Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Sensitive Skin...finally Got It Right

3 posts in this topic

My skin breaks out extremely easily, and I have been trying to figure out the best way to shave my face for a long time. My face is acne free from my topical regimen, and one of the only times I break out is after I shave. It's usually not bad; just one, two, or three annoying little whiteheads, but it pissed me off like no other! After years of experimenting, I finally got it down where I don't break out after I shave. Here is what I do:

You have to get a QUALITY electric razor. I got mine on Amazon for 120 dollars, but it was down from 200 dollars. I use Pansonic ES8243A....worth the investment. I have experimented with all types of traditional razors, even the one Dan recommends, but they all cause major irritation/breakouts.

The Pansonic is a Wet/Dry shaver, and to avoid irritation you have to use it Wet with shaving gel. I recommend Paula's Choice shaving gel, it has no pore clogging ingredients and is extremely light (basically aloe vera gel with some additives). I get my face wet with luke-warm water, apply a light layer of the gel, and then just shave! I hop in the shower after, wash my face properly with cleanser, and voila, all done and break-out free. Definitely worth a shot for those with picky skin :)

2 people like this

Thanks man, that's helpful.

I know that my razor probably aggravates my acne, but at the same time I hate dry shaving (little hairs falling all over the sink, arrgh!!). A wet/dry electric is probably a good alternative. I can't seem to find that Panasonic here in the UK though.

Maximus, how close a shave do you get with the Panasonic? I've been using the same $20 electric shaver for 8 years or so (lol, don't judge!) and obviously need to move onward and upward in life! Definitely thinking in making the investment