(although i mean to start it primarily for those in India but in today's age boundaries aint really an issue ; considering online shopping and other modern facilities.
so,do not hesitate adding ur suggestions or posting questions/concerns or seeking additional tips on sunscreen)
according to me,
an ideal sunscreen (for acne prone skin or otherwise) should be one -
- with spf 30 or more
- with both chemical and physical barriers(for complete protection from UVA & UVB)
- with zinc oxide(some prefer titanium dioxide as well) as physical barrier.
- with no-oil or any comedogenic ingredients
- with less/no paraben,fragnance and needless excess ingredients.
- which doesn't give a greasy/shiny/oily look after application.
- which doesn't take ages to be absorbed or dry on skin.
- which shouldn't make u extra sweaty.
- gives less/no chalky look(i personally wouldn't have a big issue with a slightly pale look ,provided the stuff is good)
if u have any suggestion or concern/question/tips on sunscreens (or on the criteria) then please do post ur opinion here.!!!!!!!!
personal feed :
at present i use MELAGARD 50+ (as dermatologist prescribed).
it doesn't give me any problem except for it does make me feel a shiny/oily.
the product details :
spf 50+(protection against UVA ,UVB and some UVC)
said to be water resistant(personally never tried it in water)
application : not bad.its in a lotion form and spreads easily.
- octinoxate 7.5%
- avobenzone 2.0%
- oxybenzone 3.0%
- octocrylene 3.0%
- zinc oxide 2.0%
price : for 60ml i had paid Rs. 280(or a lil' less.the pack says Rs. 281.87)
one minus for me : makes me moderately shiny/greasy (and i don't use any make-up or powder on top)