Photo

Experiences? Topical Urine For Scars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

#61 purpletulip

purpletulip

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

it varies depending on what you eat, but usually around 2-4%

#62 purpletulip

purpletulip

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

hi everyone,

it's been another week. i've been forgetting to apply the urine in the mornings some days, but i've been applying plenty of beta glucan solution in the evenings (just the GoW one). the irritation from last week has subsided and the color on my scars continues to improve. i feel almost normal :D can't say much for the texture though. will keep doing what i'm doing. also planning on restarting the urea next week.

:)

#63 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

So how would you say urine helped your skin?

#64 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:25 AM

If you have tme to focus on one scar try this.

Mix 50/50 jojoba/castor oil and cover it with a plastic wrap(if you can find non toxic even better)

for as long as you can .Works.

If you're bored of Suburbia, burn down your house,lets dance in the colour of the fire.

#65 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

Maybe silicon sheets (i.e. scar - away or kelo-cote) would help smooth the rough texture, or perhaps retinaldehyde/ retinoic acid? You could also test a little fresh lemon juice....but the beta glucan should continue to heal & improve your skin!!!

Edited by aquasea, 02 July 2013 - 03:49 AM.

• Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well.
  • Our food should be our medicine.
  • Walking is man's best medicine.
  • As to diseases make a habit of two things - to help, or at least, to do no harm.
  • Prayer indeed is good, but while calling on [God], a man should himself lend a hand.

All quotes by ~ Hippocrates, "Father of Modern Medicine"

#66 purpletulip

purpletulip

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

aghhne, i'm not entirely sure how the urine helped. since i DID see some changes, my guess is the urea and whatever vitamin/hormone content was what helped. but the commercial urea helped get rid of color too. jury is still out on the texture.

panos, i have tried castor oil, for multiple extended periods of time. it doesn't do much for me that any other oil doesn't do. thanks for the suggestion though.

aquasea, i have also tried the silicone sheets, they don't stick very well, and don't do anything other than temporarily compress the area and prevent me from using any products. i prefer the silicone gel. it's really just another occlusive agent after all. retinoic acid is basically tretinoin, and i'm never touching that stuff. lemon juice is an acid, much like the vinegar, and cause worse hyperpigmentation especially when exposed to sunlight. so given it's summer and that pigmentation happens really easily for me, i'm just gonna maybe not do that, but thank you anyway :) 

the beta glucans feel pretty good. i'm just going to keep using those, and my regular lotion, and go back to the urea cream next week. i will apply urine as i remember to in the mornings.

:)

#67 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

You should cover it with plastic wrap. Everything works in a good enviroment.

It will work,also avocado works.

''Avogen is a lipid or oil that is found only in avocado

Avogen keys on an essential phenotype found in the extracellular matrix (ECM). That technical description contains many implications beyond skin beauty. The ECM occurs throughout the body, for one. A way to image this is to think of cells as islands in an ocean of ECM. The ocean connects the islands and creates an ecosystem of signals that guides cell metabolism. The healthier the ECM, the healthier and more vital the cellular activity.

Avogen aids the ECM directly and simply. It is very noticeable in topical application – skin becomes softer and builds out – it plumps up. Inside, Avogen leads to a better functioning you all around. In non-technical language - you feel younger. Avogen is one of nature’s gifts.

Avogen is safe, very well tolerated and whether used topically or internally a once per day dosing is sufficient. Nothing will be gained by consuming Avogen more frequently.

Edited by panos, 02 July 2013 - 05:18 PM.

If you're bored of Suburbia, burn down your house,lets dance in the colour of the fire.

#68 purpletulip

purpletulip

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

thanks panos.

#69 pete23

pete23

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Wtf is going on in this thread? No offense to anyone, but I see people putting urine on their face and get skeptical. Has anyone documented results with pictures for any of this?

#70 purpletulip

purpletulip

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

clearly there is no documentation or proof, otherwise it wouldn't be a debate. what's going on in this thread is an attempt at an experiment, with the reasoning that desperate times call for desperate measures. if you don't like what you see, click away. no one is forcing you to read or try this.

the main point of my starting this thread was to see if anyone else had tried it or had any useful feedback on it (note: useful feedback does NOT equal judgment and negative blanket statements based on prejudice). and maybe if something did work, it might offer hope to someone else roaming the internet looking for a solution to their skin problems. if it doesn't work, then no harm done.

thank you to those that have offered suggestions or support. 

#71 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

*Note: Lemon juice is nothing like vinegar...it contains vitamin c which induces collagen & is an alkalizing agent unlike vinegar...it also gets rid of pigmentation. Cheers :)

• Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well.
  • As to diseases make a habit of two things - to help, or at least, to do no harm.
  • Prayer indeed is good, but while calling on [God], a man should himself lend a hand.

#72 purpletulip

purpletulip

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

thanks for the clarification aquasea. what i meant was, lemon juice is an acid like vinegar is, and that's the reason why it exfoliates. and one of the reasons why i am wary of it during sunny summer months. but yes you're right it does have vitamin c in it. though i think raw ACV is supposed to have vit c too? where did you see that vit c induces collagen? and what benefit does alkalizing have?

#73 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

Just research it, vitamin c helps induces collagen...and as I'm sure you know, an alkaline/ base substance is opposite to an acid...so, although lemon juice contains citric acid, it also has an alkalizing/ base effect (because of its high mineral content) when taken internally...it also may help balance skin pH...i.e. skin should have a pH of 5.5 - slightly acidic... however, lemon juice can be diluted to make it have less of an exfoliating effect...

PS While the epidermis (top layer) needs to be slightly acidic, the body's pH should be mildly alkaline i.e. blood should have a pH of between 7.35 and 7.45 (including cells in the dermis, inner layer)....

Edited by aquasea, 03 July 2013 - 03:07 AM.

#74 purpletulip

purpletulip

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

hey guys,

so, i've been using mostly the beta glucans, and i think they are helping wiht some of the pitted areas. the enlarged deep pores look a lot shallower, and the pigmentation looks a lot better too. i will continue to use the beta glucans, and do a couple days of urea cream again this week (apparently too much of that is irritating). i've been slacking on using the urine consistently, but hey, i will take whatever works wink.png

note: i have also started taking beta glucans internally, since i have a lot of muscle issues that stem from scar tissue and adhesions/restrictions. dunno if that will have an effect on my skin too.

Edited by purpletulip, 08 July 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#75 AI3forever

AI3forever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

Is this a troll thread???

#76 panos

panos

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Is this a troll thread???

No sir. 

#77 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

That's so good that the beta glucan has been helping to heal your skin Purpletulip smile.png I'll look into the GoW brand after my beta glucan liquid brand runs out ...I really would like to minimize the amount of chemicals on my skin...And it should be very therapeutic to take internally too...btw, what brand are you using for your beta glucan capsules?

Personally, I have started to use a new vitamin brand called DEVA...it's far more potent than other brands....

I have also been using beta glucan liquid along with other things (i.e. 2 x per week retin a medium strength; 2 x  per week fresh lemon juice; 1 x every month  b3 niacinamide (for my forehead); 3 x weekly derma rolling with a 0.25mm roller from clearskincare.com.au; single needling for stubborn/ deeper scars- as required ; weekly supergreen face masks (manuka honey [factor 10+]+ Synergy Natural Super Green Powder + lemon juice); and supergreen powder [chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass/ wheat grass] with fresh juice daily )....after 3.5 months, my skin has undergone major transformation, from severe skin damage (from 2nd degree burns) to almost 100% healing...I noticed too when I gently exercise my skin looks much better too...

Lastly, I have begun to use face wipes instead of washing/showering my skin everyday/ regularly (I'm trying to be more "french" in my approach to washing with tap water and showers - I've noticed my skin doesn't like tap water at all - it's bordering on an allergy...however sea water, natural water, rainwater, spring water is very healing for my skin; don't think my skin likes the fluoride/ other contaminants in tap water)...the "Smart Skin" facial wipes I'm using contains aloe vera, vitamin e and other things (however, it contains preservatives too which isn't ideal at all)...so I'm trying to locate facial wipes called "Pink Wipes" which only contain 100% natural ingredients...

I'm also still looking for the best natural moisturizer for my skin...I love the rosehip oil, it was great for massaging, but I think I'll only use it once a month with an intensive hydrating facial steam bath....that's because it gives me weird spots when I use it regularly (which is annoying as I no longer have acne or breakout - thanks to being a mostly raw wholefood organic vegan)...it helps when I use tea tree oil with it, but I don't like the fact I can get strange random blemishes when using rosehip oil daily...might look into the The Body Deli brand.... 

PS  I'm doing a mini-fast as well for extra health/ skin healing..i.e http://www.acne.org/...port/?p=3365179

Edited by aquasea, 09 July 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#78 AghhNe

AghhNe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

So the beta glucan has been filling up your scars a bit?
What do you use and where did you buy it?

#79 purpletulip

purpletulip

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

i'm using the Garden of Wisdom oat beta glucans (i got the 2oz), straight, on my face, and the Transfer Point 500mg beta glucan capsules internally, in the morning on an empty stomach.

as for moisturizer, aquasea you might consider Shea Moisture brand Baby Healing Lotion, i loooove it smile.png it's thick and moisturizing without being suffocating and has lots of good ingredients in it. i just order it online.

Edited by purpletulip, 10 July 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#80 aquasea

aquasea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for the brand info & tips Purpletulip :) I'll look into the Shea Moisture brand 'Baby Healing Lotion', cheers !