Photo

Best Peel For Hyperpigmentation/ Red Marks?

scars hyperpigmentation acne peels lactic glysolic red marks

5 replies to this topic

#1 CarryOnMyWaywardSon

CarryOnMyWaywardSon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

so im 16/ male and I have acne but thats mostly under control but I have LOOOOTS red marks and hyperpigmentation to the point where I'm antisocial and depressed because I look like a Dorito. I've done 4 40% glysolic acid peels with little to no results. I'm hoping someone with a similar experience can help me out. Which Peel is best? Lactic? HQ? I've searched the web for HOUUURS and gotten mostly mixed reviews...please help... oh and my twice daily routine is: Wash face with salicilic acid scrub, apply aloe Vera. I've tried lots of spot treatments but they seem to always make my acne worse. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting desperate. Thanks for reading!

Oh and I've also started drinking mostly water, eating healthier and working out everyday.

#2 thaxceptional1

thaxceptional1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

have you tried a fade cream yet? i dont recommend trying a peel yourself.  i did it, but you get to look very ugly for a week and you also have to pray you heal alright.  you might get hyperpigmentation (i am still trying to see for myself).  dont do anything  dangerous to your skin.

#3 CarryOnMyWaywardSon

CarryOnMyWaywardSon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

I haven't tried a fade cream but after doing some research they all look phony or super expensive /:

#4 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

You could could try this super green face mask...details are here: http://www.acne.org/...rass/?p=3360113

It's helping me so far, and yes, don't use peels, HQ or any other harsh topicals....you're only 16 and your skin has been overworked that why it's red/ thinned/ raw...it needs to be nourished, healed and rebuilt (and the cell's DNA needs restoration); so your skin needs good, healing, natural 'skin food' and nutrients, minerals, a detox, vitamins, protein (amino acids) & growth factor stimulants...so stick with gentle natural ingredients to heal your skin....

Also, time should heal the redness as you're only 16 (i.e. you should have excellent innate skin repair capability/ growth factors)...give it 6-12 months for the redness to totally heal (yes, you must learn patience - NB it takes 1 month for skin cells to renew and 2-3 months for new collagen to be made).

Cheers :)

PS Great to hear you're eating healthy...also, try daily gentle exercise (10 minutes to 30 minutes) & fresh veg/ fruit juices daily (like beetroot/ apple/ carrot/ ginger & a spoonful of super greens i.e. chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass/ wheat grass)... a natural holistic approach to healing your skin is the best long term treatment for healthy clear skin. 

#5 CarryOnMyWaywardSon

CarryOnMyWaywardSon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Thanks, aquasea! I'm definitely trying that mask, I've already ordered some of the ingredients on Amazon! i really appreciate your help (-:

#6 JohnH

JohnH

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Skincare, health, nutrition, fitness, overall wellness, cars, and tennis.

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

I liked a BHA+ peel when I used it in the past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users