Photo

How I Healed My Acne!

acne heal scarring acne scarring moderately severe cystic acne redness tretinoin bactrim ds bactrim

4 replies to this topic

#1 NeverFeltBetter

NeverFeltBetter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

I am not one to post things online like this, but I know how much posts like these helped me as I was fighting acne. So, I decided to share my story of healing my acne.

I am 18 years old and graduated high school last month. I really only suffered from acne since 9th grade, but it got noticeably bad at the start of my senior year. I had moderately severe acne- cystic and lots of red zits. I tried many things to stop it- clean & clear advantage, proactiv, and then back to clean & clear again.. not having any desired results. I tried vitamin d supplements as well, but no such luck. I was starting to give up hope and felt like it would never get better. 

Then I decided to go to my doctor (which I should have done much sooner!). She told me that my acne was most likely hereditary (thanks mom!) but she prescribed me two things: a topical cream and an antibiotic. The topical is called Tretinoin (which I think is a generic retin-A?) and the antibiotic is a generic Bactrim DS. She also told me to wash my face with a salicylic acid soap. So that night I started my new regimen, which I still use today (after 4 months). Every night I wash my face with Clearasil Daily Face Wash (with salicylic acid) using my Clarisonic Mia 2 on the slow speed. Then I apply the tretinoin. I also take 1 Bactrim DS each night. The first month or two I was taking 1 in the morning and 1 nightly. And now, my face is SO SMOOTH. I have an occasional SMALL pimple, but I haven't broken out ever since. About a month of this regimen, my face was drying out a lot, but I stuck with it and the dryness went away completely. Now i am VERY satisfied with my results. Before, it was so bad that I wouldn't go hang out with my friends and at one point I wouldn't even walk around my own house without makeup. Now I am much closer to going out in public with no makeup. The only thing that is stopping me is the hyper-pigmentation that is left behind from my acne. But, this is continuously fading and I believe that the Tretinoin is a big help in fading this!!

I just wanted to share my story, because I once felt like there was no hope, and now I am so much happier with my skin, and I know that you can be to! So I hope that this post helped you, and I wish you much luck with healing your acne. Just know that it WILL get better!! 

#2 Wabbit

Wabbit

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

I am on my second month of Tretinoin now. :) I can't say I see much of a difference yet, but hopefully I will have some results too! Congrats on clear skin.

#3 NeverFeltBetter

NeverFeltBetter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm sure you will start to see results soon! It really has been a miracle for me! Good luck to you :)

#4 darkheart

darkheart

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Use a non medicated wash before your topical hun, rather than the Clearasil as it can compromise the full effectiveness of your topical cream and render it useless. I recommend this one:

300.JPG

#5 NeverFeltBetter

NeverFeltBetter

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Thanks, but I'm doing what my doctor told me to.. so I'm gonna stick with this, as I have been seeing results. Thank you for the advice though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users