lighten hydroquinone lemon scar acne face

4 replies to this topic

#1 bellomiss

bellomiss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

My face is really dull and it has gotten darker from staying in the sun too much.  Which is better to lighten my skin-Hydroquinone or Lemon. 

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

Moved topic to a more suitable forum where you may find more helpful responses.  Good luck! :)

#3 Oilygirl1980

Oilygirl1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

I prefer lemon juice. I use it as a quick mask after i wash my face and then use it as spot treatment after i moisturizer and use my bp. I used hydroquinone and it worked but it didnt work as quickly for me. Id say give both a shot and be sure to use a sunscreen with the hydroquinone during the day.
I like the lemon juice for the exfoliation and acne treatment as well!

#4 bellomiss

bellomiss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Moved topic to a more suitable forum where you may find more helpful responses.  Good luck! smile.png

Thanks

I prefer lemon juice. I use it as a quick mask after i wash my face and then use it as spot treatment after i moisturizer and use my bp. I used hydroquinone and it worked but it didnt work as quickly for me. Id say give both a shot and be sure to use a sunscreen with the hydroquinone during the day.
I like the lemon juice for the exfoliation and acne treatment as well!

Okay, thanks. I'll go back to using lemon juice. I have tried hydroquinone but I did not like the smell. 

#5 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

You can alternate them. In the long run hydroquinone is more powerful but is slower-acting. Lemon may give you faster results but can't penetrate as deeply. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users