Photo

Back On The Regimen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#41 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Day 13

Overnight, Cetaphil felt kinda warm on my skin... especially on my burned areas... I guess that's the best way to describe it. But it wasn't a burning sensation so that's good. Woke up with a slightly redder face than I'd like (maybe that's the result of using 2 pumps on my face for the first time... before I applied to ears and neck as well), but surprisingly it wasn't flake city, just flake town I guess. All credit goes to Cetaphil (cleanser + lotion). My skin also doesn't feel tight at ALL... I can talk as much as I want and eat a normal breakfast! biggrin.png

Morning regimen was... Cetaphil gentle cleanser in shower... then applied 3 pumps CeraVe right after patting my face dry. CeraVe didn't burn at ALL, although it did make my face a little flushed...maybe... but then again, I already had a red face when I woke up. It's definitely lighter than Cetaphil and better for daytime use... and my skin doesn't really feel too tight... maybe like 20-30% tighter than it would without the Regimen. Also it doesn't really glue down flakes the way Cetaphil does, but I feel like that's because it actually absorbs instead of sticking around on the skin. Also, I think most of the flakes on my face right now are residual.

In terms of breakouts... a couple new tiny ones right under my lower lip. And stuff to the upper-right of my top lip. Not too problematic at this point. Also some random ones near my sideburns and one near my hairline at the top. Not really sure why. Oh, I also decided to spot treat with Dan's BP, but OVER the moisturizer... I'm guessing it won't really do much, but I just feel safer having some sort of BP on my face... XD

Speaking about the breakouts, do you get whiteheads? What do you do to the whiteheads?

I get the full range of acne unfortunately... ranging from the tiny whiteheads that dry up and fall off overnight, to deep huge cysts that pull back into the skin instead of surfacing.

A lot of the acne I get around my mouth becomes a whitehead or some point or another (although to be honest I don't know if they would be classified as "whiteheads" or "pustules", or if there is even a difference between the two). Oftentimes they are painful / sensitive to the touch.

I usually find it best to just leave them alone. I know it's not pretty walking around with whiteheads, but I find that a lot of the time when I pop they just become a bloody mess, and the resulting scab is even worse.

I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and try my best not to pop them. If one is so huge I will make an exception though. Thank you for helping me! :)

#42 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Day 13

Overnight, Cetaphil felt kinda warm on my skin... especially on my burned areas... I guess that's the best way to describe it. But it wasn't a burning sensation so that's good. Woke up with a slightly redder face than I'd like (maybe that's the result of using 2 pumps on my face for the first time... before I applied to ears and neck as well), but surprisingly it wasn't flake city, just flake town I guess. All credit goes to Cetaphil (cleanser + lotion). My skin also doesn't feel tight at ALL... I can talk as much as I want and eat a normal breakfast! biggrin.png

Morning regimen was... Cetaphil gentle cleanser in shower... then applied 3 pumps CeraVe right after patting my face dry. CeraVe didn't burn at ALL, although it did make my face a little flushed...maybe... but then again, I already had a red face when I woke up. It's definitely lighter than Cetaphil and better for daytime use... and my skin doesn't really feel too tight... maybe like 20-30% tighter than it would without the Regimen. Also it doesn't really glue down flakes the way Cetaphil does, but I feel like that's because it actually absorbs instead of sticking around on the skin. Also, I think most of the flakes on my face right now are residual.

In terms of breakouts... a couple new tiny ones right under my lower lip. And stuff to the upper-right of my top lip. Not too problematic at this point. Also some random ones near my sideburns and one near my hairline at the top. Not really sure why. Oh, I also decided to spot treat with Dan's BP, but OVER the moisturizer... I'm guessing it won't really do much, but I just feel safer having some sort of BP on my face... XD

Speaking about the breakouts, do you get whiteheads? What do you do to the whiteheads?

I get the full range of acne unfortunately... ranging from the tiny whiteheads that dry up and fall off overnight, to deep huge cysts that pull back into the skin instead of surfacing.

A lot of the acne I get around my mouth becomes a whitehead or some point or another (although to be honest I don't know if they would be classified as "whiteheads" or "pustules", or if there is even a difference between the two). Oftentimes they are painful / sensitive to the touch.

I usually find it best to just leave them alone. I know it's not pretty walking around with whiteheads, but I find that a lot of the time when I pop they just become a bloody mess, and the resulting scab is even worse.

I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and try my best not to pop them. If one is so huge I will make an exception though. Thank you for helping me! smile.png

No problem! Also one thing I need to start doing myself is resisting the urge to touch the pimples. Sometimes I do that just to see if they "feel" any bigger, or to distinguish between hyperpigmentation and acne. But, any touching is ultimately irritating... so...

Anyway, Day 13 - Evening

So I barely had any flakes today. I had lunch with a friend, and the whole time I was paranoid that my mouth was flaking up. After we finished I jumped into the bathroom to check my face. To my surprise, there were NO flakes anywhere. Well maybe one, lol.

I do have some complaints though. First, my red face, part of which can probably be attributed to the fact that yesterday was the first time I put a full 2 pumps on my face. I wish it would go away soon though. Also, while the stuff around most of my mouth doesn't bother me too much, the stuff I'm getting in the lower corners is really annoying. Left corner actually hurts a bit (there have been maybe three or four new pimples there), right corner just feels uncomfortable. Also, both are really red because of hyperpigmentation and because of the new inflamed acne that came up. Basically I have a ring of fire around my mouth. Not the most attractive look I've sported...

I just wish I knew exactly what was causing this round-the-mouth bullshit. If I knew... man, I'd cut that out of my life so fast! XD

In the evening... BP made my face red, and burned / stung on my temples and upper cheekbones. There is still a dry patch of ultra-red skin near my right eye btw. It's really sensitive to the touch, and kinda looks like I got smacked in the face really hard. I'm considering maybe even skipping an entire day of BP just to see if it subsides. Cetaphil Lotion didn't contribute to the burning sensation much, but accentuated the patch.

Edited by wombat666, 20 July 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#43 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

Day 14 - Morning

Dammit! Back to square one with night moisturizer I guess. Last night I was on the phone with my gf until like 5AM, and throughout I felt my face burning more and more. Eventually I got up to check the mirror, and BOY was my face red. Like a tomato! I immediately washed my face with cleanser and the burning subsided. Also this morning a lot of the extreme redness is gone... of course my face is still redder than the rest of my body though.

This really sucks because I thought I had a nice routine figured out. Was really hoping I could go back to Cetaphil as a night moisturizer since it's such a good flake-fighter. I guess I'll have to go back to one of the lighter ones like Neutrogena or Aveeno sad.png

This morning... just cleanser and moisturized... after applying CeraVe, redness returned, but there was no accompanying burn... the redness didn't go away either, just got worse as time progressed... so eventually I washed it off and tried Aveeno. That lowered redness by about 10-20% I guess...

In terms of new acne... some stuff on my right jaw... also one of the ones on my upper lipline that I thought was just hyperpigmentation at this point decided to rise up again.

Aveeno kept my face more or less flake-free throughout the day, although my face was a little too red for my liking... it wasn't lobster skin by any means but it did have a pinkish hue.

Evening - Cetaphil Gentle cleanser, 2 pumps BP. I felt some burning from BP, mostly just on my temples and right upper cheek though. Face got kinda red. I didn't apply moisturizer afterwards because I'm pretty sure anything I try at this point, post-BP, will ignite my face. BP is enough irritation for now.

Edited by wombat666, 21 July 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#44 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

Day 15 - Morning

Interestingly enough, despite not moisturizing last night, woke up with less flakes than I've had in a week. In fact there were almost none. And my face wasn't obscenely red either, just a little tight.

Cleansed in shower / moisturized with Aveeno. A lot of tiny flakes (I guess "crumbs" is a better word) appeared in my beard and around my mouth, I had to spend a really long time picking them off with tweezers, and I didn't even get all of them.

Evening

Got home really late and applied BP at maybe 1:30 AM. My round-the-mouth acne sure received a lot of irritation tonight! The Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser doesn't dry at all, to the point where I'm wondering whether or not it's doing anything, as I still feel like there's a mask of moisturizer on my face... but I can also be optimistic and say that my skin is just really moisturized now XD ...

Edited by wombat666, 22 July 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#45 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

Day 16 - Morning

Did my morning thing at around 11. Gentle Cleanser followed by 3 pumps of Aveeno over face and neck. This morning when I woke up my skin looked happier than it has in a while... VERY little redness and VERY little flaking. Skin is slightly tight-ish still which makes me paranoid about moving my mouth too much lest I flake up big time...

Complaints I have at the moment... maybe not so much about new acne but about redness. I have almost no new acne that wasn't there yesterday morning, but some things have gotten redder. Also this morning, right after waking, my hyperpigmentation was dramatically reduced, but cleansing / applying moisturizer made everything stand out more.

As I type this I'm wondering whether to apply spot treatment on actives (post-moisturizer) or just leave my skin be.

Evening

During the day got maybe two pimples near mouth region, and one on forehead, whether really new or just old ones flaring up, cant really tell. Skin was hydrated and almost completely flake-free all day (some small flakes near mouth on occasion, but tweezers took care of that). Ended up spot-treating over moisturizer sometime after lunch, didn't seem to cause too much irritation, if any.

In the evening, again... Gentle Cleanser immediately followed by BP. Again my skin has a rubbery mask-like feel because of the moisturizer, but I can tell that BP is sinking in after cleansing because my skin gets tighter and drier, a tad redder (but not the lobster red that I was getting only a couple days ago), and i get an ever-so-slight burning sensation that I don't feel during the day.

Also I'm happy to say that my "burnt" patches of skin have all but disappeared. Yay!

Edited by wombat666, 23 July 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#46 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Day 17 - Morning

Face ever so slightly reddish when I woke up, somewhat tight-ish, nothing awful. Couple flakes here and there. No new acne that I can see, just old stuff being annoying, some of it flaring up when I thought it was on its way out :/ ... Cetaphil, Aveeno. A patch of skin just above my upper lip was kinda flaky / peely after moisturizing (it wasn't big flakes either, really tiny ones), and as I tweezed bits off, new flakes appeared nearby... all in all it was a nice Zen experience tweezing little bits of skin from the stache area.

I'm noticing that a LOT of old stuff has gotten more raised / bumpy, even stuff that has been sitting underground for a while... but the upside is there has been little in the way of new acne... I hope this is some kind of purge or something.

I'm really kinda pissed... during the day, some more old stuff, stuff that I thought was on its way out, is growing again. I mean come on. Make up your mind! I guess I should be grateful that I'm not getting brand new acne, but still, this is ticking me off big time.

Evening

Okay so I am REALLY pissed now. Apparently what the Aveeno was doing, was creating a rubbery film on my face rather than sinking in. Hence why my skin felt so nice and smooth: I was just feeling up the Aveeno. I've also been getting clogged pores: well yes, obviously my pores are going to be clogged when I've got a centimeter of rubber over my skin. Also, a pimple on my upper lipline has gotten REALLY red and REALLY painful, which I'm upset about because I really honestly thought all that lipline stuff was just scars at this point.

Hence in the evening I washed my face with black soap to try and get some of that Aveeno off. Skin still felt rubbery though, so obviously the operation was NOT a success. Applied BP after.

God damn, is this frustrating. Every single moisturizer I try fails me in some way or another. Obviously BP works and works well, but I can't just go without moisture or my skin will be a flaky nightmare! I need something... in the name of science, did a patch test with some Trader Joe's Enrich SPF 15 moisturizer, on my upper face... didn't even use that much and immediately felt a warming sensation with a hint of burning... half an hour later, the burning was pretty intense and the spots where I applied were getting lobster red... most of all the areas around my upper cheeks. So I Gentle Cleansed that shit off.

Edited by wombat666, 24 July 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#47 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Day 18 - Morning

Last night BP played a nasty trick on my skin, lol. Basically what it looked like, was every single hyperpigmentation mark from the past couple years was suddenly the same bright red color. So it looked like I had SEVERE acne, especially on my cheeks (whereas in reality, my cheeks are pretty clear by anyone's standards... a couple small-ish pimples on each). So that was fun XD ... I'm not sure why that happened, maybe because I was pissed off and applied a little more BP than usual, or maybe because I'd eliminated the rubbery barrier created by Aveeno, allowing the BP to absorb fully for once... or a combination of both.

Anyway, this morning... kinda red still... Gentle Cleanse, then applied good old Neutrogena and I have to say, felt pretty good about it. Although my skin was still kinda tight-ish afterwards, at least I didn't have a goopy mask on my face. Spot treated with BP afterwards. There wasn't any lasting redness or burning either from the Neutrogena or the BP. Kinda makes me wonder if I can get away with applying a light layer of BP over my moisturizer in the morning without experiencing burning... but, for now I'll keep things the way they are. Maybe later I can test some new approaches.

Evening

Not much changed throughout the day... angry stuff stayed angry, calm stuff stayed calm... with one major exception - a brand new (as far as I can tell) pimple on my lower lipline, left side. I have to say, I am NOT amused. Round-the-mouth acne is bad enough, but a new lipline pimple? Come on. These things are a) sooo noticeable, b) sooo uncomfortable both physically and socially (everyone is bound to think it's herpes) and c) leave hyperpigmentation that takes FOREVER to go away.

I guess the best I can do is hope that it stays relatively small instead of growing to supermassive proportions...

Honestly, NOT happy with my skin right now. At all. Sure, could be worse... was a lot worse two weeks ago... but could be a whole lot f'ing better too. Oh well. Gotta keep waiting I guess. Wonder what caused the recent flareups though. I'm kinda leaning towards the pore-clogging Aveeno fiasco.

One interesting thing I noticed is... well, new BP arrived today... and I used it instead of the old one, which had been sitting in my bathroom for quite a while... the new one was noticeably less runny, and I had a whole lot more left over when I'd finished covering my whole face. So I ended up going over the same areas twice, or maybe even three times.

Face felt pretty tight after BP (tighter than the past couple days) so I ended up moisturizing with Neutrogena. There was some slight clumping and balling up, so maybe I didn't wait long enough between BP and moisturizer or something.

Edited by wombat666, 25 July 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#48 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

Day 19 - Morning

Well... woke up today feeling a little tight-ish... flaking was minimal, except for a whole bunch under my jawline.

Really, the only pimples bothering me right now are the two lipline bastards. Big and red and swollen and UGH. If it weren't for those, I'd honestly say I am pretty happy with what BP has done for my skin thus far. Old acne has decreased in size and redness, and is more or less on its way out. But the two huge ones on my lipline kinda take focus away from that. I mean, I still can't get over the fact that they are right. on. the. lip. I mean come on, is this someone's idea of a cruel joke? Especially since I'm supposed to be spending the day with my girlfriend? Super pissed right now.

For the Regimen, tried cleansing with just water to avoid excessive dryness. Moisturized with 4 pumps Neutro. The irony was, that I ended up flaking around my mouth right after my first meal of the day. Go figure.

Evening

Was fighting flakes throughout the day. Had maybe three or four sessions of standing in front of the mirror, picking off flakes from around my mouth.

My mouth region received EXTREME irritation today from kissing. I've always wondered if heavy kissing exacerbated my mouth acne or maybe even directly caused lipline pimples. In the past there seemed to be little to no correlation, but maybe that was just wishful thinking, plus acne can take time to form. Well I guess now I can find out for sure!

Regimen this evening was Cetaphil Gentle / 2 pumps BP immediately after / Neutrogena after 30 mins or so.

Edited by wombat666, 26 July 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#49 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Day 20 - Morning

Well so far there's been little in the way of new acne, should I even say none. What's bothering me right now are two huge deep cysts (pretty old) on my right jawline, and my mouth region in general. My lips are very red from yesterday, and all the hyperpigmentation / active acne around my mouth is red too, making my entire mouth region look large, red and inflamed. Hope this goes away soon...

This morning was just Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser followed by Neutrogena. Face pretty tight after Neutrogena but oh well.

If I can get through today without getting any new mouth-region pimpletons I'll be a happy camper.

Evening

Well I did it! Pulled through the day without a new mouth region pimple. Hooray for me. Granted, this is probably short-lived, and I'll probably break out in the area again soon, but at least I can feel somewhat relieved for the time being.

Despite no new breakouts, my mouth region is still a nightmare. I have four major pimples (big, red, swollen)... three of them on the lipline. A whole bunch of smaller, slightly raised pimples (old ones on their way out presumably), and on top of that a whole bunch of red hyperpigmentation.

Whilst on this BP-once-a-day regimen, I'm noticing that my days are kind of anxious and my nights are calm. I guess I feel safe at night because BP is protecting me, but I'm paranoid about fresh breakouts during the day. Lol.

Oh, tonight's Regimen was the usual... Cetaphil, BP right after, then 20-30 minutes before moisturizer. Moisturizing after BP (well, I guess moisturizing in general) is officially my least favorite part of the Regimen, lol. Everything looks so peaceful after BP... then enter moisturizer, and AARGH! Shiny face, weird residue and crumbs everywhere!

Edited by wombat666, 27 July 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#50 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

Day 21 - Morning

Well, what do you know. As I was video chatting with my gf last night, I had a moment where I touched my upper lip region for some reason or another, and felt a new bump. Sure enough, a new pimpleton on my upper lipline. Fml. Was super-pissed last night and woke up this morning super-pissed as well. Not just because I was clearing up nicely up until Sunday and then suddenly took a nosedive... but also because this could very well mean that kissing exacerbates lipline acne and even causes it (for me). So my choices are... a) not kiss the woman I love or b) look like I have herpes. Wow, what a wonderful selection. Seriously, **** this disease.

I know I said I would try not to stress too much about breakouts, but honestly, I can't help but stress at this point. I'm supposed to go on a day trip in a week and last weekend I was pretty stoked that I'd be clear enough to enjoy myself. Well apparently not, because now I'm stuck with a sea of large, painful red pimples on my lipline, and who knows how long these'll last. Especially with BP only once a day.

Morning was Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser + Neutrogena. Shaved stache. Had some skin peeling afterwards that I had to deal with. Spot treated with BP afterwards but I don't know how much good that did, since as soon as the BP dried it left a bit of a film that I had to end up peeling off. I guess on a positive note, areas that aren't my lipline / directly around it are doing pretty well... I'm just having trouble seeing the good right now.

Edited by wombat666, 28 July 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#51 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Does your gf always wear lip balm or something? I wonder if that's contributing to your acne? My guess though is that it's probably more the direct 'irritation' from kissing her rather than a lip product - but it's something to consider. Hopefully you figure it out because you're right - neither are great choices!

I know it can be really tough to see the positives but hang in there! You know BP works, it just takes time and patience.  

#52 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Does your gf always wear lip balm or something? I wonder if that's contributing to your acne? My guess though is that it's probably more the direct 'irritation' from kissing her rather than a lip product - but it's something to consider. Hopefully you figure it out because you're right - neither are great choices!

I know it can be really tough to see the positives but hang in there! You know BP works, it just takes time and patience.  

Thanks for reading smile.png ... Well what she tends to do, quite by accident, is scrape her teeth along the outside of my lip. That's my primary suspect.

Although she does also wear lip balm. That could be it as well.

Anyway we agreed to a several week trial run with minimal lip contact to see if my theory is indeed correct... the fall semester starts in a month and a firepit around my mouth isn't the best first impression to make, especially since this is my senior year at university and my classes are all fairly small and tight-knit, almost no large lectures anymore.

Day 21 - Evening

Well the texture of most of my face has been VASTLY improved by BP. My cheeks used to be all bumpy, now they are pretty smooth except for a couple pimpletons here and there, and some small icepick scarring which I honestly don't care about.

My mouth is still bothering me, but the redness receded slightly today, and some of the actives came to heads. I'm one of those weird people that prefers whiteheads to cysts, because whiteheads give me the impression of being on their way out, whereas no head = indefinite stay.

In the evening, Cetaphil, 2 pumps BP, Neutrogena. Nothing fancy. Although I am running out of Neutrogena so I'll have to pick up a new bottle tomorrow.

Acne situation... round-my-mouth has stayed the same... a couple new ones on the rest of my face... and maybe two new cysts on my left jawline. Also the two on my right jaw are still HUGE and annoying. One of them actually deforms my jawline XD

Edited by wombat666, 28 July 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#53 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Thanks for reading smile.png ... Well what she tends to do, quite by accident, is scrape her teeth along the outside of my lip. That's my primary suspect.

Anyway we agreed to a several week trial run with minimal lip contact to see if my theory is indeed correct... the fall semester starts in a month and a firepit around my mouth isn't the best first impression to make, especially since this is my senior year at university and my classes are all fairly small and tight-knit, almost no large lectures anymore.

Day 21 - Evening

Well the texture of most of my face has been VASTLY improved by BP. My cheeks used to be all bumpy, now they are pretty smooth except for a couple pimpletons here and there, and some small icepick scarring which I honestly don't care about.

My mouth is still bothering me, but the redness receded slightly today, and some of the actives came to heads. I'm one of those weird people that prefers whiteheads to cysts, because whiteheads give me the impression of being on their way out, whereas no head = indefinite stay.

In the evening, Cetaphil, 2 pumps BP, Neutrogena. Nothing fancy. Although I am running out of Neutrogena so I'll have to pick up a new bottle tomorrow.

Acne situation... round-my-mouth has stayed the same... a couple new ones on the rest of my face... and maybe two new cysts on my left jawline. Also the two on my right jaw are still HUGE and annoying. One of them actually deforms my jawline XD

That's great she seems understanding of your acne situation.

I know what you mean about uni - I'm in my last semester and my degree has always been a pretty small group of people (in comparison to other degrees). Not many large lectures at all really.  Hopefully your skin does calm down by the time your back at uni.

#54 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Day 21 - Evening

That's great she seems understanding of your acne situation.

I know what you mean about uni - I'm in my last semester and my degree has always been a pretty small group of people (in comparison to other degrees). Not many large lectures at all really.  Hopefully your skin does calm down by the time your back at uni.

I really do hope so... she IS very understanding, and somehow she's always seen right through my acne, even when it was REALLY bad...

Day 22

Morning

Woke up today hoping to see positive changes... well I was disappointed when I saw ANOTHER new one on my lower lipline, off to the side. Right now just a slightly raised, really red mark, but I can imagine it getting big and bad quite soon. As soon as I saw it, my confidence and motivation went straight down the drain. Just like that. I know it sounds pathetic, but that's how much these lipline breakouts get to me. I just can't operate knowing that my lips are covered in huge red welts. If it was just me alone in the world, heck, I wouldn't mind... I'd still put BP on and wait for them to heal, and it's still try and find the cause... but having to face people with these is a whole different ball game.

Regimen today was Cetaphil Cleanser, and then a bunch of BP on actives. It's different from what I've been doing, but I feel slightly safer knowing that there is some BP on my face during the day, so that maybe I can minimize the damage from this new breakout at least somewhat... sad.png

Evening

ANOTHER new lipline pimple, lower lip. I feel like the more I get now the less I care, because I already look horrible. Also, that cyst on my right jaw is HUGE to put it mildly. I don't think I've ever had one that big. Regimen tonight was Cetaphil + BP.

Edited by wombat666, 29 July 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#55 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Day 23 - Morning

Well the mouth region doesn't look sooo bad I guess... the BP is doing a good job at keeping things from getting too out of hand. I've definitely had worse. I have maybe three or four cyst-like pimples on my cheeks, one which seemed to come up last night, the others from a couple days ago... but so far BP has been keeping them pretty flat. Jawline is kinda flaky, I'm thinking because of my facial hair & dead skin getting caught in it and whatnot. Still got the couple big cysts on the jawline to worry about.

Regimen was Cetaphil + BP again (spot-treat only though). I'm doing twice a day for now, to see if I can minimize the damage caused by the recent breakout before my trip on Saturday. Then, I'll probably take a day off BP to let my skin recover some moisture. If things still look really bad I'll try and apply some concealer or something. But I really don't want to miss the trip, it's been in the books since May :/

Evening

Had a fun day out today. Saw "The Conjuring" which was an AMAZING horror movie by anyone's standards. Flakes weren't a major issue. In the evening, cleanser + 2 pumps BP. Dryness was minimal after. No new acne that I can see. Good night! :D

Edited by wombat666, 30 July 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#56 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

Day 24 - Morning

Woke up feeling kinda liiittle tight, sides of face (that I slept on) had some minor flakeage. Acne situation is okay, no new spots that I can see. Old stuff is either better or the same, hasn't gotten any worse. I shaved last night so maybe not having facial hair is contributing to the overall "cleaner" impression. Although now the cysts on my jawline are more apparent :/ Regimen was Gentle Cleanser and then a bit of BP on actives.

#57 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Okay, so today I was inspired to post some progress pics... it's really easy to get caught up in the little stuff, as I've been doing, but once I took a step back and realized how bad my acne was not that long ago, and how much better it's gotten... well, I really can't complain! It's been a bumpy ride thus far, lots of mistakes and mishaps, but totally worth it. I really look forward to what BP can do over the span of a couple months.

gallery_135507_13084_33275.jpg

#58 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Day 24 - Evening

Whoa, I think I went the whole day without a new pimple! At least, not a noticeable one. Things look more or less the same.

Today there was dryness / tightness during the day, although not too much flaking. I dabbed moisturizer on parts of my face in the afternoon to relieve some of the tightness. Also apparently I misplaced my precious tweezers (which I use for flakes) when I was out last night, so had to buy a new pair today.

In the evening, face got kinda red after cleansing, but maybe that's just because I used pretty hot water. 2 pumps BP.

Big day tomorrow! Moving! Gonna be back and forth pretty much all day.

#59 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

Looks like you're really making some great progress - That's awesome smile.png

Good luck with the move too!

Edit: Also I know you tried a lot of different moisturisers.... what was the Aveeno one you tried? I bought their Ultra Calming Daily Moisturiser (with SPF and it's supposed to be good for redness). Did you try that one / what did you think of it?

I'll try it out myself anyway, just wanted to check what other people thought of it too. 

Edited by Lilly75, 01 August 2013 - 02:29 AM.

#60 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

Looks like you're really making some great progress - That's awesome smile.png

Good luck with the move too!

Edit: Also I know you tried a lot of different moisturisers.... what was the Aveeno one you tried? I bought their Ultra Calming Daily Moisturiser (with SPF and it's supposed to be good for redness). Did you try that one / what did you think of it?

I'll try it out myself anyway, just wanted to check what other people thought of it too. 

The one I tried was Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. I also used Aveeno Clear Complexion (the one with SA) before, when I wasn't on the Reg. I wouldn't recommend the Moisturizing Lotion for the face, as it tends to leave a thick film that doesn't allow BP to absorb properly (unless you scrub it all off beforehand, which is quite irritating when cleansing is supposed to be a gentle affair) and is obviously pore-clogging.

However, if you're using a Moisturizer designed for the face, I'd say go for it!

Day 25 - Morning

Rainy day today... of course the first big rain shower we get in a while has to happen on moving day smile.png

No new pimples that I can see, just some flakiness and dryness. Flakiness between my eyebrows too which is kind of a first.

Regimen was cleanser, then some Neutrogena. Face was pretty red / blotchy after cleansing so I decided I'd go for as little irritation as possible. In the next couple days, I want to find a good balance between keeping pimples away and avoiding unnecessary redness / dryness, since when I go on my trip on Saturday I want my mind to be as far from my complexion as possible.

Edited by wombat666, 01 August 2013 - 06:40 AM.