Photo

Back On The Regimen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#21 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Day 6

Morning - Skin tight / dry again this morning. After cleansing - SUPER tight! SUPER dry! Moisturizer helps control it a little bit but still feel tightness, especially around my mouth. Shaved before applying reg btw. An upside is, the moisturizer didn't burn AS much today as it did yesterday (I forgot to mention that part...).

Evening - Face felt pretty tight throughout the day. I'd also get some flakes around my mouth after eating. I managed to pick most of them off with tweezers. Although, these weren't the flakes that I used to get on the Regimen... these felt a lot more attached to my face, as if my skin was peeling a bit. Also been getting some cysts under / around my left jawline. Haven't really been scrutinizing that area so idk how much is old and how much is new. Considering I just started the reg, breakouts are not anything to worry about. Just gonna keep on trucking.

Applied the full reg again in the evening. I'm interested to see how long the adjustment phase will be for me, and how much drier / redder my skin is going to get before it finally starts becoming accustomed to the BP.

Some notes about my application of the products - I guess my touch is a bit harder than Dan suggests... not exactly feather-light. I take longer with the cleanser. I also take longer to move the BP around and make sure I get adequate coverage on all acne-prone areas... same with the moisturizer... I move it around and make sure it penetrates. I don't do any pressing or rubbing though. Gentle yet firm. Also I wait 15-20 minutes in-between steps. Right now my skin is driest right after cleansing... it feels like there is literally no moisture on my face whatsoever. After BP, things are a little better, but still dry as heck.

Edited by wombat666, 13 July 2013 - 07:03 PM.

On Accutane as of September 13, 2013

My log

Month 1 - 20mg (finished)

Month 2 - 40mg (finished)

Month 3 - 60mg (finished)

Month 4 - 60mg (finished)

Month 5 - 70mg (finished)

Month 6 - 80mg (finished)

Month 7 - 80mg (finished)

Month 8 - 40mg (finished)

Month 9 - 20mg

#22 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

I hate the feeling of my skin after cleansing too! It's uncomfortably dry. I noticed that the last few days, especially in the morning, I'm cleansing for longer than 10 seconds too. I think that's probably making the dryness worse, so I'm going back to keeping it at 10 seconds or less. Hard for me in the morning though because I'm still half asleep and not really focusing on what I'm doing :P

I think the jojoba will definitely help if you decide to add it in. I think it works well for majority of people (I haven't heard of many people reacting poorly to it though there would be a few like with anything).

How much BP are you using at the moment?

Luckily my skin seems to be adjusted to the amount I'm using morning and night (as far as redness/burning goes), but I'm preparing mentally to go through it all again next week when I increase the amount again.

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#23 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

I hate the feeling of my skin after cleansing too! It's uncomfortably dry. I noticed that the last few days, especially in the morning, I'm cleansing for longer than 10 seconds too. I think that's probably making the dryness worse, so I'm going back to keeping it at 10 seconds or less. Hard for me in the morning though because I'm still half asleep and not really focusing on what I'm doing tongue.png

I think the jojoba will definitely help if you decide to add it in. I think it works well for majority of people (I haven't heard of many people reacting poorly to it though there would be a few like with anything).

Luckily my skin seems to be adjusted to the amount I'm using morning and night (as far as redness/burning goes), but I'm preparing mentally to go through it all again next week when I increase the amount again.

I'm using the full two pumps... redness and burning isn't severe for me right now, and for some reason my face never itches as some people report. The only really problematic side effect I'm experiencing right now is MAJOR dryness. Like, this morning I woke up... the area around my mouth felt SO tight. I could already see a bunch of flakes even though I hadn't moved my mouth much when I slept. So anyway, I tried opening / closing my mouth, and SOO many flakes appeared!

I don't think my Neutrogena moisturizer is doing enough, at least not at night... I wake up and feel like there's absolutely no moisture. In fact, even right after applying 8 PUMPS of it last night, my skin still felt tight. I feel like I need another factor... maybe a heavier moisturizer at night? I have a lot of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion sitting around, but I've also heard good things about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion... I feel like I might go and pick some up today...

I also have some of Dan's old jojoba oil sitting around, but I'm not going to use that, as it's probably like three years old by now. In fact I should probably toss it out for the love of all that is holy. I guess I'll try and find some fresh oil at my local pharmacy while I'm out looking for lotion, hopefully they have the Desert Essence...

The thing I'm worried about is reacting to products I guess...  but at the same time, everyone's skin is different, so I can either sit here and worry about it, or I can go out and actually try them. Who knows, they might end up saving my skin from complete erosion! XD

The one thing I don't want to do is back out and start using less BP. I really, REALLY like what BP has done for my skin so far. I just want to press on and let my skin get used to this amount, because if I start using less, I'll just have to go through this phase again eventually.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#24 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Day 7

Super-tight, super-flaky around mouth this morning. After doing the regimen (2 pumps) with 8 PUMPS Neutrogena moisturizer, the mouth region looked a little better. However, I knew it was all fake :) After lunch, I checked the mirror, and of course, my mouth was surrounded by flakes again. Had to spend ages picking em off with tweezers... wasn't able to get all of them anyway, after a point I was just like "screw it".

In terms of acne, no real problems... one to the lower-left of my mouth is looking redder / angrier for some reason. But, I'm just taking it all in stride.

Going to the pharmacy to try and hunt down some jojoba as well as CeraVe Lotion. We'll see how that one works. If not, I'll probably just go back to using Cetaphil as a night moisturizer. Despite the burning it gave me, and how greasy it looked, it DID do the job, I'll give it that.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#25 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

I hate the feeling of my skin after cleansing too! It's uncomfortably dry. I noticed that the last few days, especially in the morning, I'm cleansing for longer than 10 seconds too. I think that's probably making the dryness worse, so I'm going back to keeping it at 10 seconds or less. Hard for me in the morning though because I'm still half asleep and not really focusing on what I'm doing tongue.png

I'm using the full two pumps... redness and burning isn't severe for me right now, and for some reason my face never itches as some people report. The only really problematic side effect I'm experiencing right now is MAJOR dryness. Like, this morning I woke up... the area around my mouth felt SO tight. I could already see a bunch of flakes even though I hadn't moved my mouth much when I slept. So anyway, I tried opening / closing my mouth, and SOO many flakes appeared!

I don't think my Neutrogena moisturizer is doing enough, at least not at night... I wake up and feel like there's absolutely no moisture. In fact, even right after applying 8 PUMPS of it last night, my skin still felt tight. I feel like I need another factor... maybe a heavier moisturizer at night? I have a lot of Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion sitting around, but I've also heard good things about CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion... I feel like I might go and pick some up today...

I also have some of Dan's old jojoba oil sitting around, but I'm not going to use that, as it's probably like three years old by now. In fact I should probably toss it out for the love of all that is holy. I guess I'll try and find some fresh oil at my local pharmacy while I'm out looking for lotion, hopefully they have the Desert Essence...

The thing I'm worried about is reacting to products I guess...  but at the same time, everyone's skin is different, so I can either sit here and worry about it, or I can go out and actually try them. Who knows, they might end up saving my skin from complete erosion! XD

The one thing I don't want to do is back out and start using less BP. I really, REALLY like what BP has done for my skin so far. I just want to press on and let my skin get used to this amount, because if I start using less, I'll just have to go through this phase again eventually.

If you're worried about adding in jojoba / how your skin will react to it then trying out some heavier moisturisers first to see if they help is a good idea (like Cetaphil which is good at night and the burning I was getting from it has stopped - I've heard good things about CeraVe too but I've never used so can't give an opinion on that). I tried a Neutrogena moisturiser in the morning a few days ago and I felt like I had to use a lot of it to make my skin feel more normal - but I think it's still a good moisturiser for the day time - doesn't make my skin look so greasy like cetaphil can.

I know what you mean about having such dry skin around the mouth though - that's been the worst area for my dryness too. I've been afraid to eat in public in case that makes a million flakes appear... :P

#26 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

If you're worried about adding in jojoba / how your skin will react to it then trying out some heavier moisturisers first to see if they help is a good idea (like Cetaphil which is good at night and the burning I was getting from it has stopped - I've heard good things about CeraVe too but I've never used so can't give an opinion on that). I tried a Neutrogena moisturiser in the morning a few days ago and I felt like I had to use a lot of it to make my skin feel more normal - but I think it's still a good moisturiser for the day time - doesn't make my skin look so greasy like cetaphil can.

I know what you mean about having such dry skin around the mouth though - that's been the worst area for my dryness too. I've been afraid to eat in public in case that makes a million flakes appear... tongue.png

Well I've used Dan's jojoba before and it seemed to work fine... I even scrubbed my face with it and it didn't make matters worse... but I'm not sure about this stuff I got from Trader Joe's. I guess the only way to find out is to test it...

Tonight I think I'm just going to give CeraVe a test run, see how things go.

Day 7 - Evening...

Today during the day I was paranoid about lipline pimples the whole time, but I'm preeeetty sure it's just old stuff getting redder because of the BP.

The regimen is doing a good job of keeping pimples from being as aggressive as they would normally be, except for one in the middle of my stache which has swelled up since I started the reg. The really good thing is, I haven't gotten any painful ones around my mouth! I feel... no pain! Which is awesome considering it hurt to open my mouth at one point XD ... Thanks BP! Also I've been eating lots of sweeties but it hasn't reflected at ALL on my skin thus far. Who knows, maybe I'll pay for it in the near future? lol.

My main problem is still flakiness / dryness. Doing the regimen with CeraVe tonight. If it's not moisturizing enough after a couple days, then I'll switch to Cetaphil at night. That's like, the most moisturizing one I know! If that doesn't do the job, then in I go with the jojoba.

EDIT: Well right after applying CeraVe (4 pumps)... initial impressions... I am feeling more of an overall burn than I did with the Neutrogena, just BP reacting to glycerin I guess, can't really be avoided... however, my round-the-mouth region doesn't really feel as tight as it did with Neutrogena. Anyway, only time will tell... night all!

Edited by wombat666, 14 July 2013 - 10:30 PM.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#27 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

Day 8

Morning - Woke up with flakes around my mouth again, although I guess my face felt SLIGHTLY more moisturized than it did with Neutrogena. Shaved my stache and undermouth beardlet today... found a new lump in the beardlet... upon closer examination, looks like three smaller ones clustered together... blargh. Face felt super tight after cleansing, burned somewhat after BP application. Also my complexion has gotten noticeably more red: before it kinda came and went. I guess the fun part of the Regimen is just around the corner... put on the CeraVe to test its capabilities as a day moisturizer.

Oh.. just gotta say... this CeraVe moisturizer really does burn the hell out of my face! After application, face turned beet red and I had white circles around my eyes... lol. Oh how I've missed those white circles! (not srs)

Evening - Went for a run around nine. I used to run a whole bunch but ever since I started the reg I've been kinda iffy about it. Last time I ran was Wednesday of last week... anyway. Parts of my face burned a bit more as I sweated. When I got back and checked the mirror, there was some white residue running down my cheeks - I assume unabsorbed moisturizer. Yuck. Baby loves to run in the dark!

I tried something different... waited only 2 minutes after cleansing to apply BP... basically as soon as I started to get that "tight" feeling, went in with BP. The treatment burned much as the moisturizer did in the morning, but this time the burn was more transient and went away after about ten minutes. I assume because I didn't really have the CeraVe on my face anymore.

Applied 8 pumps Neutrogena with 5 drops jojoba mixed in... afterwards still felt tightness around the mouth and my face looked kinda shiny... not to mention red and pissed off... but at least the moisturizer didn't burn like the CeraVe did. Ah well... back to square one I guess. Spent some time worrying about some hyperpigmentation on my lower lipline, couldn't tell if it was new acne coming in or just some old PIH being a nuisance. In the end, didn't come to any conclusions. I know I said I wouldn't overexamine my face, but no matter how small, lipline pimples are the WORST!

Edited by wombat666, 05 September 2013 - 05:47 AM.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#28 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

Day 9

Morning - My skin was sooooo tight, dry and flaky when I woke up! Flakes literally everywhere I applied the regimen, including my upper neck. It's like the Neutrogena / 5 drops jojoba last night did absolutely nothing :/ Grrrrr... why is it that moisturizers that don't burn end up not moisturizing, and moisturizers that moisturize end up burning?

Regimen this morning... almost no burn after BP. One thing I've noticed is that BP has been shortening pimple lifespan, and also preventing them from going as crazy as they normally would. For example, that bump under my mouth that I noticed yesterday is already flattening out. Used 8 pumps of the useless Neutrogena, no jojoba.

This application marks a week's worth of consistent 2-pump usage... I'd say I've done pretty well in terms of acne, but took a nosedive in terms of dryness, flakiness and irritation. Not too worried though, that's usually how BP works biggrin.png But I do need to get some serious moisture on my skin ASAP!

Today, picked up some new moisturizers... Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, Eucerin Skin Calming Daily Moisturizing Creme, and Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion. Around midday, tried applying the Aveeno over my earlier Neutrogena moisturizing attempt. Observations... I did feel a little more moisture. However, the Aveeno seemed to ball up pretty bad whenever I passed over areas where I'd applied BP / already moisturized. I tried it on other parts of my body (arm and lower neck) and it didn't ball up. I'm not sure if this is a result of BP, or the previous moisturizer, or what. I'll try Aveeno again with my evening application to make sure.

Also, I did feel a slight burning sensation with Aveeno, especially on irritated areas. Not nearly as extreme as with CeraVe, much more subdued, but definitely still there. We'll see how things go in the evening.

Edited by wombat666, 16 July 2013 - 11:31 AM.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#29 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

Maybe you should be using even more jojoba oil? Especially since you're using more BP. I think I heard somewhere Dan uses around 12 drops of jojoba oil? I think it's ok to use as much as you feel you need when it comes to moisturiser and controlling flakes.

#30 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

Maybe you should be using even more jojoba oil? Especially since you're using more BP. I think I heard somewhere Dan uses around 12 drops of jojoba oil? I think it's ok to use as much as you feel you need when it comes to moisturiser and controlling flakes.

Whoa really? I remember reading somewhere that over 6 is overkill... I might try more then...

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#31 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Whoa really? I remember reading somewhere that over 6 is overkill... I might try more then...

Oh really? Now I don't know what to think about it...

I think I heard that Dan uses a lot in one of the old acne.org youtube videos - I'll see if I can find it.

Found it: 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UvB3JBnPjzM

But I think it's up to you / how your skin is feeling when it comes to deciding how much to use.

Edited by Lilly75, 16 July 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#32 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Day 9 - Evening

Soo... same old... cleansed, tightness... waited the full 15 minutes again before applying BP instead of the 2 minutes I waited for the past two applications... not gonna go into the state of individual pimples, who wants to hear that... applied four pumps of Aveeno, held off on the jojoba for now. I think I had a bad reaction to Aveeno's Clear Complexion moisturizer (although I can't be sure... when I was using that moisturizer was when I ended up getting a slew of lipline pimples, but that also could have been from concealer, or from Oxy 10% BP wash... who knows)... so I'm really hoping this doesn't break me out. Fingers crossed!

Reactions to Aveeno... it went on nicely and barely balled up as it did when I tried it this morning. There was some balling though, on my neck. Has much less of an oily finish than Neutrogena, skin looks more matte. In terms of moisturizing potential... meh. Skin is not nearly as tight as it was after Neutrogena, but the Aveeno still leaves something to be desired, especially around the mouth region.

There wasn't any burning initially, and I was hoping it would stay that way, but gradually the burning got a little worse. It never reached CeraVe proportions, but it was definitely noticeable.

All in all, since the burning from this is tolerable, I'll give it maybe a week before I make a final decision. Maybe I'll add in jojoba to for increased moisture.

Also today my girlfriend dropped off some Clinique Moisture Surge Intense moisturizer, but I'm scared to even try it lol. Smells insane, long list of ingredients, comes in a tiny little tin... what if I really like it? How am I supposed to afford something like that? XD

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#33 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

Day 10

Morning - Woke up feeling a little itchier than normal. Also the upper part of my neck (where I use the regimen) has gotten significantly redder than the upper part. Some flakiness on the sides of my face, especially around my eyes, as well as on my neck, but overall not as flaky as after using Neutrogena.

Gotta say that last night I was feeling a strange muted burning sensation, probably from the Aveeno, around my temples and upper cheeks... the areas that were most strongly affected by the CeraVe burn. It was kinda uncomfortable but it stopped eventually. I'm guessing because the Aveeno rubbed off on to my pillow XD

Full regimen this morning, waited 15-20 minutes between steps. Found maybe 3 or 4 new pimples. Small ones though, for the most part.

Also, gave Eucerin a test run for the heck of it... and oh BOY is that stuff terrible. Didn't absorb at all, sat on my skin in white clumps. Made my skin look oily as heck. Burned as well. Soon after putting it on I went and rinsed it off in the shower, and applied Aveeno afterwards. Night and day difference. Still, the Aveeno leaves something to be desired in the way of moisture. I really hope the BP didn't wash off when I rinsed my face in the shower, but I figure since it had been 30 minutes+ since BP application, most of it should have absorbed by then?

During the day, one pimple that was small in the morning became really big, red and pissed off. Grrr...

Evening - Was a little more gentle with cleanser this time, and used 2 pumps instead of 1... still took well over 10 seconds to wash... face was slightly less tight by the end. 15 minutes, then BP... 25-30 minutes... then went against my better judgement and tried Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. It was super-greasy, even more so because I just overloaded my face with it. Also it did burn somewhat, but I guess it wasn't the AAARRRGGGHHH kind of burn I got after putting on CeraVe. I think it could be because cetearyl alcohol, which is present in both Cetaphil and CeraVe Lotions, in conveniently absent from the Cetaphil cream. Also, the burn wasn't really all-over, just on the irritated area around my eyes. This gives me hope that maybe it'll disappear eventually.

Despite breaking out today, I finished the day feeling upbeat and optimistic for some reason.

Edited by wombat666, 17 July 2013 - 08:23 PM.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#34 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

glad to hear you're feeling optimistic! That mindset definitely makes things go much smoother. Haha btw my girlfriend is always turning me onto new moisturizers too, some seem like they'd be awesome but they're expensive as hell...I dunno how girls afford some of these crazy expensive products :P 

Daily Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP 
-Jojoba oil as moisturizer

Nightly Regimen:
-Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser
-Dan's 2.5% BP
-Cetaphil moisturizer + a few drops of Jojoba oil 

My Regimen Log: http://www.acne.org/...gs-regimen-log/

#35 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:03 AM

Day 11

Morning - Last night I got tired of Cetaphil's persistent burning (which was worse than I initially thought and never went away) and washed it off to give my skin a break. Never applied a second moisturizer after, so woke up pretty flaky. Still on the hunt for moisture. Also I'm a little paranoid now because the fresh breakout around my mouth came right in the wake of trying a whole bunch of new products (Trader Joe's jojoba, CeraVe, Aveeno) so I can't really tell if any of them are correlated. Shoulda just changed one factor at a time :/

This morning - cleanse, ~15 mins, BP, ~20 mins, 8+ pumps Neutrogena. Skin looks sooo nasty after I apply moisturizer, as all the flaky regions also become white and goopy. Skin still feels kinda tight after moisture, but that's Neutrogena for ya.

I'm considering maybe trying the jojoba scrub method tonight... as this layer of flakes is getting annoying and could potentially be interfering with BP absorption. I feel kinda stuck in terms of the moisturizer situation... it's like, everything that keeps other people nice and moisturized either burns my skin, or is comodogenic. Aveeno feels nice but contains isopropyl palmitate, all the others I've tried have singed my skin, and Neutrogena just can't keep up with the dryness BP causes.

After eating my entire mouth is surrounded by a sea of flakes. My neck is also covered. Normally I'd stand in front of the mirror and pick each one off individually, but at this point there's just too many flakes to do anything about it :/ Applied jojoba and that seemed to suppress the flakes a bit, but really all I can do at this point is wait till the evening application.

Evening - Tried jojoba scrub. Basically took a whole bunch of oil, like 25 drops, and just massaged it (sometimes not-so-gently) all over my face for a while. It definitely loosened up some flakes that I cleansed off in the shower. However, it wasn't a miracle by any stretch of the imagination. Skin still felt tight after cleansing, and I still had flakes galore. I'm not sure this is something I want to do on a regular basis as long as I still have active acne. Waited 5 minutes, applied BP, then 15 minutes and applied 10 pumps Neutrogena with 12 drops jojoba mixed in. For some reason my face ended up burning even though this moisturizer doesn't normally burn... grr

Edited by wombat666, 18 July 2013 - 06:47 PM.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#36 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Okay, I realize now that the patch of irritated skin around my eyes (extending from temples down to my upper cheeks) could be more serious than just run-of-the mill redness, and is actually a mild burn. Probably from using too much BP and then topping it off with a moisturizer with high alcohol content.

So what I'm going to do is, ease off on the BP for now, probably keep it to a nightly application, and in the morning just use a gentle cleanser / moisturize. Sure, BP has done good things for me in the past week, but I really don't want to kill my skin... it's the only one I've got! I'm also going to refrain from experimenting with products too much, and just use what I've been using thus far.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#37 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

Day 12

When I showered this morning, I let warm water run over my face. Shortly after showering, my skin was SOOO tight and dry! I couldn't even open my mouth as wide as I would have liked because of the tightness!

Anyway, about an hour later I cleansed with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, as gently as I could, and then applied Cetaphil Lotion. Yes, Cetaphil Lotion. It didn't burn at all... I guess the burning sensation only comes with applying it over BP...

Skin is still looking blotchy and angry but redness is down somewhat. Probably because I didn't scrub it raw with Dan's Cleanser and didn't top it off with a boatload of BP followed by fiery moisturizer. XD

In the evening, shaved, cleansed with Cetaphil Gentle, 2 pumps BP on FACE ONLY (no neck / ear / whatnot). Moisturized with Cetaphil Lotion, surprisingly didn't burn too bad.

Things that worry me:

> Got a new cyst on my right forehead. Haven't had cysts there for a whiiiile... I wonder what caused it? But, it's too early in the Regimen to tell, and I've changed too many factors recently.

> There is a patch of red skin above my left eye, below the eyebrow. I've been putting BP there even though that area is generally acne-free... maybe I should stop. I'm also thinking it could be dermatitis, as I experience that on and off... jojoba oil seems to be a trigger for that, from what I've heard... tomorrow I'll put cortisone on the patch after cleansing just in case.

Night all!

Edited by wombat666, 19 July 2013 - 08:35 PM.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#38 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

Day 13

Overnight, Cetaphil felt kinda warm on my skin... especially on my burned areas... I guess that's the best way to describe it. But it wasn't a burning sensation so that's good. Woke up with a slightly redder face than I'd like (maybe that's the result of using 2 pumps on my face for the first time... before I applied to ears and neck as well), but surprisingly it wasn't flake city, just flake town I guess. All credit goes to Cetaphil (cleanser + lotion). My skin also doesn't feel tight at ALL... I can talk as much as I want and eat a normal breakfast! biggrin.png

Morning regimen was... Cetaphil gentle cleanser in shower... then applied 3 pumps CeraVe right after patting my face dry. CeraVe didn't burn at ALL, although it did make my face a little flushed...maybe... but then again, I already had a red face when I woke up. It's definitely lighter than Cetaphil and better for daytime use... and my skin doesn't really feel too tight... maybe like 20-30% tighter than it would without the Regimen. Also it doesn't really glue down flakes the way Cetaphil does, but I feel like that's because it actually absorbs instead of sticking around on the skin. Also, I think most of the flakes on my face right now are residual.

In terms of breakouts... a couple new tiny ones right under my lower lip. And stuff to the upper-right of my top lip. Not too problematic at this point. Also some random ones near my sideburns and one near my hairline at the top. Not really sure why. Oh, I also decided to spot treat with Dan's BP, but OVER the moisturizer... I'm guessing it won't really do much, but I just feel safer having some sort of BP on my face... XD

Edited by wombat666, 20 July 2013 - 11:05 AM.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg

#39 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Day 13

Overnight, Cetaphil felt kinda warm on my skin... especially on my burned areas... I guess that's the best way to describe it. But it wasn't a burning sensation so that's good. Woke up with a slightly redder face than I'd like (maybe that's the result of using 2 pumps on my face for the first time... before I applied to ears and neck as well), but surprisingly it wasn't flake city, just flake town I guess. All credit goes to Cetaphil (cleanser + lotion). My skin also doesn't feel tight at ALL... I can talk as much as I want and eat a normal breakfast! :D

Morning regimen was... Cetaphil gentle cleanser in shower... then applied 3 pumps CeraVe right after patting my face dry. CeraVe didn't burn at ALL, although it did make my face a little flushed...maybe... but then again, I already had a red face when I woke up. It's definitely lighter than Cetaphil and better for daytime use... and my skin doesn't really feel too tight... maybe like 20-30% tighter than it would without the Regimen. Also it doesn't really glue down flakes the way Cetaphil does, but I feel like that's because it actually absorbs instead of sticking around on the skin. Also, I think most of the flakes on my face right now are residual.

In terms of breakouts... a couple new tiny ones right under my lower lip. And stuff to the upper-right of my top lip. Not too problematic at this point. Also some random ones near my sideburns and one near my hairline at the top. Not really sure why. Oh, I also decided to spot treat with Dan's BP, but OVER the moisturizer... I'm guessing it won't really do much, but I just feel safer having some sort of BP on my face... XD

Speaking about the breakouts, do you get whiteheads? What do you do to the whiteheads?

I am currently taking 2 x 250mg oxytetracycline tablets twice per day and at night apply Duac Once Daily Gel. Both of these have been prescribed by my doctor.

#40 wombat666

wombat666

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Day 13

Overnight, Cetaphil felt kinda warm on my skin... especially on my burned areas... I guess that's the best way to describe it. But it wasn't a burning sensation so that's good. Woke up with a slightly redder face than I'd like (maybe that's the result of using 2 pumps on my face for the first time... before I applied to ears and neck as well), but surprisingly it wasn't flake city, just flake town I guess. All credit goes to Cetaphil (cleanser + lotion). My skin also doesn't feel tight at ALL... I can talk as much as I want and eat a normal breakfast! biggrin.png

Speaking about the breakouts, do you get whiteheads? What do you do to the whiteheads?

I get the full range of acne unfortunately... ranging from the tiny whiteheads that dry up and fall off overnight, to deep huge cysts that pull back into the skin instead of surfacing.

A lot of the acne I get around my mouth becomes a whitehead or some point or another (although to be honest I don't know if they would be classified as "whiteheads" or "pustules", or if there is even a difference between the two). Oftentimes they are painful / sensitive to the touch.

I usually find it best to just leave them alone. I know it's not pretty walking around with whiteheads, but I find that a lot of the time when I pop they just become a bloody mess, and the resulting scab is even worse.

My log

Month 9 - 20mg