Vitamin A Acne Fight Dosage

2 replies to this topic

#1 BenJohnson32

BenJohnson32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hey everyone, so I realize that obviously taking large amounts of vitamin A is bad for my liver. But at this point I just want it to clear my acne and Im pretty sure large anounts can do this. Currently I take about 20000iu of it a day for the past two days. It cleared it slightly but now ive broken out again. By the way, is a purge normal for a week into the vitamin A treatment? Anyways, I think Im going to up to dosage to 40000iu of vitamin A for a week or two and then 10000iu of vitamin D. I realize this is alot but will it work more efficiently than 20000iu of vitamin A?

#2 JohnH

JohnH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Skincare, health, nutrition, fitness, overall wellness, cars, and tennis.

Achievements

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Everyone's different, may or may not make a difference. What's your source of vit A? Beta carotene, palmitate, cod liver oil?

Keep in mind that the above statement(s), opinion(s), and/or recommendation(s) are based on my own personal experience and observations. Different people's bodies react differently to different things. It may not be the same for you. It may not work for you. Generally speaking, "your mileage may vary." In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither a medical doctor nor a nutritionist; I'm just a guy who's passionate about health, nutrition, and clear skin! Consult a practicing physician, dietician, or dermatologist before incorporating new supplements into your diet.

#3 BenJohnson32

BenJohnson32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

Its retinol palmitate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users