acne pimples red zit inflammed shaving deadskin cells

6 replies to this topic

#1 gymrat3

gymrat3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

So I have acne below my lips in my chin area on the left and right. I literally never shave this area with my electric razor, I just use a trimmer to keep some facial hair in the area. I completely shave my cheeks and my neck and jaw line and I no longer get acne there. Does shaving get rid of deadskin cells which in return reduce acne? 

Would it help for me to shave the area?

Thanks

#2 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

There's two theories on this. Shaving frequently and not shaving at all.

When your facial hair is longer and you shave, there's more of a tug, which causes a lot of irritation. So, if you shave each day, you prevent that and if you don't shave at all, you also prevent that.

I only use a trimmer, so I don't really have to comply to either of these. Well, actually I notice that when I shave with longer facial hair I feel a little irritated afterwards. 

#3 gymrat3

gymrat3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Ya when I do shave I trim it low and then shave it so the tugging wouldn't apply to this. 

#4 JohnH

JohnH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Skincare, health, nutrition, fitness, overall wellness, cars, and tennis.

Achievements

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Agreed, I'd either do every day or not at all, to avoid the tug.

Shaving does get rid of dead skin cells, which helps. Just try to shave properly and in a way that doesn't irritate your skin.

For some folks, shaving may irritate acne, and for others it may help.

Keep in mind that the above statement(s), opinion(s), and/or recommendation(s) are based on my own personal experience and observations. Different people's bodies react differently to different things. It may not be the same for you. It may not work for you. Generally speaking, "your mileage may vary." In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither a medical doctor nor a nutritionist; I'm just a guy who's passionate about health, nutrition, and clear skin! Consult a practicing physician, dietician, or dermatologist before incorporating new supplements into your diet.

#5 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

I never get acne along my jawline, chin, etc. Sometimes above my mouth though. I used to shave with a razor and thought maybe that was why, exfoliating the dead skin, etc. I tried shaving higher up on my cheeks a few times but it only irritated my red marks. For the last couple months I've been just using a beard trimmer, but I'm still not getting any acne in my beard area. So, basically, I have no idea. But that's my experience.

#6 fZuAshZWzN

fZuAshZWzN

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

buy amoxicillin amoxil 250 mg 5ml - amoxicillin side effects vertigo

#7 Xesro

Xesro

You are what you eat !

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Gaming, Movies, Music, Health, Healthy Eating, Working Out, Lifestyle.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Depends on how you shave.

Shaving itself doesn't affect your acne. It depends on how do you shave, it could help or it could make it worse.

46146861.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users