accutane hair fallout hair transplant

2 replies to this topic

#1 guy94hg59

guy94hg59

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:Ridiculousness, kindness, the arts, movies, working out, taking care of my skin, making friends, and training unicorns.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

I am starting Accutane for like the 7th time. The past 2 times I was on Accutane I noticed my hair began falling out. My derm said it was indeed because of the Accutane. I stopped the the 7th course because I lost near 50% of my density to the front of my head. I have to take Accutane again because there is no other alternative for my kind of acne. Anyway, I am going to have a hair transplant towards the front that way I don't look like I'm forever in chemo treatment. Am I going to have to wait 6 months after Accutane to have the transplant done? By then I know I wont have hair left. :(

#2 skdody

skdody

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Ask your doctor about propecia and minoxidil. I went through hair loss a year ago and I started taking propecia and putting minoxidil and it all came back within 3-4 months.

Hair transplant is really scary I wouldnt recommend you to do it unless you have tried everything else before.

#3 faceandlms

faceandlms

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

I am starting Accutane for like the 7th time. The past 2 times I was on Accutane I noticed my hair began falling out. My derm said it was indeed because of the Accutane. I stopped the the 7th course because I lost near 50% of my density to the front of my head. I have to take Accutane again because there is no other alternative for my kind of acne. Anyway, I am going to have a hair transplant towards the front that way I don't look like I'm forever in chemo treatment. Am I going to have to wait 6 months after Accutane to have the transplant done? By then I know I wont have hair left. sad.png

What does of accutane did he prescribe? I'm considering doing low dose; 5mg/day. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users