Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bp - Moles

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've been using Benzac Wash 5(5% benzoyl peroxide) since 2009 for the acne on my back. I use it with periods, sometimes I don't even use it for months.

Especially because I have the feeling the product is giving me moles on my skin...

Because of this I quitted the treatment some months ago, but then I thought maybe the moles were caused by something else. So recently I started using it almost everyday and I really can't help but notice the increased amount of moles on my arms(they get the product on it too when I wash my back) and other places on my body after having used it for some time.

So I was wondering whether I was the only one with this problem or are there others who have it too?

Thanks for your help!

Greetings

So, I've been thinking: I guess the benzac wash(5% benzoyl peroxide) makes my skin more vulnerable to the sun and that's why I get moles superfast during the use of benzoyl peroxide? confused.gif I wish there was a way to make this undone...

This is interesting because I definitely got a few small moles on my face when I was using the regimen. I agree that it's due to the sun sensitivity...

1 person likes this

There is a hereditary component to moles but I have never seen anything in the literature about bp and moles.

I think it's probably because BP isn't a direct cause for moles, but more an indirect cause in combination with the sun that there is not much written about it in literature.