Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BenJohnson32

Vitamin A Acne Fight Dosage

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, so I realize that obviously taking large amounts of vitamin A is bad for my liver. But at this point I just want it to clear my acne and Im pretty sure large anounts can do this. Currently I take about 20000iu of it a day for the past two days. It cleared it slightly but now ive broken out again. By the way, is a purge normal for a week into the vitamin A treatment? Anyways, I think Im going to up to dosage to 40000iu of vitamin A for a week or two and then 10000iu of vitamin D. I realize this is alot but will it work more efficiently than 20000iu of vitamin A?

Everyone's different, may or may not make a difference. What's your source of vit A? Beta carotene, palmitate, cod liver oil?

Keep in mind that the above statement(s), opinion(s), and/or recommendation(s) are based on my own personal experience and observations. Different people's bodies react differently to different things. It may not be the same for you. It may not work for you. Generally speaking, "your mileage may vary." In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither a medical doctor nor a nutritionist; I'm just a guy who's passionate about health, nutrition, and clear skin! Consult a practicing physician, dietician, or dermatologist before incorporating new supplements into your diet.