Cleansing Breakouts

5 replies to this topic

#1 LaceyJ

LaceyJ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with cleansing/detoxing and a resulting breakout?  I began mixing Pure Synergy powder into water and smoothies about a week ago.  I have since broken out horribly along my forehead, temples, side of face, and now it is spreading down my jaw and neck.  There are tons of tiny bumps and it is red.  It kind of looks like a rash just spreading down my face.  I think this may be caused by my body pushing out toxins through my skin because of the Pure Synergy, but I was wondering if anyone had and experience with these types of breakouts?  I'm very upset and getting more depressed every day sad.png

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

I am very skeptical about this idea that when your body detoxes, it does so in a horrendous way.  I went through almost the same thing in the summer using supplements and after about 2 months and no improvement (things got worse), i called it quits.  My advice to you is to wait it out a month and if you notice that there has been no positive change, try something else. 

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#3 LaceyJ

LaceyJ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

When you stopped did your skin begin to improve?  I think I'm going to stop taking it today because I just can't deal with it anymore.  It's too hard on me emotionally.

#4 Ribbonettes

Ribbonettes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Government corruption, Food science, Holistic health,

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

When you stopped did your skin begin to improve?  I think I'm going to stop taking it today because I just can't deal with it anymore.  It's too hard on me emotionally.

Honestly, I've had this problem before.  Your body probably just doesn't agree with it.  Stopping it is probably a good idea.  I would say focusing one eating right is more valuable. If you're looking for a good supplement Hawaiian Spirulina is very good.. and bee products like royal jelly, Propolis, & Bee pollen.  I recommend the site iherbs.com they offer organic products at a much cheaper price than organic/vegetarian stores and they also have reviews as well.

#5 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

No my skin did not improve but it didn't worsen.  Try to work on diet and get a topical routine that you can live and comply with.  And remember, even though natural is a great thing to strive for, if you are not getting significant results, don't be afraid to go the chemical route.  It's about balance.

It's a rocky road but like everything else in life, there is always a beginning and an end.  Here's to finding my end.

God is good to me..........more than I deserve.

James 1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

#6 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

If you're having those types of breakouts, it likely isn't "detox." You're probably reacting to the stuff you're taking and should stop right away!

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users