Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overwhelming Negativity In This Section

85 posts in this topic

I don't find it negative in here, personally. This place has saved me from suicide more than a few times, and it was because of the positive vibes and loving support.

There are only a few people who are really negative all the time here. Most of the rest of us just have a bad day once in a while.

1 person likes this

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

I don't find it negative in here, personally. This place has saved me from suicide more than a few times, and it was because of the positive vibes and loving support.

There are only a few people who are really negative all the time here. Most of the rest of us just have a bad day once in a while.

Itchy red raised skin - dermatitis??

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

inflamed whiteheads & clogged pores

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

well, from the looks of your pictures, you don't have it as worse as other members here so that might be a reason.

I still think that we should spread a positive vibe though but others are just going through much harder time.

Just my 2 cents :D

Please please give motivation and spread positive vibes because WE NEED IT!

2 people like this

well, from the looks of your pictures, you don't have it as worse as other members here so that might be a reason.

I still think that we should spread a positive vibe though but others are just going through much harder time.

Just my 2 cents biggrin.png

3 people like this

yea he obviously is a good looking dude with the confidence to post shirtless pics of himself but has the nerve to tell others who are going through much tougher times than him to stop being so negative. some of us are suffering beyond belief. acne is much physical as it is mental.

sure this board doesnt have to be all negative, hell this post is very negative but I also try to support others and be positive as well. its give and take. we are all trying to support each other, some of us just choose to be negative at all times which is also cool. who are you to tell them not to be? you dont know what they are going through!

1 person likes this

yea he obviously is a good looking dude with the confidence to post shirtless pics of himself but has the nerve to tell others who are going through much tougher times than him to stop being so negative. some of us are suffering beyond belief. acne is much physical as it is mental.

sure this board doesnt have to be all negative, hell this post is very negative but I also try to support others and be positive as well. its give and take. we are all trying to support each other, some of us just choose to be negative at all times which is also cool. who are you to tell them not to be? you dont know what they are going through!

1 person likes this

Be honest with yourself, being a hater demonstrates insecurity.

Chin up, everyone.

Come on guys, we can't just assume things about people just by looking at the pictures they post.

yeah, my profile pic doesn't show my acne, it's actually one of the pics I really like of myself because it's a low webcam quality that doesn't show it , does that mean that I think of myself as some "hot stuff" and don't struggle with the emotional and psychological effects of acne? Of course not! it's not wrong to post pictures of ourselves that make us look nice, it's only normal, is it not, but that doesn't mean we can't experience pain.

3 people like this

My daily routine:

Morning : Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash, moisturize with Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer w/ spf30

Before bedtime: Wash face with Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash and apply Tactuo on affected areas

Medication: 100 mg Minocycline/day

Makeup routine:

Primer: B.Kamins Corrective Mattifier

Foundation: Mary Kay Timewise Matte-wear foundation

Set: Revlon Photoready Translucent Finisher

Come on guys, we can't just assume things about people just by looking at the pictures they post.

yeah, my profile pic doesn't show my acne, it's actually one of the pics I really like of myself because it's a low webcam quality that doesn't show it , does that mean that I think of myself as some "hot stuff" and don't struggle with the emotional and psychological effects of acne? Of course not! it's not wrong to post pictures of ourselves that make us look nice, it's only normal, is it not, but that doesn't mean we can't experience pain.

Chin up, everyone.

My idea was to spread positive vibes and to show people that acne won't disable you from being a success in any department of life if you want it enough and showcase enough of your other good qualities. Chill, man.

Morning:

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Evening:

"There is no single disease which causes more psychic trauma, more maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feelings of inferiority and greater sums of psychic suffering than does acne vulgaris." --Sulzberger & Zaldems"

You are beyond delusional, dude. I'm sorry that I had to be so blunt. Especially your last few statements. You have NO idea what you're talking about if you think that there is no disease more serious than acne when it comes to causing psychic trauma, etc. Think about life more deeply. That's pretty much the only advice I can give you. I have had moderate acne outbreaks more than once in my life and do have some scarring, but I have 0 problems hooking up with girls and being a head-turner anywhere I go. Again, sorry for being so blunt, but this really pressed my buttons.

1 person likes this

one can post any pic of their's (except if its not vulgar).its silly to question it asking whether or not it is to pick girls.

also,i am not saying dnt post sad posts when u r upset.

just dnt be a rat who never gets positive.

we r here because we have acne.

its moderate now,doesnt mean it was never serious.

and it doesnt mean we dnt get what people are going through.we wouldnt be here answering emotional posts asking them to look through it if we were not interested.

some just think they are the only one who get logic and emotions!!

i know its very difficult to get to facts when its one of the worst days.

but do they only post to get replies like "i am suicidal too.i suffer too."?

i see posts weighing acne and cancer!

and then some accuse us of being insensitive for we dnt get how painful acne is.

some other post talks about acne doesnt let them be a pussy slayer or in other case the interviewer rejected him for acne.

doesnt matter how many in whichever way explain them that it might be their attitude and work that is the main reason,they dnt get it.

i do feel bad initially.but if they go on for well long time,i must admit i feel they need professional help!

some get effected by acne more than some others.

its not wrong.its not right.

just like depression due to other reasons like death or failure etc can be and should be addressed.

so can 'depression for acne' be addressed.(its a separate story that no many goes for it)

if u find an answer here,we r all happy for u.

there's nothing more we want.

but if u see being here isnt helping u in any way,well u gotta understand u need help.

some say oh i dint treat acne initially and now i have scars i will have to live with all my life.

similarly,just being negative all the time will leave ur scars all ur life - why?because work,life,personal relations are all effected.so why not treat?here or otherwise.

for me,if i see a post that needs us(sad posts not those who complain girls are low and only choose hot men),i try to motivate(some days i expect the same from people) but if its beyond repair by us,then help should be seeked.

1 person likes this

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

my balanced diet chart and skincare routine(medications taken & products used now)

My idea was to spread positive vibes and to show people that acne won't disable you from being a success in any department of life if you want it enough and showcase enough of your other good qualities. Chill, man.

The thing is, some people can't do that. For some people, acne IS disabling in those ways. Plenty of people have depression and other chemical imbalances that make those things difficult anyway, let alone with severe acne which causes ongoing physical and mental pain on a daily basis. I'm only saying this from my perspective as someone who suffered with that for a long time: for me, hearing the whole "mind over matter, be positive, you can still choose to be happy" stuff made me feel worse. It made me feel like I was failing on being mentally strong on TOP of failing in health and beauty, you know? I'm not saying this is what you're saying and I do get the point you're trying to make, but honestly I was unable to change my perspective and get happy with acne. It took me getting better from it to begin climbing out of the hole of depression that I was in and I still suffer with depression over other things.

I'm not sure how to exactly articulate the point I'm trying to make and I'm not criticizing you or anything. We've had very similar discussions in here before and I just basically feel that this should be a place where people can be as depressed as they need to be without worrying about coming off too negative or anything like that. I don't think it's true that anyone can find success and happiness while having severe acne (or other limiting health conditions). Many people kill themselves over these things. Depression is a serious disease and acne can most definitely feed into that. It's not always under the person's control how negative they are being. We should just be 100 percent supportive here and nothing else. Just my opinion. I'm tired and rambling. smile.png

1 person likes this

Just though I'd weigh in here...doesn't it make sense to let people be negative or positive whenever they feel like it? Fair enough sometimes it's a bit depressing to read but equally it's reassuring too because others are going through the same stuff.

I think if it seems overwhelmingly negative maybe just don't click on those posts and start a few positive threads. Same goes for when negative threads get some positive advice - if we are feeling like we need to just wallow/ vent without the pep talk then don't reply to the poster.

It's no good complaining about each other, some people are more optimistic and others more pessimistic, either way this is the section to deal with emotions so just accept the happy posts along with the depressing ones.

2 people like this

The thing is, some people can't do that. For some people, acne IS disabling in those ways. Plenty of people have depression and other chemical imbalances that make those things difficult anyway, let alone with severe acne which causes ongoing physical and mental pain on a daily basis. I'm only saying this from my perspective as someone who suffered with that for a long time: for me, hearing the whole "mind over matter, be positive, you can still choose to be happy" stuff made me feel worse. It made me feel like I was failing on being mentally strong on TOP of failing in health and beauty, you know? I'm not saying this is what you're saying and I do get the point you're trying to make, but honestly I was unable to change my perspective and get happy with acne. It took me getting better from it to begin climbing out of the hole of depression that I was in and I still suffer with depression over other things.

I'm not sure how to exactly articulate the point I'm trying to make and I'm not criticizing you or anything. We've had very similar discussions in here before and I just basically feel that this should be a place where people can be as depressed as they need to be without worrying about coming off too negative or anything like that. I don't think it's true that anyone can find success and happiness while having severe acne (or other limiting health conditions). Many people kill themselves over these things. Depression is a serious disease and acne can most definitely feed into that. It's not always under the person's control how negative they are being. We should just be 100 percent supportive here and nothing else. Just my opinion. I'm tired and rambling. smile.png

Chin up, everyone.

"There is no single disease which causes more psychic trauma, more maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feelings of inferiority and greater sums of psychic suffering than does acne vulgaris." --Sulzberger & Zaldems"

i have nothing to say on this!

i will ignore the fact that some said this and others believed.

1 person likes this

i have nothing to say on this!

i will ignore the fact that some said this and others believed.

Chin up, everyone.

Billions of people get acne when they are young. Their is no way of adding up all the all the psychic trauma but can you name a skin disease that's common enough to have a higher sum of maladjustment between parents and children, more general insecurity and feeling of inferiority and greater sums of psychic suffering than does acne vulgaris? It's a quote from medscape introducing a study showing acne's impact on quality of life.

1 person likes this

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

hey I'm sorry. I meant no disrespect.

much love

There is no single disease which causes more psychic trauma,

u really believe that?

really?

no other disease?

its said,doesnt mean its true!

hey I'm sorry. I meant no disrespect.

much love

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

>>

2 people like this

i keep saying acne is troublesome.it does play with ur physical and mental health.

but i dont think i can ever compare it with deadly diseases like cancer or anything else.

i know the rare extremely severe case is considered almost deadly but thats very rare.

as for terming it 'suicidal' and 'depressing' - its just like how a break up or some other condition makes one suicidal.

there are other meds too which has severe side effects(not just accutane).

but u see at the end of the day,these can be addressed.its s separate story that hardly anyone visits a psych consult or a general counselor or a mind therapist for acne.

one option is seeking help from people around u who can motivate u or/and somehow bring u out of it.

for that things that need to be done are - #sad and real thoughts be spoken out and #imbibing of positivity and responding to the any form of therapy.

so,when u say acne is a disease thats utterly painful and cause lots of trouble.i agree with u.

but,

when u say acne is the most traumatic disease and is just as bad or even worse than other deadly diseases.

i disagree.

i have spoken in details about it in another post.

i could send u a link to that if u want.

It is possible that a person might have a more pleasurable life, if their face isn't covered with severe scarring for the rest of their life. So, obsessing over acne is just a means to an end for some people and it can be interpreted as the right thing to do.

huge pores

indented scar

oils used for cooking

What I think they were trying to say (and I agree with) is that for some people, acne can be as devastating as cancer. There were times I would have rather had cancer (and known that I would die soon and be put out of this misery versus having to choose between never ending suffering or suicide) than the severe acne that I had. I definitely thought about suicide often. You could say that I, and others, are "wrong" to feel that way because "it could be worse." But the experience of suffering is an individual thing based on that person's perspective.

There are people who are very mentally healthy and have learned to have a great perspective who are still quite happy and live life with joy while having terminal cancer. There are people with acne who suffer from depression who might be in an unbearable amount of mental pain. There are people who don't even have any physical health condition and are practically supermodel-perfect, yet have a mental disorder like severe depression or anxiety or an eating disorder, and they are suffering with a daily existence that amounts to pure torture. Telling someone like that it could be worse will not help them, because for them, the pain they are in is already at the maximum limit.

What is worse for one may be better for another. We cannot judge what another person feels. So if someone were to come in here and say that for them, having acne is worse than having cancer, it would be wrong to judge that: in their perspective, it may very well be true.

1 person likes this

Morning:

Evening:

What I think they were trying to say (and I agree with) is that for some people, acne can be as devastating as cancer. There were times I would have rather had cancer (and known that I would die soon and be put out of this misery versus having to choose between never ending suffering or suicide) than the severe acne that I had. I definitely thought about suicide often. You could say that I, and others, are "wrong" to feel that way because "it could be worse." But the experience of suffering is an individual thing based on that person's perspective.

There are people who are very mentally healthy and have learned to have a great perspective who are still quite happy and live life with joy while having terminal cancer. There are people with acne who suffer from depression who might be in an unbearable amount of mental pain. There are people who don't even have any physical health condition and are practically supermodel-perfect, yet have a mental disorder like severe depression or anxiety or an eating disorder, and they are suffering with a daily existence that amounts to pure torture. Telling someone like that it could be worse will not help them, because for them, the pain they are in is already at the maximum limit.

What is worse for one may be better for another. We cannot judge what another person feels. So if someone were to come in here and say that for them, having acne is worse than having cancer, it would be wrong to judge that: in their perspective, it may very well be true.

Chin up, everyone.

You know what? I tried to be nice but you are judgmental. I'm done.

Morning:

Evening: