Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stopping Accutane After 4 Days

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have been taking accutane for a few days and I already feel very messed up mentally. I have had terrible anxiety and cannot stop crying. To save myself from future torment, I have decided to stop. If I have taken 4 doses of 40 mg, how long will it take for it to be out of my system and for me to be back to normal?

My derm said that accutane stays in your body for about a month after you stop taking it. Hope you recover soon and best of luck.

Do you think it is the drug or your anxiety over it?

I had terrible anxiety about taking the medication but got a lot of reassurance from someone I knew who was taking it and it made all the difference.

1 person likes this

Either way, I can't control it. I don't need the extra stress about this medication. I am prone to anxiety and am realizing it was a mistake to take it in the first place. I am just concerned with getting it out of my system as soon as possible

Hopefully only four days won't take too long

Does anyone think that it will take long for a few days worth of pills to get completely flushed out of my system? I would like to be able to drink, do laser treatments, etc. I don't think I gave the meds enough time to fully sink in

You should be fine, just don't take it again! If you are prone to anxiety or depression it can exuberate it and even if you aren't prone people have had issues. surround yourself around family, exercise, meditation, eating healthy and good rest!

You should be fine, just don't take it again! If you are prone to anxiety or depression it can exuberate it and even if you aren't prone people have had issues. surround yourself around family, exercise, meditation, eating healthy and good rest!

They say a month to get it out of your body, so to be Safe I'd say a month. But on the other hand they said a month to get it out of your system when I was on it for 7 months. 4 pills is nothing in the realm if things so you'll be fine.

If the half-life is 10-20 hours, I am assuming it should be out of my system by a week, and that I should return to normal by then?

Also, would it be safe to do laser treatment if I have been on accutane for four days and have seen no side effects on my skin?

I would think you could get laser treatments still since you only took a few pills. But then again I would check with your dermatologist just to be safe. Would hate to have your results be a terrible outcome if you indeed needed to wait.

If the half-life is 10-20 hours, I am assuming it should be out of my system by a week, and that I should return to normal by then?

Also, would it be safe to do laser treatment if I have been on accutane for four days and have seen no side effects on my skin?

Hi,

I have been taking accutane for a few days and I already feel very messed up mentally. I have had terrible anxiety and cannot stop crying. To save myself from future torment, I have decided to stop. If I have taken 4 doses of 40 mg, how long will it take for it to be out of my system and for me to be back to normal?