Can I Double My Dosage?

7 posts in this topic

This may seem like a silly question, but I need some opinions. I'm was on 100mg of minocycline for 1 month. When I went back to the derm the nurse messed it up somehow and prescribed me 50mg instead of 100. Since I'm only taking 1 pill a day can I take 2 a day, 12 hours apart, to get me back to taking 100mg? I have noticed that I'm breaking out more since taking 100mg.

i would love to advise you on the pill topic though this is best left to the demotalogist that prescribed it to you, or any knowledgable one would do =)

If you are supposed to be taking 100 mg, 2x a day, then yes that would be fine to double them. You should tell your doctor though so they can fix that error though.

This may seem like a silly question, but I need some opinions. I'm was on 100mg of minocycline for 1 month. When I went back to the derm the nurse messed it up somehow and prescribed me 50mg instead of 100. Since I'm only taking 1 pill a day can I take 2 a day, 12 hours apart, to get me back to taking 100mg? I have noticed that I'm breaking out more since taking 100mg.

No, the first time she prescribed me 100mg once a day. Now, the nurse who enters the prescription into the computer put 5mg once a day. She was having trouble putting in the prescription that I think she just goofed and put 50 instead of 100. The 50mg it says to take once a day too, I just want to know if I can take 2- 50mg pills a day to get me back up to 100mg a day.

Yeah that should be fine. If you were on 100 in the first place and the nurse goofed up then I see no issue in you taking 2 50mg pills. The only issue would be your going to run out of them in half the time. Can you not call the doctor office and ask for a new script? Since the error was on their end they should try and fix it. But reguardless yes it is safe for you to do that.

Yeah I don't mind running out early, I'm actually going to be on accutane soon anyways.