1 reply to this topic

#1 riegn

riegn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi Guys,

So Ive had acne for a number of years. It was cystic and I was put on roaccutane in my teens which elevated it although I developed acne on my cheeks thereafter. Anyway, I have about half a dozen pitted scars concentrated on the upper part of my left cheek. I have ordered some 70% glycolic peel from amazon and would like some advice/tips on application. Will it work to reduce the red marks/pitted scars ? The actual scars are 5mm (max) wide and around 2mm (max) deep.

#2 asburypark101

asburypark101

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi Guys,

So Ive had acne for a number of years. It was cystic and I was put on roaccutane in my teens which elevated it although I developed acne on my cheeks thereafter. Anyway, I have about half a dozen pitted scars concentrated on the upper part of my left cheek. I have ordered some 70% glycolic peel from amazon and would like some advice/tips on application. Will it work to reduce the red marks/pitted scars ? The actual scars are 5mm (max) wide and around 2mm (max) deep.

I have never had a chemical peel before, but I am considering it because of some significant post inflammatory hyperpigmentation after a vbeam laser treatment. So I have been researching it and it seems like people who do it at home have varying success and sometimes the side effects lead to bad scarring, so I would recommend going to a dermatologist's office to get it done, especially with such a high concentration. I know it is probably more expensive, but we only have one face. But to answer your question, I dont think the peel will technically do anything for your scars, but it will make your whole face looks smoother and will minimize the look of the scars. 

Edited by asburypark101, 28 June 2013 - 10:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users