26 replies to this topic

#21 jenjen182

jenjen182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

do CC creams count? I personally haven't tried many BB creams, but I like lumene's CC cream....light, easy to apply, SPF, relatively cheap, and decent ingredients.

Yes, CC creams do count. smile.png What have you used?

I only used Lumene so far and I'm happy with it. The color is a little off for me, but I usually put some blush and it looks alright. It doesn't cause breakouts and lasts for many hours.
I was curious about the new Ponds CC cream...anyone tried it?

I have tried the Ponds CC cream, and it wasn't my favorite. Disturbed my dry patches and made my skin very oily, which is not good for acne prone skin. What I swear by is the Garnier BB cream for oily/combination skin. I apply this with my expert studio beauty blender and it doesn't disturb dryness, doesn't cause peeling, hydrates the skin, etc. There are so many things I love about this product! The coverage is very nice, like medium-buildable. I can just skip the concealer. But best of all, it is non-comedogenic, oil free, non-acnegenic (meaning it causes no acne), and has an SPF of 20 (no white cast). The only draw back is the shades- it only comes in 3 shades (deep, medium/deep, and light/medium). Definitely give it a shot!

There are two versions of the Garnier BB Cream and the best is by far the oily/combination skin. It has a much better formula.

Edited by jenjen182, 16 July 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Morning

-Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, Desert Essence 100% Jojoba Oil, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer

Night

-Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, AcneFree Spot Treatment (3% BP), Desert Essence 100% Jojoba Oil, Vaseline

My clear complexion log: http://www.acne.org/...1-teenage-acne/

#22 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:45 PM

do CC creams count? I personally haven't tried many BB creams, but I like lumene's CC cream....light, easy to apply, SPF, relatively cheap, and decent ingredients.

Yes, CC creams do count. smile.png What have you used?

I only used Lumene so far and I'm happy with it. The color is a little off for me, but I usually put some blush and it looks alright. It doesn't cause breakouts and lasts for many hours.
I was curious about the new Ponds CC cream...anyone tried it?

I have tried the Ponds CC cream, and it wasn't my favorite. Disturbed my dry patches and made my skin very oily, which is not good for acne prone skin. What I swear by is the Garnier BB cream for oily/combination skin. I apply this with my expert studio beauty blender and it doesn't disturb dryness, doesn't cause peeling, hydrates the skin, etc. There are so many things I love about this product! The coverage is very nice, like medium-buildable. I can just skip the concealer. But best of all, it is non-comedogenic, oil free, non-acnegenic (meaning it causes no acne), and has an SPF of 20 (no white cast). The only draw back is the shades- it only comes in 3 shades (deep, medium/deep, and light/medium). Definitely give it a shot!

There are two versions of the Garnier BB Cream and the best is by far the oily/combination skin. It has a much better formula.

I heard good things about garnier's BB cream...might have to try it soon! 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#23 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

I really still have to put my vote for any Korean-brand BB creams. Koreans know their stuff. Trust!

#24 jenjen182

jenjen182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

I have tried Korean BB creams, and even though I have pale skin, I find that they do not match me in any way. They look gray and toneless on me, and have given me horrible breakouts. I just feel like my skin is more used to the American ones :)

Morning

-Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, Desert Essence 100% Jojoba Oil, Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer

Night

-Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, AcneFree Spot Treatment (3% BP), Desert Essence 100% Jojoba Oil, Vaseline

#25 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

do you order korean bb creams online, or do some stores sell them?

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#26 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

I'd also heard great things about the garnier bb cream so was excited to try it out. I'd been wanting to get away from wearing heavier foundations. I bought the garnier bb cream for oily/combo skin (in the long / tall tube) the other week and unfortunately their 'light' shade is still far too dark / orange for my skin. I have to mix it with a pale foundation to use it. I think on it's own, if the colour was better for my skin, it would be quite nice and cover well. 

Started The Acne.org Regimen 2nd July 2013

#27 jenjen182

jenjen182

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:53 AM

I'd also heard great things about the garnier bb cream so was excited to try it out. I'd been wanting to get away from wearing heavier foundations. I bought the garnier bb cream for oily/combo skin (in the long / tall tube) the other week and unfortunately their 'light' shade is still far too dark / orange for my skin. I have to mix it with a pale foundation to use it. I think on it's own, if the colour was better for my skin, it would be quite nice and cover well. 

I agree. I live in the US, so here there is no light shade, the lightest is light/medium. I have pale skin and was super doubtful, but somehow it adapted to my skin and matches me. I just wish they had a bigger shade range, then it would be perfect! But it is still the best drugstore BB cream I've ever come across.

Morning

Night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users