acne blackheads whiteheads dry irritated

2 replies to this topic

#1 JessicaKeen20

JessicaKeen20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hey guys! I'm new here, so if I'm posting this in the wrong place, please forgive me.

I'll kind of give you an overview on my skin... I started getting acne blemishes when I was in 2nd grade, just on my nose and cheeks. I think it eventually went away, up until middle school. My face started breaking out pretty bad. I eventually went on accutane, and although it was absolute heck, after about 6 months, I had GORGEOUS skin. seriously... never had to wear makeup, it was pretty much flawless. I always got compliments on how beautiful my skin was no matter where I went... Fast forward to about 2.5 years ago, and bam, overnight i've got pretty bad acne again. Over the coarse of the past couple years, it has gone from mild, to moderate, to somewhat severe, back to mild, to almost clear, back to somewhat severe. I have tried antibiotics, BP, mild cleansers, harsh cleansers, SA, and that's just to name a few... nothing seems to work. My skin is really extremely dry, but during the day I get insanely oily on and around my nose. I feel quite sure my acne is hormonal, ive been on birth control for years to control my heavy periods. I am currently on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo, I've been on that for 1.5 years or so... I know there's that pill that is supposed to block testosterone or something like that, i'm just scared to go on something like that becuase of the risk of my acne being 1000x worse when I go off of it when my husband and I decide to have children. Anyway, my current regimen right now is washing my face at NIGHT with Alba Botanica Good & Clean acne wash, followed by the Good & Clean detoxify scrub, (I know you aren't supposed to do a scrub everyday, my if I don't, you can seriously see the layers of dead skin sitting on my face) after that I will usually use a salicylic acid spot treatment, my skin does not agree with BP, and then I put on a hyaluronic acid serum to help with my super dry skin, and once that dries, I apply my moisturizer with is a drop of the CeraVe SA lotion, and the CeraVe moiturizing cream in the jar. The reason I mis them is because I love the SA lotion, but it isn't quite enough moisture for my dry skin. That's all I do. Once or twice a week I use the Alba Good and Clean Mini Peel, and in the A.M. I just rinse with water. After all of this post, my question is this... my skin always looks the "best" when I wake up in the morning. I still have acne, but it is the least red, inflamed, and irritated in the morning. Right after I rinse though, it is back to super red and irritated. So I was wondering if I could just not rinse my face in the morning, maybe tissue off any excess mositurizer, re-apply a small drop of my serum and moisturizer, and then proceed with makeup? (I know you aren't supposed to wear makeup, but with my job, it is NOT an option to go without makeup. I just use a gentle powder foundation, specifically for acne prone skin, no liquid at all. I can rarely ever cover all of my acne, but I guess it is better than nothing at all.) I'm sorry for such a long post guys, i am just so beyond frustrated. Some days I am very depressed, other days I try to still be positive and not let my acne define me... unfortunately, that is extremely difficult to do. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Don't know if I mentioned it clearly, so I will again just in case- I get whiteheads, blackheads, some small cysts, small rash like bumps that don't "pop", and overall my skin is just really dry, red, and irritated.

Oh, also, I know in my profile pic my skin looks pretty much flawless... somehow my acne never seems to really show up when my picture is taken. I have no clue how. I promise though and I am not one of those people who has 1 or 2 bumps and is overreacting. I won't go as far as to say my acne is "severe" it is to me, but I have seen other people who have it way worse than I do, and would probably be happy to have my skin, but it is still really bad. If neccessary, I can upload a picture of myself without any makeup on.

I forgot to mention that i had read on here the other day about people having awesome results with desitin, becuae of the zinc. I picked some up yesterday and tried it last night, and unfortunately, didn't see any noticeable improvement. I am kind of scared to keep using it, becuase I think I might have a sensitivity to talc, which desitin has a small amount in it... don't know if it is enough to cause problems... but it concerns me. If ya'll have any other ideas at all, please let me know!

Edited by JessicaKeen20, 19 June 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#2 JessicaKeen20

JessicaKeen20

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Bump

#3 Torquemonster

Torquemonster

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Motorcycling
    Golf
    Guitar Playing
    Walking/Hiking
    Bicycling

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

What is the question? To rinse or not rinse what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users