I have been on rounds of different antibiotics pretty consistently for 3 years. They would always keep me clear for about 4 to 6 months before the derm would have to prescribe me a new one. Early this year, I began breaking out again very badly and now I have lots of post acne marks and hyperpigmentation as well. The antibiotics didn't seem to be helping.
After doing a lot of research, I decided I didn't want to go down the antibiotic route anymore and start supplementing with higher doses of particular vitamins. A week ago, I went to the derm to see if there were any other options besides antibiotics or accutane. He basically insisted that I needed to take a different antibiotic in order to get my acne under control first, and then I could think about weaning off. So my derm prescribed me Doryx (time-released doxycycline) as well as the topical Tazorac. Though full of doubts and hesitation, I ended up leaving with the prescription and have been taking the Doryx for a week. It's been a week and my acne is much, much worse than it was when I saw the derm. In fact, it's the most severe I have ever had in my life. The acne has spread to places I've never had it in before and is extremely inflamed.
I want to get off the Doryx-- that I am positive of now. My question to you guys is: Should I get off of it now or should I wait until my course is finished? I wanted to ask this question in the holistic/diet section of the forum because I would like advice from a "holistic, health-conscious" point of view. I do regret listening to my derm by taking the Doryx, but now that I've been taking it for a week, would it be bad to just get off it immediately when in the middle of what might be an initial breakout?
p.s. I also am on a colon/parasite cleanse, which I started about 3 weeks ago-- way before I started taking the Doryx.