Photo

I Don't Know What To Do For My Acne? (Doxycycline, Ziana)

ziana doxycycline oracea blackheads whiteheads cheek forehead nose benzoyl peroxide clogged pores

1 reply to this topic

#1 ccmw3120

ccmw3120

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

I'm currently 15 1/2 years old and have been on Oracea (1x day) and Ziana (2x day) since April 11 of this year.

My acne started around 13- it wasnt bad, just an occasional zit.

Throughout being 14 it got a little worse, I always had one or two zits.

But turning 15 and freshman year has been the worst, it's now moderate, and I never have less than 10-15 pimples/red spots of popped pimples at a time. I went to a derm for the first time this year and have been on 5% benzoyl peroxide, oracea, and ziana.

Previously in 7-8th grade I used Proactiv, Clinique 3-step, and a 10% bp neutrogena wash. The 10% probably worked the best but it was still consistent.

My acne is always really red, and seems like clogged pores and blackheads. It affects me so much. I dropped out of school and into virtual school because I hated having to face people with it. I only leave the house or go outside once or twice a month, so there's probably Vitamin D deficiency. Some of it seems hormonal, too, as I have irregular periods, so maybe that could be a factor.

Taking oracea and ziana has left me clear at two points- there was probably a total of 7 days in these 3 months where it was clear and I only had blackheads.

I'm stumped and don't know what to do. I really want to fix it before summer ends so I can go back to school. Regarding the whole hermit thing, it really is only the acne causing it. My mom did the whole psychiatric run- this isn't result of some underlying emotional turmoil or depression or whatever. When you're a 15 year old girl with beautiful friends and you have red bumps all over your big nose and not so pretty face, you don't want to get out of the house and be around people. Am I the only one who feels this way? Because my mother is insisting I'm mentally ill because of this, but I'm not, trust me. I'm a rational, logical person but the feeling this gives me is enough to halt my life.

ALSO: my diet- I eat clean, little sugar, lots of fruit and veggies, whole grain, hardly have junk. Only drink water. I exercise daily and I'm around 100lbs and 5'5.

Edited by ccmw3120, 13 June 2013 - 12:50 AM.

#2 Mm88girl

Mm88girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art, psychology, Italian, DIY projects

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I am 24 and I have had acne since I was 14. I have been crying since Monday because my dermatologist wants me to keep trying a medicine that is not working. The best thing for me was differin...I'm trying to get put back on that now. Also, I have embraced makeup. Even if I cant cover everything it makes it look a lot better. Keep in contact with your dermatologist. Give medications a shot but ask for a change if they don't work in 4 months or so. Don't let this ruin your life. Believe me I know it is so hard! But don't let acne take away your life from you. There are a lot of us out there with this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users