Photo

Good & Bad Birth Control Pills And Implants For Acne

acne hormones birth control bcp mirena iud pills oral contraceptives yaz ortho tri-cyclen

65 replies to this topic

#61 claret

claret

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

Hi Greengables,

Could I ask your advice please mercilon which has made my acne worse I think my Dr has prescribed Marvelon I wondered what you thought of this ? any advice would be lovely

#62 gkitten25

gkitten25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Seeing friends, eating out, spending time with my boyfriend

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

Dianette was amazing for my skin but the doctor advised that I switch. I have now been on cilest ( which I think is the UK version of ortho cyclen or ortho tri cyclen) for about four months with no problems.  I have tried mercelon or marvelon in the past ( can't remember which, but it worked well also.  I always steer away from progestin based pills and go for a combined pill.

Current Routine

AM: 

Cleanse: Merumaya cleansing balm, removed with damp hands and a cotton wipe.  Followed by la Roche Posse La Toleraine cleaner followed again by rinsing with damp hands, patting my face and a cotton wipe
Tone: Pixi glow tonic, simply apply some to the palm of my hands and pat on my face

Moisturise: Aveene rich, or light moisturising lotion (oil free) spf 20

Topicals:  Vitage protect and perfect serum, after I moisturise now that it's coming into fall and winter

PM

Same as morning but occasionally will thrown in a priori aha cleanser and use Differin after I moisturise a few nights a week

Bliss aha mask once a week/every two weeks followed by Nuxe crème fraiche moisturising mask

Oral medication:  Cilest BCP

Supplements: No current supplements

Current make up: Various foundations depending on my mood, Estee lauder double wear light, Vichy Dermablend, Charlotte Tilbury and Skin 79 BB cream, NARS creamy concealer or Naked concealer, Dollish CC cream for days when I don't want to wear foundation and Jane Iredale mineral powder to finish.  For some colour I use tea to tan By Terry, it's water base tint to give me some colour and various cream and powder blushes (love my blushes) currently loving Orgasm by Nars for a pop of colour on my cheeks and Vita Liberata mineral tan is amazing for the summer

Tools: Sigma F80 Kabuki for foundation or Real Techniques beauty blender and pretty much every other real techniques bruses for the rest of my make up

#63 graceface12

graceface12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:29 AM

I was just wondering how long does it take skin to go back to normal after coming off the pill? I was on a generic form of alesse for two years after my derm told me it was good for acne. Then after my breakouts persisted I went to a new derm, who told me that this birth control was ok for acne, but prescribed me spironalactone. 10 months later and the Spiro hasn't helped much, I really think it's my bcp causing my breakouts.

#64 shay12

shay12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

i was on beyaz for a year and like 5 months and it kept my face really clear then out of nowhere i started getting pimples everywhere do you know why this could have happen ? 

#65 tglimmer

tglimmer

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

WHAT you are so awesome. Everyone here should be thanking you profusely! How did you come by all of this research just out of curiosity? I have been battling acne and trying every birth control pill to control it! Sadly, for me, yaz gave me perfect skin BUT made me have terrible side effects and I am allergic to the main ingredient (which is also the basis for Spironolactone). I was also on orthocept which made me have no libido and currently I am taking orthotricyclen lo which has done nothing. I will have to try another pill now with this info-- do you happen to know where I might find info about emotional fluctuations and HBC? Because yaz made me crazy literately. I just want a pill that makes my skin clear without being a psycho witch. THank you SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much for this post.

#66 cmh45715

cmh45715

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

Is Estarylla the same as Ortho Cyclen?

I know GreenGables mentioned MonoNessa and Sprintec were the same, but this pill contains the same amounts of norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users