regimen acne benzoyl peroxide cream gel

1 reply to this topic

#1 Garrettryan

Garrettryan

Human Optimism Machine.

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness." - Chinese proverb

Achievements

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hello! 

So when I originally started following the regimen I used a drug store brand BP cream... I found that the white residue was just to much to deal with after I bumped up the amount, so I switched to gel. I started the gel today (I'm waiting on Dan's BP in the mail) and it was SOOOOO irritating compared to the cream.. I'm probably going to have to start back to half of a fingers length.. because I actually had to wash the stuff off my face when I tried it with the normal amount I used... I was just wondering if any of you guys had an experience similar to this? and if your face became used to the gel eventually?

And comments or opinions would be awesome!

Thanks (:

#2 nycqueen

nycqueen

Acne Soldier

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me
  • Interests:working out, sports fanatic, education and higher learning, joking around, yoga, running, concerts, dancing, singing, family, friends, happiness

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

What percentage of BP is the gel? Brand? Sometimes switching products quickly can cause irritation, so bumping down for a bit until your skin is use to the new product can help... :)

DKR Log http://www.acne.org/...r/page__st__120
DKR Photo Gallery http://www.acne.org/...66762-nycqueen/

Skin Care Regimen

Mornings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer one drop Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunblock Liquid SPF 70
Evenings: Cleanse with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, One pump application of BP, One pump of Dan's moisturizer and two drops of Dan's AHA+
During Breakouts: Apply 2 pumps of BP and Moisturizer with AHA+ until breakout subsides
Daily: Take multivitamin (WholeFoods 365 brand), probiotics
Makeup: Bare Minerals, wash brushes once to three times a week depending on usage.
Makeup Removal: Swipe jojoba oil to remove eye and facial makeup, wash with Hydrating Cleanser for 4 seconds, rinse, then cleanse for 6 seconds, BP, moisturize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users