Photo

Should I Get A Cleanser To Suit Oily Skin?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Ugh! I wasn't able to get the products today, but I'm popping over to asda tomorrow as ive seen it in there. Yes don't worry I'll share my experience with Benzac!

Aw! Oh well, you need your benzac first anyways. 

The only concern I have about the benzac is the amount...60g won't go very far!

Weird, I've never seen cetaphil stuff in Asda :o

#22 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

yeah cetaphil is on offer sometimes in asda, last time i saw them the cleanser/moisturizer were £6 instead of £8. They only stock the gentle cleanser and moisturizing lotion, I dont think they do any of the fancy SPF daytime ones or anything.

#23 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

yeah cetaphil is on offer sometimes in asda, last time i saw them the cleanser/moisturizer were £6 instead of £8. They only stock the gentle cleanser and moisturizing lotion, I dont think they do any of the fancy SPF daytime ones or anything.

I'll have to go take a look. I really can't stand the lotion, it didn't absorb at all and I woke up with a face still full of greasy moisturiser. 

I love the cleanser though. Have you ever noticed little pieces of what I can only describe as...grit in the cleanser? It doesn't bother me, but I wonder if it's just me. 

#24 XXYY

XXYY

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'll have to go take a look. I really can't stand the lotion, it didn't absorb at all and I woke up with a face still full of greasy moisturiser. 

I love the cleanser though. Have you ever noticed little pieces of what I can only describe as...grit in the cleanser? It doesn't bother me, but I wonder if it's just me. 

i think youre supposed to use cetaphil on wet skin because when Ive done that after a shower it soaks up completely and its really nice, but on top of dried BP it just sits there looking shiny. It does its job though but I can only use it at night.

I think it might just be you because I dont think I have noticed that to be honest huh.png

#25 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Ugh! I wasn't able to get the products today, but I'm popping over to asda tomorrow as ive seen it in there. Yes don't worry I'll share my experience with Benzac!

Aw! Oh well, you need your benzac first anyways. 

The only concern I have about the benzac is the amount...60g won't go very far!

Weird, I've never seen cetaphil stuff in Asda :o

Its just annoying how like virtually nowhere sells BP in the UK!

#26 suelily

suelily

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

If you want to get rid of the shine during the day Boots sell Oil Absorbing sheets that you could carry around. I'm 43 and by midday my skin is shiny no matter what product I put on my face. 

#27 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

I was planning to get blotting sheets anyway, but I'm having second thoughts about getting the Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion as I want something for both day and night. I'll have a look in boots.

#28 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Seriously, if you're going to be shopping in boots a lot for your regimen supplies - get an advantage card. I've had one for a couple of months and I've already save up £9. It's not a crazy amount, but it will buy me a cleanser/moisturiser!

#29 saraf123123

saraf123123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

You all probably don't care, but I've ordered the BP. Getting the moisturiser and cleanser tomorrow; this is what I'll be using.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Benzac Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Cetaphil DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion.

Not sure if the moisturiser is actually a moisturiser, lol. whistling.gif)

If you are going with Benzoyl Peroxide, try this:http://www.amazon.co...=A363K1IY95DPMY I used it with great results, even reviewed it on this website :)

#30 Clear My Skin

Clear My Skin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

Benzac has worked for many regimen users! I might even consider it myself.

Let me know if you get it and it arrives!

It arrived, everything was in shape, the lid is sealed and there is a little booklet about it blah blah blah, now I need to test it tonight, so I'm officially starting the regimen, problem is, is that when the BP runs out if I haven't found a suitable BP the regimen will be useless :(