I have decided to supplement with Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) as I have heard this vitamin can dramatically help acne. (I'm starting with 3 grams and will work my way up to 5 grams.
I take a very, very low dose of vitamin B complex (with vitamin C) which makes the skin texture amazing. Sometimes, I get a bit greedy and try to up the dosage and have the worst cystic breakouts. I also stop the intake every now and then, and mix the powder(by opening the capsule) along with my mud face masks( I have oily skin).
I also agree with itsoveryes about megadosing with B5. I tried it almost 6 years ago, and I started losing hair like crazy. And my skin went super dry, and yet oily(if that makes sense). I stopped it immediately. I have been on a trial and error method for so long, and the very few things that helped are as follows: 1. Eliminating dairy products
3. Zinc+Mg+low doses of Chromium supplements
4. I also supplement with other vitamins every now and then, to correct the losses brought about by the vitamins I take on a regular basis.
5. Gallons and gallons of water early in the morning.(this has helped me tremendously since I haven't yet found the moisturizer for my oily skin).
6.I also take B complex(very low dose) + vitamin C
7. I try my best to avoid sugar.
8. trying to get away from tea and coffee addiction.
9. Peels every 4 months or so. I give a lot of time for my skin to heal. (I never do a peel when I have an active pimple)
10. Retin-A whenever I feel the need.
11. Facial steam every week. Sauna once a month.
Note: This is what helped ME. I have made my mistakes, and I have the scars to show for it. Everyone's skin is different, so go by what fits your regime.