Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Those Who Use Led Lights - What Kind Of Protective Eyewear Do You Use?

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I really need your advice on this!

I have recently purchased the Ledman LED lights (red and infrared) and although they have worked great I have found out I just can´t use them without some eye protection. On my cheeks it´s fine but when I get to my forehead it just shines so bright into my eyes that it literally hurts (I have my eyes closed, of course:). Plus it is recommended to use eyewear cause the light (especially the infrared) can actually really hurt your eyes...

I have tried eyewear for tanning beds but that stuff has no effect whatsoever (to my opinion it doesn´t work even for the tanning bed:)

I have found several types of laser protective eyewear online but they are all almost the same price as the LED lights themselves which seems a little over the top to me.

Any suggestion would be a big help!!!

Thank you!

Hey guys,

I really need your advice on this!

I have recently purchased the Ledman LED lights (red and infrared) and although they have worked great I have found out I just can´t use them without some eye protection. On my cheeks it´s fine but when I get to my forehead it just shines so bright into my eyes that it literally hurts (I have my eyes closed, of course:). Plus it is recommended to use eyewear cause the light (especially the infrared) can actually really hurt your eyes...

I have tried eyewear for tanning beds but that stuff has no effect whatsoever (to my opinion it doesn´t work even for the tanning bed:)

I have found several types of laser protective eyewear online but they are all almost the same price as the LED lights themselves which seems a little over the top to me.

Any suggestion would be a big help!!!

Thank you!

Thank you no_hope!

As I said in the post above, I have tried the tanning goggles but that doesn´t work for me, the light just gets through it...

The tinfoil I have tried as well, I am just not sure if it´s enough protection against the infrared waves... Anyway, thank you for your suggestion!

I am sorry for your bad experience with the LEDs. But hey, from a positive side, if the hair growth is from the LEDs at least it´s a proof that they work to some extent! And I am sure this would be good news for people who are looking for something supporting their hair growth! :)

I am just thinking that it doesn´t necessarily have to be from the LEDs. We all get more facial hair as we age, that is a normal process.. It can merely be an effect of that.. Or it can be hormonal... And if it´s caused by the LEDs it actually indicates that the skin on your scar is healthier and closer to normal if it has hair follicles... All in all I would not see it as anything depressing. Hair is our friend! :) Just use a tweezer to get rid of it every now and then and you are fine! We all do anyway (otherwise half of us brunettes would have a mustache like an old pirate :D )

Good luck with everything!

I'm really interested in LED lights too...I have not tried it, but I might consider it...is it recommended for red skin? And does it truly help?

Cheers :)

Thank you no_hope!

As I said in the post above, I have tried the tanning goggles but that doesn´t work for me, the light just gets through it...

The tinfoil I have tried as well, I am just not sure if it´s enough protection against the infrared waves... Anyway, thank you for your suggestion!

I am sorry for your bad experience with the LEDs. But hey, from a positive side, if the hair growth is from the LEDs at least it´s a proof that they work to some extent! And I am sure this would be good news for people who are looking for something supporting their hair growth! smile.png

I am just thinking that it doesn´t necessarily have to be from the LEDs. We all get more facial hair as we age, that is a normal process.. It can merely be an effect of that.. Or it can be hormonal... And if it´s caused by the LEDs it actually indicates that the skin on your scar is healthier and closer to normal if it has hair follicles... All in all I would not see it as anything depressing. Hair is our friend! smile.png Just use a tweezer to get rid of it every now and then and you are fine! We all do anyway (otherwise half of us brunettes would have a mustache like an old pirate biggrin.png )

Thanks very much for your feedback & recommendation No Hope !! :) I'll look into it....cheers :)

Thank you no_hope!

I am sorry for your bad experience with the LEDs. But hey, from a positive side, if the hair growth is from the LEDs at least it´s a proof that they work to some extent! And I am sure this would be good news for people who are looking for something supporting their hair growth! smile.png

I am just thinking that it doesn´t necessarily have to be from the LEDs. We all get more facial hair as we age, that is a normal process.. It can merely be an effect of that.. Or it can be hormonal... And if it´s caused by the LEDs it actually indicates that the skin on your scar is healthier and closer to normal if it has hair follicles... All in all I would not see it as anything depressing. Hair is our friend! smile.png Just use a tweezer to get rid of it every now and then and you are fine! We all do anyway (otherwise half of us brunettes would have a mustache like an old pirate biggrin.png )

hair on your cheeks is completley abnormal. im afraid of tweezing them because i dont wanna create any holes or indents since my skin is super sensitive and thin because of accutane. it conerns me greatly =( any tips on removing the hairs?

>I'm really interested in LED lights too...I have not tried it, but I might consider it...is it recommended for red skin? And does it truly help?

Cheers smile.png

1 person likes this

Thanks for this information Nenuphar :) !!