Photo
Accutane

How Long Until Your Acne Cleared Up On Accutane?

acne results roaccutane

11 replies to this topic

#1 Keepcalmandgtfo

Keepcalmandgtfo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'm just curious how long it took everyone (who is taking accutane) to see results & how long until it became completely clear?

#2 PERSEPHONE7

PERSEPHONE7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

It varies person to person. I would say most people notice a big difference around the beginning or middle of the second month. Feel free to visit my blog! I just started my second round of Accutane. BLAH!!!!!! 

Keep your head up! It gets so much better :D I was completely acne free for six years!

#3 emilyology

emilyology

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

It took a month to see results, 4 months until it completely cleared up for me. I was on Bactrim at the same time, though. Very severe cystic acne, so I was surprised it worked so fast.

#4 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

I saw improvement at the end of month 2 and I didn't clear until month 5 and I had moderate presistant acne. No cystic acne.

#5 meowza

meowza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

I saw somewhat of some results at the beginning of month two, but now its back to crap again around the middle of month two.

#6 dilettante

dilettante

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

I have mild/moderate acne/cystic acne, and I just started 30mg isotretinoin (claravis) about a month and a half ago. I broke out pretty badly about 2weeks into the first month, after that it cleared up significantly, though I would still get acne here and there, but overall it was a considerable improvement. I also feel like the acne I do get clears faster since being on accutane. 2nd month, my dosage was up to 40mg, I broke out again pretty badly about a week after the switch. Not sure if it was because of the up in dosage, stress from work, poor diet (i ate a lot of sweets a few days prior to breaking out, and that has always been somewhat of a trigger for my acne), or a combination of all of those. So, so far, not completely clear yet, but not as bad as when I wasn't on accutane. Hopefully I'll be mostly clear by the 3rd month.

#7 Antiquity41

Antiquity41

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

I have mild/moderate acne/cystic acne, and I just started 30mg isotretinoin (claravis) about a month and a half ago. I broke out pretty badly about 2weeks into the first month, after that it cleared up significantly, though I would still get acne here and there, but overall it was a considerable improvement. I also feel like the acne I do get clears faster since being on accutane. 2nd month, my dosage was up to 40mg, I broke out again pretty badly about a week after the switch. Not sure if it was because of the up in dosage, stress from work, poor diet (i ate a lot of sweets a few days prior to breaking out, and that has always been somewhat of a trigger for my acne), or a combination of all of those. So, so far, not completely clear yet, but not as bad as when I wasn't on accutane. Hopefully I'll be mostly clear by the 3rd month.

Diet would not affect your acne and does not cause acne cysts. The fact that your dose doubled a week before your breakout definitely seems like the culprit. The trick is to hang on in there, I guess - it will be worth it in the end!

#8 KSG1996

KSG1996

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me
  • Interests:Soccer, helping others

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

End of month 3/ Beginning of Month 4 (probably like 2-3 days into my 4th month of Accutane). I was on 30mg a day.

#9 nomo

nomo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

I had gradual improvement along the way but am starting to clear up on day 6 of month 5. Today was the first I thought, 'holy shit it is working'.  My doc is going to keep me on it for 6 months since I was slow to respond.  I had microcystic acne though and almost every pore on my face was clogged.

#10 meowza

meowza

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

I'm at 2.5 months and I can see results on my back but not really my face. Hoping soon though.

#11 biggs881

biggs881

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

I stopped getting new pimples about 4 months into accutane. I took enough Accutane to reach the ideal cumulative dose (120mg/kg-150mg/kg). I have been 99% clear for 2 years now.

#12 Mueller95

Mueller95

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Took me about 6 months!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users