Photo

Cured! Vitamin D3, Calcium & Magnesium

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

the d3 really does help! and possibly cutting out dairy because of the hormones in milk smile.png

Yes. Also, the amount in the milk is negligible. 

And the RDAs for D are too low.  They were set when they knew very little about the many things it does.  And like with most nutrients, they were set at the level to prevent some specific and acute disease that were once observable in cultures here and there where it was common to be deficient. Like with vitamin C and scurvy in sailors.  They are are rarely adequate for long term optimal function and health.  Although, the need for some is way overblown.  Like Calcium. You don't need that much calcium. What you need is the other minerals involved in bone formation and function and to not consume so much of things that leach calcium from your bones. Like soft drinks.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#22 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

What brand of D3 are you taking? I tried so many, and always break out. Some were too "oily" for me, and the megafood brand has yeast in it so I actually broke out from taking them (same with B-complex). What brand of magnesium and calcium worked for you?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#23 John457

John457

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

I've been taking 2,000 IU of Vitamin D3, daily, for 2 months now. I've also been taking 50,000 IU Vitamin D2, weekly, for two months as well. So far I've seen little improvement in my skin. I still get cysts and my skin is still very oily. I plan on having my Vitamin D levels checked again soon to see how my levels have risen since starting supplementation.

Current Skincare Regimen

MORNING

Green Tea Cleanser from Dermatologist

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion

Murad Acne Treatment Concealer (Light) 

NIGHT

Green Tea Cleanser from Dermatologist

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion

OTHER

Monthly Chemical Peels (Salicylic and Glycolic Based)

Current Supplements: Zinc, Vitamin D3.

Past Efforts: Topical Treatments (BP, Evoclin, Differin, Duac, Ziana, Epiduo, etc.); Antibiotics (Doxycycline, Bactrim, Solodyn); Other Treatments (IsoLaz, Chemical Peels, Supplementation, Elimination Diets, etc.)

#24 Cubed

Cubed

Fantastic Bore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

the d3 really does help! and possibly cutting out dairy because of the hormones in milk smile.png

And the RDAs for D are too low.  They were set when they knew very little about the many things it does.  And like with most nutrients, they were set at the level to prevent some specific and acute disease that were once observable in cultures here and there where it was common to be deficient. Like with vitamin C and scurvy in sailors.  They are are rarely adequate for long term optimal function and health.  Although, the need for some is way overblown.  Like Calcium. You don't need that much calcium. What you need is the other minerals involved in bone formation and function and to not consume so much of things that leach calcium from your bones. Like soft drinks.

where are you getting your information from? the amount of hormones in milk and dairy is not negligible. 

God bless :)

#25 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

where are you getting your information from? the amount of hormones in milk and dairy is not negligible. 

I was talking about the amount of vitamin D added to milk.  It is useless as a source of vitamin D.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#26 Cubed

Cubed

Fantastic Bore

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

I was talking about the amount of vitamin D added to milk.  It is useless as a source of vitamin D.

in that case, i totally agree and i apologize for questioning you like that.

God bless :)