Photo

How Often A Day Do You Cry Because You Do Not Have Model Aesthetics?

25 replies to this topic

#21 3lilpigs

3lilpigs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Making this world a beautiful place, starting with ME!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

A good friend that I grew up with is now a very successful male model. His face was on the Banana Republic ads, you know the HUGE posters hanging in the Windows of the store, and behind the cash register? That's him. I have known him since we were 13 years old; we are 35 now. He was not always that handsome. As a matter of fact, in high school we would tease him all the time about his big nose. He had zits, I actually remember one of his best guy friends teasing him because his skin was really broken out. He was popular, not because of his looks, because he was not good looking as a teenage. He was well liked by guys and girls alike because he has a great personality and was freakin hysterically funny. He was an all around cool guy. It wasn't until he was in his 20's that he 'grew into' his big nose (it's still big, but with his facial features and jaw structure, now it is distinguished) and his acne went away. He began modeling in his late 20's, although I haven't talked to him in about 2 years, I'm sure he hasn't let success go to his head, as his personality was strong to begin with. He hadn't been able to rely on his looks while growing up, so was able to develop character and work on his intellect. The good looks that came later sure are nice, but do not define him.

#22 3lilpigs

3lilpigs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Making this world a beautiful place, starting with ME!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

A good friend that I grew up with is now a very successful male model. His face was on the Banana Republic ads, you know the HUGE posters hanging in the Windows of the store, and behind the cash register? That's him. I have known him since we were 13 years old; we are 35 now. He was not always that handsome. As a matter of fact, in high school we would tease him all the time about his big nose. He had zits, I actually remember one of his best guy friends teasing him because his skin was really broken out. He was popular, not because of his looks, because he was not good looking as a teenage. He was well liked by guys and girls alike because he has a great personality and was freakin hysterically funny. He was an all around cool guy. It wasn't until he was in his 20's that he 'grew into' his big nose (it's still big, but with his facial features and jaw structure, now it is distinguished) and his acne went away. He began modeling in his late 20's and although I haven't talked to him in about 2 years, I'm sure he hasn't let success go to his head, as his personality was strong to begin with. He didn't have the advantage that some do, of being able to rely on his looks while growing up, so he was able to develop character and work on his intellect. The good looks that came later sure are nice, but do not define him as a person. If someone says his name, I don't think of the hunk in the advertisements, I think of the funny guy I grew up with.

#23 John457

John457

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

Acne is unfortunately one of my many health problems so even if it were no longer present in my life (which would be phenomenal), I still would not be much closer to approximately model asethetics and living a more normal life as you say.

That scene in Breaking Bad where Jessie is away at rehab for drug use comes to mind. Remember when they're all sitting by the camp fire and the counselor says, "fear and anger accomplish nothing. it's all about accepting yourself." As much as I loathe the idea of remaining static and failing to change, to transform, I think that part of doing so, however difficult, is about learning to accpet yourself, to not compare yourself with others but to recognize your individual worth and to work on maximizing that instead.

Edited by John457, 04 July 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#24 theskinguru

theskinguru

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:im infatuated with taking care of my skin i love helping people with their skin ask me for some tips you wont be dissapoitned and all my tips are proven by my skin

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

ok so i have been in the world of modeling scince i was 4 there is no male model look they justt want men who look great and they are always looking for a new face if you want perfect skin welll some of the model ive worked with dont even have perfect skin plus the world of modeling is an empty place and of no real value

#25 dupa

dupa

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

Literally 0 times a day.

#26 pretty me

pretty me

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

well before almost everynight because I'm alone and I have severe acne.But now I just have scars and some people doesn't care anymore and I have a husband who loves me and never made me feel ugly, No I don't cry about having acnes anymore.When I hear insults I still get hurt but I'm used to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users