Photo

Dht And Its Role With Acne

dht hormones lfting herbal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 aridus46

aridus46

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hello ! 

First of all, please forgive my english mistakes, I'm a french resident so it's kinda hard to me to talk perfectly smile.png

I'am very very relieved to FINALLY see a RECENT post about DHT acne and a guy experience, you have no idea Aridus how you saved my day ! 

I'm 21 and suffer from the EXACTLY same problems and ascertainments you had .

It's so painful to think about all of it, my psychological state of mind is so down because of my acne and the injustice felt is beyond imagine.

It's only recently I have made the link between DHT and my acne, since i encountered the same issues with lifting ejaculation and my food habits.

Since the past 3 days, I skim the web to find anything about DHT-blockers and the effects on acne, trying to find any witness experience of some people, but nothing until NOW!  smile.png

So my friend, please tell me what you recommand me to buy among all theses DHT blockers you tested ( you talked about Dim also and i read a lot about spironolactone http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2972662

This post is very interessting for me, even if I don't understand everything but this routine seems to be very efficient for you and probably will be for me too no?

Update on Results:

So far I have been taking saw palmetto 2x a day along with half a pill of beta-sitosterol on cardio days and a full pill of beta-sitosterol along with an extra pill of saw plametto to help with the surge of testosterone converted to dht from lifting compound weights. On off days, I just take 2 pills of saw palmetto, one in the morning and at night.  Before I was taking beta sitosterol pills 2x a day instead of just 1/2 or full pill which I am doing now. MY body acne has cleared up dramatically and now I will notice only one or two new cysts develop on my body at most after I lift and theyre usually pretty small compared to a large breakout that seemed to happen everytime after i lifted without these pills. My libido is better than it was before on my high dose of these pills but I still am not 100% like i did when I wasnt on these drugs. However, I would much rather live with a slight decreased sex drive and energy levels and have little acne compared to massive breakouts and having normal libido. I have also found after ejaculation, which usually would trigger a breakout on my face, if i take a pill of saw palmetto directly after, I dont notice any significant cysts develop the next day. I will have a few small ones but nothing worth noting. So far, this routine seems to be working fairly well for me and I also notice I can be more relaxed with my choices on food without having any consequences. I also have been splurging with a little caffeine as of late without having problems like I normally would. I'm planning on starting to take a supplement called dim which is suppose to be a more natural better way to inhibit DHT production and also metabolize bad estrogen with hopefully fewer side effects. I have read a lot of positive reviews for dim so I'm hoping I can slowly taper off beta-sitosterol and use dim for more a more long term solution.

I first wanted to take only Beta sitosterol (300mg per day with pills) since it's the (according to what i read on internet) effective thing in saw palmetto to blok 5alpha-reductase. but i see it gaves you erectile problem so I'm kind afraid .

Please answer me and keep us update, it's so hard to find any recent (or not by the way) post about our concerns and experience .

I want to avoid Roaccutane, since it's increase hairloss and grownhair on body and have many long term effect as mikito pointed out .

I'm glad you found this post helpful GFxTT! I experimented with just taking saw palmetto and Dim for my DHT problems to see if I could get rid of beta sitosterol but I noticed my acne returning on my body. Not as bad as if i were to not use anything but I definitely noticed the lack of beta sitosterol. I do feel that DIM has helped a lot though. One thing I've noticed is that my body only breaks out after lifting. Nothing else triggers acne on my body. If I ejaculate or cheat to much with my diet, my face is the only thing that breaks out. RIght now, what I've found works best for me and I hope might help you too GFxTT is this routine: on off days where I dont lift, I take 1 pill of saw palmetto berries capsule (580mg) in the morning and one at night. I also take 1 pill of source naturals DIM in the morning and at night. one days where I lift, my main goal is to minimize the damage from DHT done from lifting so on lifting day, I take 1 pill of saw palmetto before, during and after lifting. I take 1 pill of DIM before and after lifting and I also take half a pill of beta sitosterol (180 mg vitamin shoppe brand) before and after my workout. This may seem like a rather high  dose for everything but Its what I've found works best for me. I also have found if I take a pill of saw palmetto before I ejaculate, I notice hardly any new acne after. You should play with your dose and find the lowest dose you can take that will still work for you since its dangerous to play with hormone levels. I've found this routine keeps my libido levels also relatively normal. It sill affects it but its not like I felt when I took a very high dosage and felt completely castrated.  I have yet to try anything topical so if you decide to try topical, please let me know how it works for you.

#22 GFxTT

GFxTT

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

Thanks you a lot for this resume. 

I will foloow your routine, perhaps in first weeks with a lower doses cause yes i indeed feel like it's a lot so i prefer start softly with my body and then increase the doses if everything's fine or no changement.

May i ask you where do you buy your pills? (i mean if it's on internet, it would help me cause I'm looking for a trustworthy shopper) 

For the topical use of spironolactone (5% in the cream) I will see if i use it or not, probably not for start but if I have bad results with the palmetto/DIM/B cytosterol  (and i fucking hope not lol) i will buy it.

Anyways, i'll keep you informed for sure , testimony experiences are less and less frequent nowaday so I will keep the web informed :) 

Keep in touch buddy !

#23 aridus46

aridus46

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Thanks you a lot for this resume. 

I will foloow your routine, perhaps in first weeks with a lower doses cause yes i indeed feel like it's a lot so i prefer start softly with my body and then increase the doses if everything's fine or no changement.

May i ask you where do you buy your pills? (i mean if it's on internet, it would help me cause I'm looking for a trustworthy shopper) 

For the topical use of spironolactone (5% in the cream) I will see if i use it or not, probably not for start but if I have bad results with the palmetto/DIM/B cytosterol  (and i fucking hope not lol) i will buy it.

Anyways, i'll keep you informed for sure , testimony experiences are less and less frequent nowaday so I will keep the web informed smile.png

Keep in touch buddy !

I get most of everything off amazon since its cheapest there. My saw palmetto is natures way. beta sitosterol is just a vitamin shoppe brand and DIM is from sources natural. Also, you can never underestimate how important a good diet is. I aim to eat plenty of greens, drink plenty of water and to limit most dairy, sugar, gluten. Also, I feel what helps alot with me and what most people say helps balance there hormones the most is to drink 2 tablespoons a day of Total EFAs oil a day along with tablespoon of a quality cod liver oil (garden of life is the brand i use). Not only does it help greatly with acne but it is also is very healthy for you! Good luck and I hope my routine can be the answer your looking for! 

#24 GFxTT

GFxTT

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

ok thanks :)

can you send me your seller link of amazon by PM ?

thanks dude :) 

here the routine  i will start with and increase doses if nothing happen about 3 months 

Take 1 pill of Zinc 15mg/day 
Take 1 pill of saw palmetto berries capsule (580mg) the morning AND the evenning
Take 1 pill of source naturals DIM per day

Drink around 2liters per days of water and 1 mintleaf tea/ day for EGCG

#25 aridus46

aridus46

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

I took Greengables advice and decided to try the S5 cream. It has made a huge difference for me no doubt. i decided to try it for a while and noticed my skin all over looked good using it but I was unsure if it was just the supplements I was taking or if the cream was truly helping. I ran out of the cream for about 5 days and all of the sudden my skin broke out bad. I immediately order some more and after I started using it again, everything started calming down and there have rarely been new ones. While this cream is fairly expensive, i would definitely recommend trying it. I have order 4 more containers just to make sure I dont run out any time soon. 

#26 kevinb128

kevinb128

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

The only problem I had with beta-sitosterol pills is that it killed my libido. To the point it was almost non existent=/ I'm looking around for something topical to maybe block DHT. Any ideas? Something natural though!