Antibiotics

Can I Double My Dosage?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kris1787

Kris1787

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Baking, Going for walks, movies, music, wine, chocolate, being envious of peoples beautiful skin..

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

This may seem like a silly question, but I need some opinions. I'm was on 100mg of minocycline for 1 month. When I went back to the derm the nurse messed it up somehow and prescribed me 50mg instead of 100. Since I'm only taking 1 pill a day can I take 2 a day, 12 hours apart, to get me back to taking 100mg? I have noticed that I'm breaking out more since taking 100mg.

Dan's cleanser

Tea tree oil

Accutane (Claravis) 30mg

#2 solveanceforever

solveanceforever

Cure Acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Cure Acne

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

i would love to advise you on the pill topic though this is best left to the demotalogist that prescribed it to you, or any knowledgable one would do =)

1 Start reading --> Help Me! What I Do!?!? /// 2 what to use? right here --> the acne.org line -- why are you making it any more difficult? -- that's all you need. you don't need anything more than that. follow it exactly, then tell me how it was in detail (with photo proofs)

3 is it Christmas yet? -->> Cure Acne Guide <<-- (you may pm me one highest quality evidence for my reviewing)

look, you may not care, but i do -- misinformation or awfully poor data is extremely dangerousmuch comes from marketers, gurus, other media, and simply unreliable, careless people, fake or real, intentionally or not. they are NOT there to help you -- and they don't care about you -- understand that. if they did, they would make sure the data was reliable -- absolutely reliable -- among other things. so you better have diligence. You should care about where you get your data from, because 99% of it is crap, and if you still don't care, then i don't care, and you can go ahead and eat unreliable fast food junk data and bloat yourself up to become a low-quality person for the rest of your life. good people don't want that for you, only the bad do. at times, you'll piss a lot of people off when you tell them what's reality. there's a lot of sigs, and if you want to keep with quality, this is the only place i personally trust until someone shows me solid, reliable evidence. 

i have a one 1-line reply per directly acne-specific thread policy. all distractions/notifications turned off. if you have reliable evidence i should see, you may pm

* evil people have profiteered off of the expense of others long enough,

* so remember im only sharing this guide for those Few people

* that will actually care and appreciate it. im doing you a Huge favour~

#3 melmel87

melmel87

melle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

If you are supposed to be taking 100 mg, 2x a day, then yes that would be fine to double them. You should tell your doctor though so they can fix that error though.

This may seem like a silly question, but I need some opinions. I'm was on 100mg of minocycline for 1 month. When I went back to the derm the nurse messed it up somehow and prescribed me 50mg instead of 100. Since I'm only taking 1 pill a day can I take 2 a day, 12 hours apart, to get me back to taking 100mg? I have noticed that I'm breaking out more since taking 100mg.

#4 Kris1787

Kris1787

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Baking, Going for walks, movies, music, wine, chocolate, being envious of peoples beautiful skin..

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

No, the first time she prescribed me 100mg once a day. Now, the nurse who enters the prescription into the computer put 5mg once a day. She was having trouble putting in the prescription that I think she just goofed and put 50 instead of 100. The 50mg it says to take once a day too, I just want to know if I can take 2- 50mg pills a day to get me back up to 100mg a day.

Dan's cleanser

Tea tree oil

Accutane (Claravis) 30mg

#5 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Yeah that should be fine. If you were on 100 in the first place and the nurse goofed up then I see no issue in you taking 2 50mg pills. The only issue would be your going to run out of them in half the time. Can you not call the doctor office and ask for a new script? Since the error was on their end they should try and fix it. But reguardless yes it is safe for you to do that.
Regimen:
AM: CeraVe foaming face wash, 100mg Spirolactone
PM: CeraVe foaming face wash, witch hazel, Acne.org AHA+
Been taking Sprio since 1/2013

#6 Kris1787

Kris1787

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yeah I don't mind running out early, I'm actually going to be on accutane soon anyways.

Dan's cleanser

Tea tree oil

Accutane (Claravis) 30mg

#7 Like Moonlight

Like Moonlight

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Then go for it
Regimen: