Blue Or Red Light Therapy Non Levulan

3 replies to this topic

#1 AnthonyRaggee

AnthonyRaggee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

I was thinking about going to a SPA PLACE that does light therapy i heard people say that it kills acne causing bacteria but im a bit skeptical on that has anyone ever had experience with light therapy blue or red and what does it exactly do

here is a screenie of what it offers the place is legit very high reviews located in NYC

.? Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 4.55.44 PM.png   180.33K   0 downloads

Please any advice would be appreciated i break out often and also have scars from past years 

suggestions will be highly appreciated 

Edited by AnthonyRaggee, 19 June 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#2 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

You can get just as good results with a home blue-red light. You can buy your own light for about the cost of 1 or 2 sessions at a spa. 

The LightWave CS is one of the better lights out there that is still affordable. 

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#3 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yes, I tried both red and blue light therapy. In my opinion, red light has more benefits because it stimulates collagen and helps with the skin's overall health. Blue light is good too, but it might cause some superficial breakouts as it pulls out bacteria from the skin and unclogs pores. For me, blue light didn't do that much but blue & red together is a good combo. My acupuncturist used a portable red light and the first time it made a huge difference, and I was even wearing makeup when she did it. I recently got a facial with red and blue light, and the results are good but you have to keep up with it. Also, it works better when it is close to your face, or even touching your face (hopefully the spa sanitizes it after each use!), rather than what is shown in the picture you posted.

I'm a bit nervous about buying a home system or even a portable device, I would rather have an expert do it in case it malfunctions (I read some user reviews for various LED lights and some were saying that they got burnt or that their hyperpigmentation got worse).

I also tried a red, blue, and green light sauna for the whole body. It was an interesting experience, but I'm not sure if it did anything other than detoxing because I only use it when it's free. 

Another thing that I find works as good as red light and better than blue light is high frequency. 

Edited by WishClean, 07 August 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#4 real acnekiller

real acnekiller

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

Hello I would recommend kdwlaser pdt-100 phototherapy lamp.it easily does your entire face at once has blue light switch red and yellow. also the right wavelengths to kill acne bacteria blue 415 nm red in the 600s.you get a 2 year warranty with machine.price 899.00 well worth it relliable company too.good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users