Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

durrforsure

Second Course

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I took my first course of accutane a little less than 2 years ago! I had TERRIBLE acne, but it cleared me up really well! After being off of accutane for about a year, I started to break out again. Now, even though I am not nearly as bad as I was the first time around, I am at the point where taking a second course would benefit me!

I'm taking half the dosage I did the first time (I took 40 MG twice a day, but now I will be taking 40 MG once a day!) I just started today, and took my first pill! I'm hoping that (since I already had a course of accutane, my acne isn't severe right now, and I'm taking a lower dosage) that this course will go along a lot smoother! The first time I experienced a bad initial breakout and horrible side effects. Hopefully it won't be as bad this time!

If anybody wants to give me any advice or share their experience about taking a second course of accutane I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

During my first course, they put me on Aripiprazole, Prednisone, and birth control. Now, I am just taking the birth control and using Aczone daily.

Hey, I just hit my 3 week point in my second course. My first was almost six years ago and I didnt really pay attention to the progress/side effects like I am now, all I know is it worked great by the end lol. In the past couple days I started noticing less oil but my skin hasnt shown any improvement yet really. Good luck, Lets hope second times the charm.