Ahh, good luck! Wow, I hate that line btw. But it also happens to be the line where my acne-prone skin naturally "stops" and the perfectly clear skin around my eyes begins. I never get a single pimple past that line.

#22 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

^Thanks wombat smile.png

Ok just need to rant a little here... (still day 8 btw - have a feeling the different time zones could make it confusing)

Does anyone else ever feel 'judged' for using benzoyl peroxide? (Probably just me though...) It's one of the reasons I quit using it last year and why I've been rather hesitant to add it back into my skin care / acne routine. I like a lot of more naturally oriented brands and I think that 'natural' idea is becoming more recognised in different health/beauty circles, so often I'll come across something where the writer (e.g. in a magazine/newspaper column/ facebook posts from a brand I've 'liked' even) is quite against the use of BP. It is a harsh ingredient... I mean it's essentially a bleach right? If it can bleach towels etc (even from just the BP residue on our hands) how is it ok to be using such large amounts of it on our face for such a long amount of time? And there's always been 'controversy' over how safe it is though I think it's widely agreed now that it is safe to use.

I guess it just depends on who you're talking to / where you're reading info from...

If I were to talk about BP to someone who is very 'natural skin care / diet for acne' focused, then I'm sure they'd probably be quite against the use of BP. Same with the 'natural' brands I like. Of course they'll be mostly against BP because they have 'natural' products that they want to sell.

When I first joined acne.org I was thinking of quitting BP and doing strict diet changes. I made small diet changes and wasn't very good at sticking to the bigger more restrictive changes (like being gluten free). 

Even though I was so hesitant to be using BP again, at this point I'm glad I've decided to try it again. I can already see positive differences in my skin. I'd already tried more natural products with little or no success. Some helped the general quality of my skin but did nothing for acne (and acne is the main concern). The emotional stress and pain etc of acne was getting worse and worse. I had to do something about it. And I ended up deciding BP was a lot safer than starting BCP or spiro or going back on antibiotics purely for acne. Besides, the regimen has worked for a lot of people!

If using BP is what I need to do to get clear skin, which will make me happier and more confident in general, and be 'free' of many emotional aspects associated with acne, then that's what I'll use - regardless of what other people think of me for using 'such a harsh chemical'

Edited by Lilly75, 09 July 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#23 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

Coming to the end of Day 9

Today hasn't been the best day. Been feeling pretty down in general... 

My skin also seems a lot more red and around my mouth/chin was peeling a little today. My skin also 'burned' today, a bit more than it has been normally, after I applied moisturiser after BP.

I don't think I have many new breakouts, but when I started the regimen I had a lot of bumps that were sort of just sitting there on my skin / just under it, and now a few are coming up a bit more - not to a head yet but just 'developing' I guess. Which I suppose is a good thing - it's just annoying because it means me and my skin look extra terrible today 

Can't wait until I get to the point where the redness will fade. I guess that's still a while away though. I'm sure I'll be permanently sunburnt-looking until I've stopped increasing BP for a few weeks. 

It's been raining here today and it's winter so it's colder than normal - perfect weather to curl up in a blanket on the couch and watch a movie. Which is exactly what I'm off to do! (After I watch Criminal Minds actually - another show I love haha - we're only just getting the 'new' episodes here).

Edit: Just a further update for day 9.

Skin is burning like hell tonight!! I'm tolerating it but it's the worst it's been. Very irritated feeling and a little painful too. I also noticed that the BP I'm using dried chalky/white on my skin tonight.  Haven't noticed that before. I increased the amount of BP for the PM a bit - so I'm guessing the more I increase it, the more likely it is that it will dry white. Very annoying. It blended away or something after the moisturiser though. I hope there's a way for me to get Dan's BP at some point.

Edited by Lilly75, 10 July 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#24 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

^Thanks wombat smile.png

Ok just need to rant a little here... (still day 8 btw - have a feeling the different time zones could make it confusing)

Does anyone else ever feel 'judged' for using benzoyl peroxide? (Probably just me though...) It's one of the reasons I quit using it last year and why I've been rather hesitant to add it back into my skin care / acne routine. I like a lot of more naturally oriented brands and I think that 'natural' idea is becoming more recognised in different health/beauty circles, so often I'll come across something where the writer (e.g. in a magazine/newspaper column/ facebook posts from a brand I've 'liked' even) is quite against the use of BP. It is a harsh ingredient... I mean it's essentially a bleach right? If it can bleach towels etc (even from just the BP residue on our hands) how is it ok to be using such large amounts of it on our face for such a long amount of time? And there's always been 'controversy' over how safe it is though I think it's widely agreed now that it is safe to use.

I guess it just depends on who you're talking to / where you're reading info from...

If I were to talk about BP to someone who is very 'natural skin care / diet for acne' focused, then I'm sure they'd probably be quite against the use of BP. Same with the 'natural' brands I like. Of course they'll be mostly against BP because they have 'natural' products that they want to sell.

When I first joined acne.org I was thinking of quitting BP and doing strict diet changes. I made small diet changes and wasn't very good at sticking to the bigger more restrictive changes (like being gluten free). 

Even though I was so hesitant to be using BP again, at this point I'm glad I've decided to try it again. I can already see positive differences in my skin. I'd already tried more natural products with little or no success. Some helped the general quality of my skin but did nothing for acne (and acne is the main concern). The emotional stress and pain etc of acne was getting worse and worse. I had to do something about it. And I ended up deciding BP was a lot safer than starting BCP or spiro or going back on antibiotics purely for acne. Besides, the regimen has worked for a lot of people!

If using BP is what I need to do to get clear skin, which will make me happier and more confident in general, and be 'free' of many emotional aspects associated with acne, then that's what I'll use - regardless of what other people think of me for using 'such a harsh chemical'

I agree with you - I think each person makes their own choice. It's your skin, your life, do what you want. Most importantly, do whatever gives you peace of mind. Sometimes the strongest acne treatment, even though it might not be the "safest", is the one that lets you rest easiest at night because you KNOW it's tried & true and WORKS. A lot of the "newfangled" holistic treatments are very on/off: work great for some, while doing nothing for others or even making their situation worse. The Regimen, on the other hand, has a very high success rate. Bottom line is, no matter how much flak people give BP, it kills acne and that's that. Whenever I was off BP for a prolonged period, I was always somewhat restless because I felt like any day my acne might return with a vengeance.

By the way, around my mouth / chin has been peeling too! But I don't care, the area around my mouth looks like such crap that it's hard for it to look any worse. tinydan.gif

#25 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Thanks - I needed to hear that! Last night I was thinking of quitting BP again... but I'll stick with it longer

I know I'm probably thinking it over too much (about people 'judging' you for using BP) but I think it's because when I quit BP last time, I tried a lot of 'natural' approaches and frequented 'natural' health care etc blogs and in those places that's when you hear how they think it's a bad idea to use BP because it's horrible. But I'm trying to forget about that and just do what's right for me now. And you're right -BP / the regimen works. I just have to put these 'worries' out of my head :P

#26 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Day 10

Technically I haven't done the regimen today. I applied everything when I woke up this morning as normal, but at the last minute I've decided to do out to lunch and a movie with my mum, so I tried applying makeup and my face looked like such a mess, I've had to go wash my face again. I didn't apply BP this time. I'm going to try and apply makeup again now without having BP on my skin and see if that makes a difference. Also not applying jojoba (and just extra moisturiser instead) in case that's also why makeup didn't go on that well. I think there's probably nothing I'll be able to do about it. It's probably the dry skin (even though that's mostly controlled by moisturiser and jojoba) that's causing the make up not to work mostly. It ended up all goopy and yuck when I tried before. I don't want to leave the house at all now :( I guess it's go with bad looking makeup and hope I'm not close enough to anyone else for them to notice, or go out with a face as red as a tomato... neither are ideal options haha

I hope I can find a way for makeup to work a little. At least to minimise redness. I don't know what I'll do if I don't find a way for it to work and I have to go back to uni...

#27 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Day 10

Technically I haven't done the regimen today. I applied everything when I woke up this morning as normal, but at the last minute I've decided to do out to lunch and a movie with my mum, so I tried applying makeup and my face looked like such a mess, I've had to go wash my face again. I didn't apply BP this time. I'm going to try and apply makeup again now without having BP on my skin and see if that makes a difference. Also not applying jojoba (and just extra moisturiser instead) in case that's also why makeup didn't go on that well. I think there's probably nothing I'll be able to do about it. It's probably the dry skin (even though that's mostly controlled by moisturiser and jojoba) that's causing the make up not to work mostly. It ended up all goopy and yuck when I tried before. I don't want to leave the house at all now sad.png I guess it's go with bad looking makeup and hope I'm not close enough to anyone else for them to notice, or go out with a face as red as a tomato... neither are ideal options haha

I hope I can find a way for makeup to work a little. At least to minimise redness. I don't know what I'll do if I don't find a way for it to work and I have to go back to uni...

Lol, I used to wear concealer... back when my acne was limited to maybe four large pimples total... and I thought I needed it THEN, haha. Mine looked so fake though, people noticed instantly. Needless to say I think it broke me out more, so eventually I stopped using it.

Plus, now my line of thinking is, if people see me at my worst NOW, then they'll only see improvement from here on (hopefully)!

#28 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

Day 10

Technically I haven't done the regimen today. I applied everything when I woke up this morning as normal, but at the last minute I've decided to do out to lunch and a movie with my mum, so I tried applying makeup and my face looked like such a mess, I've had to go wash my face again. I didn't apply BP this time. I'm going to try and apply makeup again now without having BP on my skin and see if that makes a difference. Also not applying jojoba (and just extra moisturiser instead) in case that's also why makeup didn't go on that well. I think there's probably nothing I'll be able to do about it. It's probably the dry skin (even though that's mostly controlled by moisturiser and jojoba) that's causing the make up not to work mostly. It ended up all goopy and yuck when I tried before. I don't want to leave the house at all now sad.png I guess it's go with bad looking makeup and hope I'm not close enough to anyone else for them to notice, or go out with a face as red as a tomato... neither are ideal options haha

Lol, I used to wear concealer... back when my acne was limited to maybe four large pimples total... and I thought I needed it THEN, haha. Mine looked so fake though, people noticed instantly. Needless to say I think it broke me out more, so eventually I stopped using it.

Plus, now my line of thinking is, if people see me at my worst NOW, then they'll only see improvement from here on (hopefully)!

That's a good way of thinking about it I guess - I'll try and remember something like that.

I got a little makeup to work. Basically just minimised the redness and didn't hide as much of the hyperpigmentation that I usually like to hide a bit better. At the same time though, I normally don't cover everything when I wear makeup anyway, otherwise I feel like I'm lying to people. 

I wish I didn't care so much about my skin - that would make everything so much easier! :P I never used to wear makeup in high school (only on special occasions really) and only wore what I wore today at the start of uni. It'll take a bit of getting used to again to be wearing only enough to take out some redness and have majority of pigmentation showing. I don't even care that the acne is still visible - because makeup can't hide bumps anyway.

I think guys cant get away without makeup, no matter what they're skin is like. Of course, if you want to wear it than that's fine, but I feel like there's this pressure on women to always look good - and to look good that means wearing makeup. (Even though a lot of guys say they like women without makeup... I think they mean they like 'no-makeup' makeup look :P)

Anyway...

Had a good time out at lunch today. We saw 'The Heat' (Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy). I thought it was hilarious! Laughed a lot - which was great - I really needed a good laugh! :)

I'll be back to following the regimen properly from tonight. I think on days where I need to wear makeup I'll cut down on the BP for the AM and see how that goes for my skin...

#29 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

Day 10 (still)

Just took this photo a few minutes ago (excuse the shine/oiliness - doused my face in jojoba tongue.png ). This redness and burning feeling is killing me! My skin practically matches my lip colour :P Do you think I've been using too much BP or is this normal? (Though again, hard to tell if it's a normal amount of redness as the redness isn't being picked up in photo as it really is in person - but you should be able to see the difference between this and other photos and even between my face and neck in this one?) Should I cut back on the BP for a bit or just continue? The burning sensation takes about 45 minutes to an hour to fade/ become more bearable. 

Edited by Lilly75, 11 July 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#30 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Hello Lilly!

I maybe not the best person to give advice on this but I would fight through the burning. I started waaaay too fast on The Regimen and my face felt like it was burning all the time but I didn't use less BP. I just wanted my skin to get used to it faster so I didn't alter the amount. That is my opinion anyway. I just applied more moisturizer throughout the day when it got painful and I got really busy so I didn't think about it too much.

There were also times when I stood in front of my open freezer door to get a bit of relief. Kind of odd, but it did the trick.

#31 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hello Lilly!

I maybe not the best person to give advice on this but I would fight through the burning. I started waaaay too fast on The Regimen and my face felt like it was burning all the time but I didn't use less BP. I just wanted my skin to get used to it faster so I didn't alter the amount. That is my opinion anyway. I just applied more moisturizer throughout the day when it got painful and I got really busy so I didn't think about it too much.

There were also times when I stood in front of my open freezer door to get a bit of relief. Kind of odd, but it did the trick.

Thank you so much for the reply!

Haha the freezer is a genius idea tongue.png I've been fanning my face with a piece of paper like crazy tongue.png

My mum seems pretty worried I'm doing damage to my skin as my skin is very red. I told her redness is to be expected though.

My skin has been very painful so I think I'll cut back just a little on the amount I've been using in the AM and continue with the amount I've been using in the PM just for the next few days to see if that gives some relief before continuing as normal.

Thanks again smile.png

Edited by Lilly75, 11 July 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#32 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hello Lilly!

Haha the freezer is a genius idea tongue.png I've been fanning my face with a piece of paper like crazy tongue.png

My mum seems pretty worried I'm doing damage to my skin as my skin is very red. I told her redness is to be expected though.

My skin has been very painful so I think I'll cut back just a little on the amount I've been using in the AM and continue with the amount I've been using in the PM just for the next few days to see if that gives some relief before continuing as normal.

Thanks again smile.png

What kind of pain are you talking about? Burning, right?

Hello Lilly!

I'm also starting to experience a little burning, and am considering whether to cut back on BP or to just keep trucking. I was thinking of cutting back to night-only application of 2 pumps, but after reading that I'm not too sure...

#33 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Yeah it's just intense burning. Burning is the best way to describe it I guess. Yesterday was the worst it's been - before then it had been tolerable but it was hurting so much yesterday - particularly that night.

#34 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Sneaker Fanatic . Movies . Music . Puppies&Kittens . Documentaries . GettingClearSkin

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hello Lilly!

Thanks again smile.png

>Hello Lilly!

I'm also starting to experience a little burning, and am considering whether to cut back on BP or to just keep trucking. I was thinking of cutting back to night-only application of 2 pumps, but after reading that I'm not too sure...

You say two pumps so I assume you are using the Acne.org BP. To be perfectly honest I used Benzac AC 2.5% to get clear and I used a fingers length every AM and PM. When I switched to Dan's BP almost a month ago I found two pumps to be a lot. I found that one pump is more or less the same as a fingers length of BP when I was using benzac. So right now I am just on one pump every AM and one pump every PM with the BP. I guess that is something to consider.

Seems to me that the measurement between the tube and the bottle are a bit off.

#35 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

You say two pumps so I assume you are using the Acne.org BP. To be perfectly honest I used Benzac AC 2.5% to get clear and I used a fingers length every AM and PM. When I switched to Dan's BP almost a month ago I found two pumps to be a lot. I found that one pump is more or less the same as a fingers length of BP when I was using benzac. So right now I am just on one pump every AM and one pump every PM with the BP. I guess that is something to consider.

How different are Dan's BP and Benzac?

Also is Dan's thinner? Something like that could be why the measurement between tube and bottle are different.

#36 nicmic62

nicmic62

Sneaker Fanatic

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

How different are Dan's BP and Benzac?

Also is Dan's thinner? Something like that could be why the measurement between tube and bottle are different.

Dan's BP is more watery? Not sure if that is the right word but it feels more watery and it doesn't hold its shape when you pump it out. Benzac is definitely more gel like. Luckily for me, using just one pump of Dan's BP has done a good job in controlling my acne like benzac did.

#37 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Hiking, Weight Lifting

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Day 10 (still)

Just took this photo a few minutes ago (excuse the shine/oiliness - doused my face in jojoba tongue.png ). This redness and burning feeling is killing me! My skin practically matches my lip colour tongue.png Do you think I've been using too much BP or is this normal? (Though again, hard to tell if it's a normal amount of redness as the redness isn't being picked up in photo as it really is in person - but you should be able to see the difference between this and other photos and even between my face and neck in this one?) Should I cut back on the BP for a bit or just continue? The burning sensation takes about 45 minutes to an hour to fade/ become more bearable. 

Glad to see you're still going strong, Lily! I definitely feel your pain because the burning was so annoying for me in the beginning too, my face always felt itchy throughout the day. I never got bright red but my skin would get to kind of an irritated orange-ish shade at certain times. I'd agree with nicmic in that you should try just pushing forward with the BP because it does get better with time, but if it's really hurting you and becoming unbearable I'd vote to keep the BP to a PM application only for awhile until your skin calms down. That way you're still on the Regimen and if you get any major breakouts you can still switch back to the twice a day method in the future, it's a much better option than stopping entirely.

About the make up, much like Wombat I'm yet another guy who has used to make up to cover skin problems tongue.png I use some BB cream from time to time and when I first started the Regimen it was almost impossible to apply the BB cream...my skin just looked horrible underneath. Either I used too thick a moisturizer and it left the BB cream looking gloopy and oily or I didn't moisturize enough and it left the skin cracked and dried out beneath the BB cream and that made it look equally as awful. My gf turned me onto this lightweight Neutrogena moisturizer and that's been the perfect balance for me for a daily application, it hydrates so well and doesn't leave me oily...that way when I do need to wear BB cream it doesn't look cruddy. I hope you find something that works for you there, I think the key is definitely finding an AM moisturizer that gives you that stable balance between not too oily and not too dry.

I hope things get better for you soon overall and I'm glad to see you're still pushing forward, it's worth it in the long run. smile.png

Edited by Randall Flagg, 11 July 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#38 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

Glad to see you're still going strong, Lily! I definitely feel your pain because the burning was so annoying for me in the beginning too, my face always felt itchy throughout the day. I never got bright red but my skin would get to kind of an irritated orange-ish shade at certain times. I'd agree with nicmic in that you should try just pushing forward with the BP because it does get better with time, but if it's really hurting you and becoming unbearable I'd vote to keep the BP to a PM application only for awhile until your skin calms down. That way you're still on the Regimen and if you get any major breakouts you can still switch back to the twice a day method in the future, it's a much better option than stopping entirely.

About the make up, much like Wombat I'm yet another guy who has used to make up to cover skin problems tongue.png I use some BB cream from time to time and when I first started the Regimen it was almost impossible to apply the BB cream...my skin just looked horrible underneath. Either I used too thick a moisturizer and it left the BB cream looking gloopy and oily or I didn't moisturize enough and it left the skin cracked and dried out beneath the BB cream and that made it look equally as awful. My gf turned me onto this lightweight Neutrogena moisturizer and that's been the perfect balance for me for a daily application, it hydrates so well and doesn't leave me oily...that way when I do need to wear BB cream it doesn't look cruddy. I hope you find something that works for you there, I think the key is definitely finding an AM moisturizer that gives you that stable balance between not too oily and not too dry.

I hope things get better for you soon overall and I'm glad to see you're still pushing forward, it's worth it in the long run. smile.png

Thanks so much for the advice :)

Strangely enough, I still haven't had that much of an issue with itchy skin. It's just extreme redness and burning feeling and the dryness is becoming more annoying (but that's where jojoba oil is a life saver :P)

Today (Day 11) I used a tiny amount of BP in the AM and had no burning feeling at all! Which was a relief but also felt like a sign that I should be using more than that. I'll try more tomorrow. Like you and nicmic62 have suggested, I'll go back to the amount I had been using in the AM tomorrow and just keep pushing through it. That's probably a good idea. That way my skin will either get used to it sooner or I'll probably be stuck in this in between phase where I don't increase BP anymore for fear of burning my skin more... And like you said, I can always cut back to once day for a bit if it does get too much.

I've never tried BB creams. I hear mixed things about them. Do they give much coverage for you?

I think you're right about makeup and moisturiser. I think that was what was giving me the most trouble with applying it yesterday. Need to find a good balance of moisturiser.

I actually have some Neutrogena moisturiser (my brother was using it but he's back to not doing anything for his skin and his skin being perfect - lucky kid). It's Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture with SPF 15. Does that happen to be the one your gf suggested? :P Either way, I'll give it a try for the AM anyway.

Thanks again :)

#39 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Day 12

Woke up with insane flaking around my mouth and chin. I'm going back to using the same amount of BP in AM and PM so I'll be sure to increase the moisturiser / jojoba even more. Didn't experience much redness or burning yesterday - not even at night with the normal amount of BP I've been using... so I'll see how that goes today.

Skin update: The breakouts on my right side (which you can sort of see in the last picture I posted here) and breakouts on the 'edge' of my chin are the worst that I have right now. Don't really have anything active on my left side. Forehead still has a few spots above my right eyebrow but is otherwise good too. So, overall it's not that bad - hoping it all continues on up from here smile.png

PM update: No crazy burning feeling today at all! And that's with using a fair amount of BP in the AM and PM. Also, only a slight amount of redness compared to what it was 2 days ago (crazy how quickly things change on the regimen). I guess that means my skin is pretty much adjusted to the amount I'm using. Now to go through all the redness and burning again next week when I try increasing the amount further rolleyes.gif

Edited by Lilly75, 13 July 2013 - 05:21 AM.

#40 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Day 13

Feeling really good today so far! Woke up with no flakes  and my skin didn't have that insane redness or burning after doing the whole regimen this morning. :) The spots on my chin and right cheek seem to me like they're starting to clear. Hopefully they'll clear by the end of next week, if not sooner. Hoping not to breakout more either - but it's still early days in terms of the regimen so I'm sure breakouts are still going to happen for a bit. Though I haven't seen anything new on my left side - so that has been relatively clear for the past few days :) Hoping it stays that way! 

Had an interesting conversation with my brother last night about acne. We had been talking about nothing related to acne when he suddenly says that a friend of his from school has acne now - and then he laughed! Not a full on laugh - more of a 'chuckle' I guess :P but still - he laughed about someone having acne - which shocked me in a way. He's normally such a nice guy I didn't think he'd be teasing his friend like that behind his back. I told him that it wasn't something to laugh or tease someone about. He said it wasn't meant to be offensive but I said it offended me a bit - especially seeing as he was 'prompted' to mention this after looking at / talking to me.  My brother has pretty good skin apart from a couple of spots now and then. Maybe the rest of his friends have completely perfect skin so seeing this friend with acne makes him feel less alone? I don't know. But I think he got what I was saying - that acne is more serious than most people would think so not to laugh about a person with it or tease them. I just thought that's something he already understood, as I'm sure he's seen how acne can affect me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users