Cured! Vitamin D3, Calcium & Magnesium

25 replies to this topic

#21 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

the d3 really does help! and possibly cutting out dairy because of the hormones in milk smile.png

Yes. Also, the amount in the milk is negligible. 

And the RDAs for D are too low.  They were set when they knew very little about the many things it does.  And like with most nutrients, they were set at the level to prevent some specific and acute disease that were once observable in cultures here and there where it was common to be deficient. Like with vitamin C and scurvy in sailors.  They are are rarely adequate for long term optimal function and health.  Although, the need for some is way overblown.  Like Calcium. You don't need that much calcium. What you need is the other minerals involved in bone formation and function and to not consume so much of things that leach calcium from your bones. Like soft drinks.

#22 WishClean

WishClean

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

What brand of D3 are you taking? I tried so many, and always break out. Some were too "oily" for me, and the megafood brand has yeast in it so I actually broke out from taking them (same with B-complex). What brand of magnesium and calcium worked for you?

#23 John457

John457

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

I've been taking 2,000 IU of Vitamin D3, daily, for 2 months now. I've also been taking 50,000 IU Vitamin D2, weekly, for two months as well. So far I've seen little improvement in my skin. I still get cysts and my skin is still very oily. I plan on having my Vitamin D levels checked again soon to see how my levels have risen since starting supplementation.

#24 Cubed

Cubed

Fantastic Bore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:God, the Bible, family, friends, art, design, film, music, education, books, my cell phone :D, beauty information, exercise, walking, love :)

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

the d3 really does help! and possibly cutting out dairy because of the hormones in milk smile.png

And the RDAs for D are too low.  They were set when they knew very little about the many things it does.  And like with most nutrients, they were set at the level to prevent some specific and acute disease that were once observable in cultures here and there where it was common to be deficient. Like with vitamin C and scurvy in sailors.  They are are rarely adequate for long term optimal function and health.  Although, the need for some is way overblown.  Like Calcium. You don't need that much calcium. What you need is the other minerals involved in bone formation and function and to not consume so much of things that leach calcium from your bones. Like soft drinks.

where are you getting your information from? the amount of hormones in milk and dairy is not negligible. 

#25 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

where are you getting your information from? the amount of hormones in milk and dairy is not negligible. 

I was talking about the amount of vitamin D added to milk.  It is useless as a source of vitamin D.

#26 Cubed

Cubed

Fantastic Bore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:God, the Bible, family, friends, art, design, film, music, education, books, my cell phone :D, beauty information, exercise, walking, love :)

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

I was talking about the amount of vitamin D added to milk.  It is useless as a source of vitamin D.

in that case, i totally agree and i apologize for questioning you like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users