Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Carbs Diet Side Effects? Do I Need To Fear?

20 posts in this topic

Hello. Recently i started no dairy, no-sugar, and no carbs diet. I have seen an improvement, everything's all right. But i'm wondering:

No dairy seems to be clear for me - i'm not a calf. No sugar? I'm replacing it with fruit sugar - fructose - cool.

But no carbs? In the food pyramid Bread, rice, pasta, etc. makes base of pyramid, which means they are most important. Wherever you look you can see people telling that carbs are good for your brain, etc.

So, i'm afraid about my health. I never was fat or over weight. I always have perfect Bmi. But on this diet i lost 5 kg. I used to have 65, now i'm 60 - I have 179cm height

(it's probably, cause i'm eating much smaller. Normally i can eat everything, mix everything, and i do not gain weight. Great genes i think - See my other topic to read more about it) .

I'll gave EVERYTHING to have acne-free skin, but i'm afraid that i'll lose my forces. Help, explain, please. It's important for me.

What do you mean by replacing sugar with fructose? Because if you mean you are switching to something like agave, then that isn't cool. If you mean you are eating some fruit, then that would be cool.

Also, grains and beans aren't the definition of carbs. All plant foods contain carbs. So avoiding them doesn't make a zero carb diet. And a no carb diet is bad, to answer the question in the title.

Also, they are the base of the pyramid because they are the cheapest food in our current food industry. Not because they are important. And that pyramid is no longer recommended. If you want to eat grains, ideally make it oats, or grain like seeds like quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth. And only have one or 2 servings per day on average.

2 people like this

1: I mean eating apples, pears, oranges and all kind of sweet, healthy fruits. So it's cool rolleyes.gif

2: So i must eat carbs! Which food that contains carbs, that do not give me acne i can eat? I now for sure that i must stay away from bread, rice, cereal(with milk, mmm... delicious), and pasta.

3:I knew that this whole "food pyramid" matter is deceitful. reffering to my "2" point can you give me some more common examples. I mean - i have never tried quinoa, buckwheat, or amaranth. It's dark magic for me surprised.gif

Thanks for reply, you are helping me a lot.

More generally: Is my diet is ok. Any fixex, ideas? tell me if this thing i'm doing it's ok or not.

Completely agree with alternativista above. Besides, a no carb diet would leave you with very few options for what you actually could eat.

Moreover, you definitely need complex carbs for energy, brain power, etc. as they are your body's primary source of fuel.

Here's a list of specific foods highest in complex carbs:

• fruits and vegetables - potatoes, beans, carrots, okra, zucchini, cucumbers, asparagus, grapefruit, prunes, apples, pears, strawberries, sweet potatoes, onions, tomatoes.
  • whole grains - brown rice, corn, barley, spelt, oats, buckwheat.
  • nuts and seeds
  • legumes - lentils, chickpeas (garbanzo beans), kidney beans, pinto beans.

At this point I should let you know that for me personally, I try to eat an anti-acne diet of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich foods, so I limit my grain and legume intake, but they are great sources of complex carbs.

So it's very difficult to have acne free skin, and good health. I assume that all the food you writed above will no trigger acne? Is that right?

You typed potatoes - i've heard that this is bad for acne. It's true? I'm staying away from potatoes for now. I'll wait for more info.

So it's very difficult to have acne free skin, and good health. I assume that all the food you writed above will no trigger acne? Is that right?

You typed potatoes - i've heard that this is bad for acne. It's true? I'm staying away from potatoes for now. I'll wait for more info.

2 people like this

I would recommend you go on a low glycemic diet. That would mean you are pretty much eliminating anything which will cause your insulin to spike and make your hormones go crazy and produce more oil. when you go on a low glycemic diet, remember that you dont wanna completely keep your body very low on sugar

1 person likes this

So it's very difficult to have acne free skin, and good health

1 person likes this

1 person likes this

Thank you so much. I'm going to sleep now, but i'll focus on this post tomorrow. Good Night,

@Edit

Most kind of you, you're helping me a lot. I just drank spearmint with some earl grey. I'ts good to now that i can drink tea.

How often i can eat sweet potatoes, and

can i eat Rye bread, or wholemeal bread at all. Since i've started my diet i have not eated any kind of bread at all. I can live without it - sure, but i'm only curious.

Anyway, if i ever meet you, i'll hug you as strong as i can, you're doing great job, thanks for support.

Thank you so much. I'm going to sleep now, but i'll focus on this post tomorrow. Good Night,

@Edit

Most kind of you, you're helping me a lot. I just drank spearmint with some earl grey. I'ts good to now that i can drink tea.

How often i can eat sweet potatoes, and

can i eat Rye bread, or wholemeal bread at all. Since i've started my diet i have not eated any kind of bread at all. I can live without it - sure, but i'm only curious.

Anyway, if i ever meet you, i'll hug you as strong as i can, you're doing great job, thanks for support.

Do some reading on the Paleo diet. Grains are indeed at the bottom of the FDA food pyramid, but maybe the food pyramid is wrong. Going grain-free is the best decision I've ever made for myself.

1 person likes this

i am waiting for a post on wheat.

but omitting grain completely is not a balanced diet either.

its better to choose a grain thats good or at least gluten free.

The idea behind the Paleo diet is that grains aren't really meant to be eaten by humans. If you look into the science of it, it makes sense. Grains don't really have any nutritional value, at least not compared to fruits and vegetables.

All I know is that my whole body improved by cutting grains. Skin (all over), nails, gut, energy... Keep an open mind.

no grain might have done u good but that doesnt mean its the best option.

also,"grains dont have any nutrional value??really?

not all grains are nutrition-less.

grains are good for nervous system and also has many other functions.

rice for example cools and lessens body heat.

plus there are several others which are good to be part of a balanced diet.

keep an open mind!

Remember I said "compared to fruits and vegetables". I'm just saying it might be good to try it out, just as a trial. I don't really buy that a low fat, super controlled diet is going to cure anyone's acne. I've been there. It sucked.

most would consider omitting any form of grain 'controlled'.

at least i would!

super controlled diet doesnt work in long run anyway.

so i am glad u dnt follow those.

Remember I said "compared to fruits and vegetables". I'm just saying it might be good to try it out, just as a trial. I don't really buy that a low fat, super controlled diet is going to cure anyone's acne. I've been there. It sucked.

Everyone is different. For me, i see an improvement. I think, that key to win is to: not eat too much. If you're hungry, eat, but not to feel full stomach, just to kill hunger for 2 hours i think. You're saying, that it sucked. Did you stayed out from grains, milk, sugar? No junk food? How long did you last on your diet btw?

You're probably staring at all these people on this so called sea food diet "I see food and i eat it" lol. And they have perfect skin. I'm jealous too. Well, good for them, everybody is different. I'll fight. But I have a choice: Do not care about stupid diet, like these people, Eat everything, at every time, and have acne, or keep on this diet, cure acne, and THEN gradually add some of prohibited food, see what happens, and make my own perfect diet. Pick what you want, for me, diet is cool thing.

I agree. I never was staring at all those calorie meters, etc. When i'm hungry, i just eat. Not too much. I assume, that thing what i'm doing it's ok. I have some anxiety disorders too. I've noticed that i'm stressed less on my diet. So thanks everyone. Take to mind the freind's post above, and keep happy. hifive.gif