Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayjay786

Very Thin, Red, Scarred, Itchy Skin - Please Help

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Need big help here - I am suffering from severely thin, red, scarred skin. Let me give you a bit of past information:

it got really bad at around after my 21st birthday, due to the following reasons:

1 - I started using salt water excessively on a daily basis for a month on my easily controllable acne (on the advice of my barber - Real stupid - i know!!!! but i was young) which led to my skin becoming severely red, itchy and sensitive. At the time i wasn't of the understanding that my skin just needed time to heal and needed moisture to it.

2 - I had than gone on holidays to hot countries and became severely burnt. Due to this my skin was very thin and started to itch me at night time - which made unconsciously itch - which gave me scars all over my cheeks

3 - I went to the doctor who decided to give me Steroid cream - which I had no idea would cause me further problems - as it seemed to be working well and I thought it was everything i was searching for - which further made my skin itch and more irritated and caused me to break out more - which caused more scarring and red marks :(

4 - I went back to my doctor again - who than decided to send me to Dermatologist - who decided to put me on Roaeaccutane - which as you can guess caused my skin to thin more, become more fragile, red and now dry, but at the same time weirdly oily - so combination.

It has been now 6 months after the rooeaccutane - I have no idea where to go - and what to do - I am so thankful to find this website - as i plan not to make any decisions on my skin without getting advice from here.

My situation now is how i make my skin thicker - less red - reduce the scarring. and stop the itching I know it will never be perfect - but something close to normal would do me right. I would be thankful for any advice :)

Thanks In Advance :)

You might want to try Kelo-cote. It's 100% silicone and will help reduce the scarring, take the itch and redness out of your skin. Give it a try. My family and I use it occasionally when we have to and highly recommend it. You can get it from their website or at CVS, Amazon.

You might want to try Kelo-cote. It's 100% silicone and will help reduce the scarring, take the itch and redness out of your skin. Give it a try. My family and I use it occasionally when we have to and highly recommend it. You can get it from their website or at CVS, Amazon.

Hi Sharon - Thanks for replying - Means a lot - is there a specific Kelo-cote you use - as an amazon search brought up a few interesting products from them - and I wouldn't want to purchase the wrong one ? Thanks in advance :)

Hi jayjay. I don't think it really matters which Kelo-cote product you use, the spray or the gel will work just fine. I have used both and found them to be effective.