Photo

Right, I've Had Oily Skin Since I Was About 12 Years Old.

oily oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Adrinium

Adrinium

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

I am now 20. I also used to have pretty bad acne around the ages between 14-17 and because i've been doing a very strict regimen of antibiotics (Doxycycline, which i've now stopped) and facial products (now using retin-a .01%, salicylic acid wash, apricot scrub, and cetaphils gentle facewash), my acne has pretty much disappeared. I mean, yes I do get a few here and there and some being a bit larger than others, but nothing like it used to be. MY problem now is oily as junk skin (I mean, it's always been oily but I was more concerned with my acne than my oilyness and now the oil is just so fucking UGLY!)! It's horrible! I can't do anything without makeup on because if I do, it just looks like this horrible greasepit of nastiness. I feel like i've tried everything for it, high end products that cost loads and cheap products that don't do anything. None of them seemed to help. The only things that have helped, which i can only use with makeup, is urbandecays 'deslick' spray, which i use all over my powdered face and that helps tons. But yeah.

#2 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Try 1-3 grams of pure vitamin c powder, daily.

#3 CWR24

CWR24

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

I have the same problem! Hate it..

Absorica Aug 2013 -Feb2014

Claravis March 211 - July 2011

#4 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

I think the most realistic solutions for oily skin are accutane/vitamin a, vitamin d, and antiandrogens. If you are female you can also try spironolactone or birth control.

What will that do?

How I Stay Clear:

• Accutane 5mg/day

• Probiotics 25 billion organisms/day

• Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 2x/day

Low Dose Accutane Log

#5 JohnH

JohnH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

What are you using as a moisturizer? And how often are you using the Retin-A, SA wash, and apricot scrub?

Keep in mind that the above statement(s), opinion(s), and/or recommendation(s) are based on my own personal experience and observations. Different people's bodies react differently to different things. It may not be the same for you. It may not work for you. Generally speaking, "your mileage may vary." In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither a medical doctor nor a nutritionist; I'm just a guy who's passionate about health, nutrition, and clear skin! Consult a practicing physician, dietician, or dermatologist before incorporating new supplements into your diet.

#6 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Are you taking this orally? This helps me too, but I've never heard of anyone else using it for oily skin before.

#7 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Are you taking this orally? This helps me too, but I've never heard of anyone else using it for oily skin before.

Yeah. I take it for a bunch of things. It's definitely helping with my oily skin though, as an added bonus of sorts.

#8 paigems

paigems

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yeah. I take it for a bunch of things. It's definitely helping with my oily skin though, as an added bonus of sorts.

It's helping curb my oily skin too. How do you take the vitamin C powder? Do you mix it with water? Right now I'm taking chewable vitamin C tablets.

#9 6N4M

6N4M

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

Well, that's about my experience too. Except I'm 21.

Although at this point I'm pretty just only using a salicylic cleanser.

I've read about the Vit C thing and I've been taking a gram a day for a few days now, can't say I've noticed much of a difference.

It's helping curb my oily skin too. How do you take the vitamin C powder? Do you mix it with water? Right now I'm taking chewable vitamin C tablets.

How much has it helped? A little? A lot?

Edited by 6N4M, 23 June 2013 - 09:35 PM.