Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sudden Breakout- Losing Hope

9 posts in this topic

I've been suffering with acne since I was about 12, I'm 16 now and it's the worst it's ever been. Ive been to my doctor and he has me currently taking minocin capsules and using duac gel once daily (5% benzoyl peroxide). I've been on this medication for about 3 months now and it was finally clearing up my face, all of a sudden I've had a horrible breakout on my forehead, nose and cheeks. I mean horrible. There's just tons of tiny red spots. It's really affecting my confidence and I haven't left the house in days. I have no idea what may have triggered this breakout?

Just to say, there has been a lot of sun where I live lately and also my diet is very bad, those may be reasons? Any ideas?? :(

I've been suffering with acne since I was about 12, I'm 16 now and it's the worst it's ever been. Ive been to my doctor and he has me currently taking minocin capsules and using duac gel once daily (5% benzoyl peroxide). I've been on this medication for about 3 months now and it was finally clearing up my face, all of a sudden I've had a horrible breakout on my forehead, nose and cheeks. I mean horrible. There's just tons of tiny red spots. It's really affecting my confidence and I haven't left the house in days. I have no idea what may have triggered this breakout?

Just to say, there has been a lot of sun where I live lately and also my diet is very bad, those may be reasons? Any ideas?? sad.png

1 person likes this

Yes sun and poor diet can effect breakouts... You should minimize your sun exposure and try a diet of mostly veggies and fruits.. It should help to get the breakouts under control again... Also, be sure that you're being as gentle as possible with your skin and keep hats, wash clothes, clothing as clean as possible... Most important.. HANDS OFF!! It can get easy to be lax with your skin once your clear but being vigilant makes all the difference in the world. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress... :)

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120

DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70

Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+

During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides

Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics

Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.

Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

what is ur diet and lifestyle like?

use a good sunscreen with both physical and chemical barriers.

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

Usually the sun and diet triggers Rosacea. A lot of doctors will argue that diet doesn't trigger Rosacea but some think it does. If you're using bp and your out in the sun you gotta wear SPF.

I've come to notice this because after all the years of trying to battle acne nothing has worked. Now that I'm using a topical called metro gel I'm seeing some improvement.

This is probably why most of us have no luck with bp because it worsens Rosacea. Sulfur and salicylic acid have always worked for me and that's because they help with Rosacea. If you have a severe case they can only do so much though.

Papulopustular Roscacea is always confused for acne.

what is ur diet and lifestyle like?

use a good sunscreen with both physical and chemical barriers.

Drink 8 glasses of water a day, take vitamins, and make sure you get plenty of sleep. And maye try exercising. All this stuff really helped improve my acne drastically, and its only been a week. Best of luck!

My diet is honestly very bad. I never ever get my 5 a day, and I do eat alot of salty and sugar foods. I'm trying to improve my diet but I find it hard to set out a diet plan as I don't know what foods would trigger and which could benefit my skin. I drink alot of water though and I am very active, I get alot of exercise.

1 person likes this

Keep in mind that the above statement(s), opinion(s), and/or recommendation(s) are based on my own personal experience and observations. Different people's bodies react differently to different things. It may not be the same for you. It may not work for you. Generally speaking, "your mileage may vary." In the interest of full disclosure, I am neither a medical doctor nor a nutritionist; I'm just a guy who's passionate about health, nutrition, and clear skin! Consult a practicing physician, dietician, or dermatologist before incorporating new supplements into your diet.

have a diet that suits u.

"healthy" is subjective.

limit sugar and salt.

8 by 8 rule as far as i know is not enough for some.(for some its okay).

i follow the theory which says "1 litre of water for 20kg of ur body weight".

that is if u r 60 kgs,have 3 litres of water.

could u elaborate more on ur diet and lifestyle?

do u take dairy?

have u never done elimination test?

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)